Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This poser figure is a better Predator 1 than Hot Toys original Predator figure. Sad but true. So I don't see any shame with using this figure as a stand-in for the original.

It's not that they weren't trying to; it's just that they've gotten much, much better at their craft in the past few years. I mean look at their first Tony Stark headsculpt compared to their most recent. That's how much they've advanced in two years' time.

:goodpost: :exactly: no shame on that, most people that don't have the "trained eye" is going to assume it is from the original. Just guys like us on these forms and collectors will tell the difference...my family and friends that come over to see them display won't tell the difference.

it's funny to see how many ppl want to make this into a P1. I will not be one of those; it was a complete knock off of the original SWS creation, I won't give them the satisfaction and disrespect the SWS creation by trying to pass this poser figure off as the real thing, but they will still get my $200
ok i can't really argue with the reasoning there... but you gotta at least admit this would be a far better P1 if it had the right armor/accessories. the first HT P1 figure was kind of a let down in the size and sculpting department. this one is still too damn small to be Kevin, but the proportions and details are fantastic considering it was sculpted by Tsang.

Ordered a second one with Toys2. This guy looks too good either with or without the mask so theres no way I'd be satisfied with just the one. I'd be afraid of damaging the face over time by popping the mask on and off.

Ordered a second one with Toys2. This guy looks too good either with or without the mask so theres no way I'd be satisfied with just the one. I'd be afraid of damaging the face over time by popping the mask on and off.
i'll probably just leave the mask on since that's the main thing that identifies him as the Classic. if they made a 2nd version that comes with that glyph thingy he was hanging from, i'd go maskless with that one.

Does anybody know how much SSC charges shipping on a figure like this? I live in Texas, if anybody knows it would greatly appreciated. I want the Ex version but don't want to pay $250 for it.

Does anybody know how much SSC charges shipping on a figure like this? I live in Texas, if anybody knows it would greatly appreciated. I want the Ex version but don't want to pay $250 for it.
Probably $15-20. I live in Louisiana, and their shipping is not outrageous. Standard UPS pricing, I think.

It was about time to introduce the new body sculpt.

The first classic pred looks a bit comically with his big head and tiny legs, that makes him more "toyish". While on the other hand, the new body sculpt makes "new classic pred" look massive and much more realistic.

frontalck.jpg

The first classic pred looks a bit comically with his big head and tiny legs, that makes him more "toyish". While on the other hand, the new body sculpt makes "new classic pred" look massive and much more realistic.

frontalck.jpg

:goodpost:

Ive ordered the EX from Sideshow but does does anyone in the UK have an estimate on how much we will end up paying after VAT, shipping and custom charges?
I will most likely cancel my order and get it from Onesixthbruce if it ends up costing too much from sideshow.
Thanks.

frontalck.jpg

This picture might be held responsible for some upcoming P1 sales :lol

Back