PREDATORS – Mr. Black Mask Life-Size Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! My review is up on the Berserker Bio :) Please check it out here:

Enjoy :)

Now to go tidy up my office that looks like a hurricane went through it lol!

I don't think the color is infused actually, it's applied to the top as far as I can tell. I have a small rubbed out scrape on the underside of the helmet near the crown lip (likely from it sitting on a work bench or whatever when being painted) and you can see the light primer/resin under the paint.

Dan

Thanks for the in-depth review! Hopefully mine will come within the next couple weeks.
Love the website. Keep doing what your doing!

Great review Faken. I've been watching your videos since before i even signed up to these forums where i get to show off and discuss my collectibles. Even though i will be getting all the 1:1 Predators merch anyway (aside from probably the super predator skull... probably) i was torn between the Classic Skull and Berserker Bio as my first purchase. But after watching your review coupled with the fact the skull cant be wall mounted has swayed me into buying a Berserker bio imminently.

... And i've still not forgiven you for running over scar _-_

After a rescheduled delivery AND a missed delivery attempt, HE'S HERE! :blissy

Here are some pics of it, with the helmet properly angled (like the other bios), instead of leaning "back". This was ridiculously simple, and I'll post picks of the adjustment soon.

Oh, and i've also included a pic to show that the chin is safely not touching after the adjustment. :yess:

Last edited:
After a rescheduled delivery AND a missed delivery attempt, HE'S HERE! :blissy

Here are some pics of it, with the helmet properly angled (like the other bios), instead of leaning "back". This was ridiculously simple, and I'll post picks of the adjustment soon.

Oh, and i've also included a pic to show that the chin is safely not touching after the adjustment. :yess:

Cool, glad to hear that it doesn't touch...I'd like to see that mod.

Tutorial please?

Its currently a "Franken-Fix" from my 'Crafting Toolbox of Doom' (tm), but here is how it is right now.

You'll need:

1 pipe coupler ( 1/2 diameter by 3/4 inch long )
Spoiler Spoiler:

1 rubber pad/stopper ( 1/4 thick by 3/4 diameter )
Spoiler Spoiler:

1 Ceramic Block Magnet ( 1in wide by 2in long 1/2in thick)
Spoiler Spoiler:

Some tape (painters or thin electrical)
Spoiler Spoiler:

(All available from your local Lowes/HomeDepot/etc)

You basically just tape them together to make a little "L" shaped ledge for the mask to sit on. Trim the rubber stopper if need be to make sure it doesnt stick out beyond the tube. And the magnets are crazy strong, so you dont have to worry about the mask falling off.

You can either affix it to the base or to the helmet with some of the electric (or painters) tape to keep them ON the base or mask, otherwise they'll slide/come off whenever you remove the mask. Adhering it to the base allows you to freely switch from desk to wall mount without undoing anything. Its currently not the prettiest solution, but its effective, un-obtrusive, and removable.

The mask now sits just under 17.25 tall (at the back) instead of 13.5.

I plan on refining/tweaking it and then making 4 for myself (one for each of the 'Predators' bios). :)

Last edited:
Patient prepared for semi-glossing...

*At Kaiju Customs we believe in increasing our patient's self confidence and satisfaction with their appearance. Our procedures are often performed on an out-patient basis with rapid turnarounds. "We know you're beautiful on the inside, let us make you beautiful on the outside!"* ;)

I hope that turns out. I don't know squat about painting but will the process leave edges where the tape ends on the Bio itself?

The thickness of the clear coat will likely not be enough to leave an edge...I like to to peel off the tape when the clear has not fully cured to allow any edge left to "lay down."

The thickness of the clear coat will likely not be enough to leave an edge...I like to to peel off the tape when the clear has not fully cured to allow any edge left to "lay down."

:lecture Exactly. :) (I wanted to keep those areas as flat/matte as possible)

Well, here are the pics (one is as a before/after). I also lightly liquid leafed some silver into the blast/scratch areas, as it made no sense for there to be silver "trails" but none "in" some of my "craters". :duh

I airbrushed satin in the recesses, then gloss over the rest, and then hi-gloss on the raised areas/checks/brows. Its really makes it have more depth and greater separation from the jaw as well. That being said, its really freaking hard to take pictures of it. :slap

Back