Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm half tempted just to let my order run now so that I can see it in person and then sell it on, or keep it if it surprises me.

I have figured out some of what has been bugging me however, I knew there was something but couldn't place my finger on it, or just didn't put much effort into finding it. Ultimately it is the usual suspect, the shape of the bio. I won't be specific as it will sound like another rant and I've done that enough in thread for the the frustrating P2 maquette... But that is it anyway.

I recommend you keep the order mate. I think this one will surprise us. As a major predator fan I am happy with the Bio sculpt. It's no Stan winston, but it certainly looks like the jungle hunter! It's also an artists interpretation while staying close to the original design. So personally I think this piece rocks and will look epic amongst the other bunch of LSB's!
753472f52086471942d39513e6c5b71f.jpg

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

It's also an artists interpretation while staying close to the original design.

Isn't that just another way of saying "close, but no cigar" I don't like that term myself, if it is Steve Wang doing the CM how he'd have liked to do the P1, that's cool, he's allowed to as it's his baby and he's Steve Wang. But otherwise we all know it should just be as close to the real thing as possible and that was probably the goal. This one is elongated, has narrow/deep cheeks and edges that are too sharp over all. It does look like a P1 though of course. I'd like to see it in person, but with the CC Arnie coming out around double the price that was hinted at, we'll see...

I agree with you mate, but given that it is I have to live with that. Lol! I look at this piece and don't feel any 'letdown' feelings like I do when I look at the dreaded P2 Maquette! I've done a picture with sideshows sculpt for the masked portrait form the Predator maquette and it's quite clear there are a lot of differences as the masked portrait from the maquette is one of my favourites to date!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

The new LSB mask looks very sharp in comparison so Python nailed it! The laser targeting system is also recessed on the maquette head as opposed to the LSB.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but the shape of the LSB mask looks like it has some Scar predator influence to it, especially at the "cheekbones", while the maquette looks like a dead ringer for the original Predator mask.

I agree with you mate, but given that it is I have to live with that. Lol! I look at this piece and don't feel any 'letdown' feelings like I do when I look at the dreaded P2 Maquette! I've done a picture with sideshows sculpt for the masked portrait form the Predator maquette and it's quite clear there are a lot of differences as the masked portrait from the maquette is one of my favourites to date!

I don't feel let down, I just think they could have been much better. I'm still hoping they will green light a masked P2 and really go all out to make it the best it can be. That could be insane if done right. I'm with you on the SWS Maquette also, imo that is the best predator head sculpt ever made and it is only 1/4!! Love that thing. I said I wouldn't go into it, but seeing as you've broken out the comparison pictures, here's a few I did comparing this to the real thing as best I could, I'm just trying to decide for myself tbh...

Pay attention to the angle of the top of the head (this doesn't curve around enough so looks to long/tall) The cheek areas are too deep with the wedge under the eye being far to thin. Also the mouth/snout area in particular has very harsh edges where the P1 was subtle and smooth. Finally the lenses really should be reflective (Dark silver plastic with a mesh pattern behind in this case) How long have we been asking for proper lenses on these things? Especially on the larger scale items such as this and the 1:1 bios. The SWS maquette has them at 1/4! They really make a world of difference. I wouldn't try to put you off of this at all, I had the same enthusiasm for the first P1 LSB even though it was far from perfect. I do like this, I just wish some predator things were a little more refined sometimes. Like everything else, this is easily close enough to pass as a Predator for most people I am sure, maybe we should just accept that is the aim these days... At least we have the P1 maquette to look up too..

bDN5TTy.png

oEiNapW.png

OXzcP4M.png

uJhrPls.png

This legendary bust makes me repenting not getting the HCG P1 bio bust early this year, when I came across one with remarkably low price.

I forgot to cancel again and it's too late now lol, Oh well, who needs money in the bank anyway ;) I Just noticed that the pictures have changed to what looks like a production piece. The weathering is much more simple than the prototype as expected, but it doesn't look bad. The box is cool.. There is a random dreadlock sweeping across the face now but it will probably just be on this example, also, the cannon isn't tracking where he's looking as the prototype was. Who ordered this one out of interest? I'm really hoping there is enough interest to justify a masked P2...

cwwD7Ob.jpg

aNuussJ.jpg

gnzoOKR.jpg

r3OsWbW.jpg

QGMAxiT.jpg

unxKhVR.jpg

N8tNJdL.jpg

qIVU781.jpg

GKiPzLI.jpg

ikRRmoT.jpg

i1Vibkr.jpg

E2h8m0n.jpg

XypJGmC.jpg

Thanks for sharing the new pictures Python! I have to say I'm happy. Can't wait to receive this piece! I've got the exclusive too ;) I quite like the sweeping dread over the mask.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Thanks for sharing the new pictures Python! I have to say I'm happy. Can't wait to receive this piece! I've got the exclusive too ;) I quite like the sweeping dread over the mask.

Can't say I do, it's almost defying gravity, but a quick blast with a hair dryer might loosen it up enough to be re-positioned if they all look like that... Which they probably won't.

Back