PREDATORS – Mr. Black Mask Life-Size Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to taking some shots. I am just getting started on a little paint work that will end up with some clear being shot on the main helmet area. I have also started a little bit of weathering like what Kaijuboy was talking about...putting some gun metal coloring in some of the dents/damage marks. The flash really brings it out in the photos...its not as noticeable in person. I plan on knocking it back a bit with a dark amber/black blend. Once that's done, then I'll do the gloss clear.
CIMG1925.jpg

CIMG1926.jpg

CIMG1927.jpg

CIMG1928.jpg

Finally got around to taking some shots. I am just getting started on a little paint work that will end up with some clear being shot on the main helmet area. I have also started a little bit of weathering like what Kaijuboy was talking about...putting some gun metal coloring in some of the dents/damage marks. The flash really brings it out in the photos...its not as noticeable in person. I plan on knocking it back a bit with a dark amber/black blend. Once that's done, then I'll do the gloss clear.

Congrats on the piece! :hi5:

Yes, its a tricky piece to photograph (only gets worse after you gloss it!), but then again I'm no photographer. :dunno.

Only other thing I'm thinking about doing is a little black/brown wash where the mask meets the jawbone. Considering how "dirty" the mask (and jawbone) are, its seems odd that this crevice is actually "cleaner" on mine. :confused: After that, he'll be officially done as far as I'm concerned. :)

Also, were there only like 5 of us on this board who ordered this bio? As it seems no one else is posting. Even Faken & Fremen, both Canadians, have gotten theirs, and this item is sold out and wasnt a split shipment either, so where are the remaining 745 masks!? :panic:

Last edited:
Kaijuboy,
I can't remember if you have the AVP masks or not but if you do have you done anything to the lenses?

I do not have the AVP masks, but have done extensive lense-work elswhere. I'll be posting up some pics of a completely custom build-up/paint-up Wolf that I recently completed with actual polarized lenses and meshing. :)

But thats a topic for another thread. ;) Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions, or are wanting any work done on your bios.

Mine will be here on Wednesday and every time I try to post pics it will never let me, it always says it's spam and won't let me. Can't wait to see your lens pics!!!!!!!!! I still can't understand why SS did what they did with the lenses with the other masks. Even if that was the way ADI wanted them done couldn't SS say hey those look like ____ and we need to improve them or we won't do them!?!

Also, were there only like 5 of us on this board who ordered this bio? As it seems no one else is posting. Even Faken & Fremen, both Canadians, have gotten theirs, and this item is sold out and wasnt a split shipment either, so where are the remaining 745 masks!? :panic:

It's seems that way doesn't it...:lol I'm not getting mine from SS but from a different vendor. I hope to find out tomorrow when it will ship. I passed on all the other Bios when they first came out but eventually picked them all up so far except Chopper. (just waiting on the right deal to show up)

I do not have the AVP masks, but have done extensive lense-work elswhere. I'll be posting up some pics of a completely custom build-up/paint-up Wolf that I recently completed with actual polarized lenses and meshing. :)

But thats a topic for another thread. ;) Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions, or are wanting any work done on your bios.

I'd like to see what you've done. I suck at any sort of customizing but for Celtic I bought some mirrored screen protectors for a phone. tried my hand at it yesterday and it looked great if I could have gotten them cut out correctly.

Mine will be here on Wednesday and every time I try to post pics it will never let me, it always says it's spam and won't let me.

What image hosting site are you using?

I'm Canadian but I usually have these things shipped directly from the US as opposed to finding an online retailer here. Mine should be here sometime in the next 2 weeks I guess. Can't wait !

Mine will be here on Wednesday and every time I try to post pics it will never let me, it always says it's spam and won't let me. Can't wait to see your lens pics!!!!!!!!! I still can't understand why SS did what they did with the lenses with the other masks. Even if that was the way ADI wanted them done couldn't SS say hey those look like ____ and we need to improve them or we won't do them!?!

