Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this was a strange one, I presume they cut it off very low, but they could make more again at any time being open ES...

I'd welcome a new batch so I could get one. I much prefer the masked version to the unmasked. It'd be nice if they did a masked p2 lsb in the future since p1 got that treatment.

Yeah, this was a strange one, I presume they cut it off very low, but they could make more again at any time being open ES...

if they are going to bring back an OE Pred piece, Wolf LSF will bring in a lot more orders than this.

Depends what the margins were first time around I suppose, and if they negotiated a price for future runs at the time this was first produced. Packaging should be fairly simple to sort out for a company like Sideshow. If they did release Wolf again at the same price, I'd bite I think. It's crazy money when you think about it, but having seen it in person since (all be it a slightly repainted one with leg netting removed) I'd love one...

they could not include the inaccurate mask sculpt and I'd still pay that price to reacquire it if packaging was better and the netting wasn't on the legs.

I'd definitely want the masked head personally, although I agree it was a weak aspect of the statue. It was however ADI that sculpted it I believe, mask and all.

I believe ADI props and material were used as reference, but not sculpted by anyone who works for them. It was defn the weakest part of the statue when I had it.

I believe ADI props and material were used as reference, but not sculpted by anyone who works for them. It was defn the weakest part of the statue when I had it.

From the horses mouth, seems they did it in house.

"We've had a long and successful association with Sideshow Collectibles and this is the best of the best. When we were invited to capture the "Wolf" Predator from AVP:R, we brought everything to the table: action to the pose, same artists from the film to create the master sculpts, exacting scaled details, even threw in an Alien victim! Detail of both sculpt and paint finish have translated well into the production run. Please check out the art here and at Sideshow Collectibles"

Complaints and silly leg netting aside, it was an awesome statue imo. The price with an open ES was mad which is why I didn't buy one at the time, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I wonder if they look at it that way or if they're satisfied with the way it came out. It sounds like that statement they made was after the production. Therefore they must not see it as "botched" or whatever else you might want to call it.

So I got this bust for nearly retail. Beautiful and thankfully flawless - the only thing that bugs me is the flimsy base of the blaster. There's a hole and a peg but the gun won't go all the way down in it, since the left cable touches one of the dreadlocks.

How much does this thing weigh? Is the 15lbs on SS site correct? I'm kindanworried if its ok to display this on top of a Detolf...

DSC_2397.jpg

Anyone selling one of these for not an outrageous ebay price?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

well, I have a fully repainted one from Raf with a blue LED in the cannon (wire needs to be re-soldered) if your interested. Obviously would be more than retail...

Back