Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping my order. The only part that really bothers me is that the cannon isn't pointed where he's looking, but I can live with it.

. . . I Just noticed that the pictures have changed to what looks like a production piece . . . .There is a random dreadlock sweeping across the face now but it will probably just be on this example, also, the cannon isn't tracking where he's looking as the prototype was. Who ordered this one out of interest? I'm really hoping there is enough interest to justify a masked P2 . . .

If they are all like that, mine will be going back, and Sideshow will be 4/4 for Pred LSB screw-up on delivery.

Maybe the cannon is push-fit and can be rotated?

That dred is REALLY annoying - it's like the goofy teeth on the unmasked :slap

If in-hand pics are satisfying, I'll throw him into the maybe pile for next year. I'm tapped for 2015, so I hope he holds out. The change in the cannon position is odd, and the weathering definitely took a dive, but I kind alike the dread crossing his face. Makes it look like maybe he just turned his head after noticing something? Adds at least some dynamism.

Maybe the canon neck is articulated?

I do miss the weathering on the helmet and armor, but it still looks decent. Could've been worse. Not a fan of that sweeping dread though and it's not because it defies gravity. What bothers me is that it covers the side of the helmet and looks aesthetically awkward when you look at it from the very front. In 2D art this would be a bad tangent. I guess you could rotate the piece to fix it, but even so it bugs me.

Probably going to keep my order nonetheless. It's a nice, unique piece that could've turned out much worse and I'm sure it will increase in price once sold out. Not that I think it deserves to, but Sideshow merchandise based on the first two Predator designs, no matter how inaccurate, always seems to appreciate in time. I'd rather get it now for MSRP than pay far more than it's worth later on.

I ordered and got my charging soon alert. I'll post pics whenever I get it, but I doubt it'll be next week.

Maybe the canon neck is articulated?

I do miss the weathering on the helmet and armor, but it still looks decent. Could've been worse. Not a fan of that sweeping dread though and it's not because it defies gravity. What bothers me is that it covers the side of the helmet and looks aesthetically awkward when you look at it from the very front. In 2D art this would be a bad tangent. I guess you could rotate the piece to fix it, but even so it bugs me.

Probably going to keep my order nonetheless. It's a nice, unique piece that could've turned out much worse and I'm sure it will increase in price once sold out. Not that I think it deserves to, but Sideshow merchandise based on the first two Predator designs, no matter how inaccurate, always seems to appreciate in time. I'd rather get it now for MSRP than pay far more than it's worth later on.

No one's getting their money back on the P1 & 2 Bios.
This will probably be the same with the Reg having no ES.

Anyway, Statues/Busts aren't the best way to 'invest' your money.

Thanks for the new pics. I was planning on keeping my EX but now not sure.. why did they have to change the cannon? Sigh..

Thanks for the new pics. I was planning on keeping my EX but now not sure.. why did they have to change the cannon? Sigh..

They didn't intentionally change it, it's just poor construction via the factory. Or if we're very lucky, it may be articulated and hasn't been positioned correctly by the photographer.

That dread is very annoying. I get the effect of him turning his head, but when compared to the other dreads, they sit as if he is still. Hopefully the cannon could change positions, but I think we would have caught something from Sideshow if they changed it.

No one's getting their money back on the P1 & 2 Bios.
This will probably be the same with the Reg having no ES.

Anyway, Statues/Busts aren't the best way to 'invest' your money.

Good point. The other LSBs did fairly well. The 1/4 P1 as well, not that I can see why. Granted, it took a few years for those things to happen.

I don't know what to truly call the "weathering" on the Bio cause it looks like random silver lines on the border of it. The sculpt ain't bad, but could use some good customizing for sure. The paint looks horrid imo. Waaaaaay off from the proto

Good point. The other LSBs did fairly well. The 1/4 P1 as well, not that I can see why. Granted, it took a few years for those things to happen.

The 1/4 maquette is made by Stan Winston studios, it is superb and is considered a grail piece. I really like the LSB line, but aside from the savage edition P2 which was limited to 100 pieces, they have never really risen in value. This one has a regular version with an open ES which will only damage the value, it certainly isn't a safe bet for the flippers out there.

I don't know what to truly call the "weathering" on the Bio cause it looks like random silver lines on the border of it. The sculpt ain't bad, but could use some good customizing for sure. The paint looks horrid imo. Waaaaaay off from the proto

What did you expect, have you ever seen good weathering on a sideshow production piece? I haven't. This is pretty much what I expected paint wise, not great, but not awful imo. It's just a basic black wash, but I'll reserve judgment until it turns up of course..

if I was paying $400+ for it, yes I'd expect close to the proto. Of course I knew it'd look like that, which is why I didn't order it lol. Maybe if I could get a damaged one under $300, I'd just send it to Dunaway for a full makeover. It may be possible given the regular is open ES.

if I was paying $400+ for it, yes I'd expect close to the proto. Of course I knew it'd look like that, which is why I didn't order it lol. Maybe if I could get a damaged one under $300, I'd just send it to Dunaway for a full makeover. It may be possible given the regular is open ES.

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the production pics.

Sorry, not sure how, but I made a mistake yesterday, it was my Boba Fett PF penultimate payment that went out, not this. This is being charged on Friday, but I think I'm going to keep it regardless because I'm a rebel.. :wacky And maybe it will help fund a masked P2.

Back