My sentiments exactly. It's one thing to do some (optional) small "touch-ups" or "enhancements" (like what I'm doing with the Berserker bio), but a completely different story when you have to do things to even get the piece to what it "should" be. :nono Dont forget to post your impressions when you get it! :)

I'd like to see what you've done. I suck at any sort of customizing but for Celtic I bought some mirrored screen protectors for a phone. tried my hand at it yesterday and it looked great if I could have gotten them cut out correctly.

Use a handful of semi-firm clay (playdough works great for this), press it up against the eye, then pull it off carefully. It will give you a clean impression of the lense area. Lay your film over it and trace out the correct shape. Lay the cut piece over the impression, and make any trims/adjustments, and Ta-da! Perfect cut lenses to place over the Celtic's eyes. :)

I recommend sheet styrene personally, as its thicker and gives the added perception of "real" glass depth, and accepts all sorts of treatments like tinting, etc.

And the Wolf pics are coming real soon, as well as a little Pred2 Disc mod, a fun little Sauron Mace mod, and a surprise HCG Alien Mod that I guarantee will turn some heads... :naughty

Ive been busy the last few months... :D

My sentiments exactly. It's one thing to do some (optional) small "touch-ups" or "enhancements" (like what I'm doing with the Berserker bio), but a completely different story when you have to do things to even get the piece to what it "should" be. :nono Dont forget to post your impressions when you get it! :)

Use a handful of semi-firm clay (playdough works great for this), press it up against the eye, then pull it off carefully. It will give you a clean impression of the lense area. Lay your film over it and trace out the correct shape. Lay the cut piece over the impression, and make any trims/adjustments, and Ta-da! Perfect cut lenses to place over the Celtic's eyes. :)

I recommend sheet styrene personally, as its thicker and gives the added perception of "real" glass depth, and accepts all sorts of treatments like tinting, etc.

And the Wolf pics are coming real soon, as well as a little Pred2 Disc mod, a fun little Sauron Mace mod, and a surprise HCG Alien Mod that I guarantee will turn some heads... :naughty

Ive been busy the last few months... :D

Which Alien Kit is that KB? I still havent started on the Alien kit I got from you...

Which Alien Kit is that KB? I still havent started on the Alien kit I got from you...

No kit, it WAS the HCG 1/1 Bust... ;)
And which kit from me? We've done several transactions, & I've long purged my mailboxes. :monkey1 Oh, and PM me if you're still interested in a 1/1 Alien Queen face/bust. :wink1:

Looks like you got rid of the horse face.....:lol

And sooooo much more. :naughty But Im not here to de-rail this thread, I'll save any comments for its own thread. :)

Congrats on the piece! :hi5:

Mine is pre-ordered through Scifigenre.com because they give free shipping. i emailed them for an ETA on this bad boy, so i am just waiting for a response.

Just got done throwing down the first coat of clear, will put down the next soon. I can already tell that this is going to look 10 times better...

Here are some shots. I had to shoot it in a cold space, and I then brought it in. When I did that, there must have been a reaction between the clear, the cold, and the warmth of the house. In result, I somehow achieved a rainbow effect in the clear. I think it may go away after the temperature stabilizes, but if it stays it will be awesome. See the pics below, it was hard to photograph, but I think you can see it here, especially on the crown.
CIMG1950.jpg

CIMG1949.jpg

CIMG1948.jpg

Looks much closer now to the screen used bio...
3535565pred2217ec3ee72f.jpg

You're pushing me over the edge Furious, your pushing me over the edge. :lol

I just might have to get this.

I will probably take a scuff pad to a few spots once it is completely cured to give it another dimension. Now I'm wondering if I should semi gloss the teeth, might make them look more like teeth...right now they are the same dullness of the jawbone.

I will probably take a scuff pad to a few spots once it is completely cured to give it another dimension. Now I'm wondering if I should semi gloss the teeth, might make them look more like teeth...right now they are the same dullness of the jawbone.
You should seriously do it.

Back