PREDATOR statue at my local bookstore

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaryCreature

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The guy who owns a local bookstore near me has this Predator statue in his store. He said that his wife bought it many years ago from the studio and that it actually appeared in one of the Predator movies as an "extra". It stands about 7 feet tall and is fairly well detailed (nowhere near the detail of the Sideshow Predators - of course), but still pretty cool. I thought I'd share him with you. Sorry for the lousy pics; they're from my cell phone. Enjoy:

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

That was never in the movie. Its not even an exact replica of the Winston monster....the guy was Bull^^^^ting you.

However, thats one kickass statue. I would love to own one.

I also like the base..."Do not touch the Predator!"

Made me laugh.

That was never in the movie. Its not even an exact replica of the Winston monster....
Well, I didn't know, I was just going by what he told me. Hope you enjoy it, though. It's cool when you walk in the store and there are several little kids standing around it looking scared.

And im telling you he's upping the story a bit. But regardless, that thing would be an amazing center piece. A good repaint would make it better though. Whats it made of? Rubber?

And im telling you he's upping the story a bit. But regardless, that thing would be an amazing center piece. A good repaint would make it better though. Whats it made of? Rubber?

lol i have to agree the head dont look right and it was no way in the movie

That was never in the movie. Its not even an exact replica of the Winston monster....the guy was Bull^^^^ting you.

Made me laugh.

lol i have to agree the head dont look right and it was no way in the movie

There is no way for you to know for certain... in a long-shot or background scene, you would never be able to tell the difference.

what is the address of the book store and what time to they close? also do they have an alarm or cameras? :monkey3

Isn't that the one made by Don Post Studios that was for sale a few years back? I can't remember the exact pose that it was in, but it was supposed to be directly from the movie molds. I only saw promotional images of that one, never saw any first hand pics.

It was made by Distortions Unlimited many years ago when they owned the rights. Some body parts of the display are from original molds but not the head. No were screen used or a double on set.

Made me laugh.

It should have said "Don't feed the Predator!" :D

It was made by Distortions Unlimited many years ago when they owned the rights. Some body parts of the display are from original molds but not the head. No were screen used or a double on set.

sounds about right :lecture head is awful but looks like a good novelty item to own :rock

Back