Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of where the best reference pics are for Predator 1? I would like to pain the helmet as close as possible to the film.

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/predator-movie-making-the-predator#

predator-040.jpeg

Does anyone know of where the best reference pics are for Predator 1? I would like to pain the helmet as close as possible to the film.

It went through various phases, but the one Col posted above is a nice example, and the kind of look I'd go for with regards to the amount of weathering personally with this, here are a few more though..

M8WITk1.jpg

ku8k8Xu.jpg

aXCEy1r.jpg

A6JZhgE.jpg

Bigbadtoystore is one of the best shipper I have ever dealt with.

Yeah they are great. Im more worried about FedEx. I worry when I order stuff because the package handlers around here are savages sometimes. Ive gotten a couple of packages that looked like they were handled by Taz the Tasmanian Devil.

Just got mine in tonight. A waitlist conversion on an EX and its damaged. :( one of the dreds snapped off and the base where one of the permanent dreds inserts into head is cracked and the whole piece is loose. I'll be sending pics to Sideshow tomorrow morning for either a replacement (which I doubt they have) or a refund. I'm really disappointed. I think it looks fantastic.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I know this has been brought up before, but for accuracy, weren't the actual bio lenses reflective black, but they just looked kinda chrome in some scenes? I know a lot of previous manufacturers made the P1 Bio with chrome lenses, but I think every close up shot of the Bio looks to be black lenses. Or is it the other way around, they were chrome, but looked black? I can't remember....

After taking more pics with a better camera, it looks like the damage is worse than originally thought. It looks like the dreds below the cracked ones are not even seated properly in the head. Would have been nice for them to produce the dreds like in the original for more flexibility and not poly. Oh well. Waiting on Sideshow's response.

PredatorBustdamage2.jpg
PredatorBustdamage3.jpg
PredatorBustDamage6.jpg

Yeah that sucks, get right onto them, they should have some put aside for replacements. We haven't seen many with issues fortunately so you might be okay for a replacement.

I know this has been brought up before, but for accuracy, weren't the actual bio lenses reflective black, but they just looked kinda chrome in some scenes? I know a lot of previous manufacturers made the P1 Bio with chrome lenses, but I think every close up shot of the Bio looks to be black lenses. Or is it the other way around, they were chrome, but looked black? I can't remember....

Hmmm. Not sure about that. I'll have to do more reference image digging. I always thought they were a dark chrome, but now that you mention it...

It just had me thinking why a lot of companies did chrome lenses. HCG did chrome, SS did chrome on the old SWS maquette as well, but a lot images look more black cause I will either be going black or chrome for my lenses on this bust. I'm not sure. Winston obviously never felt the need to tell any of those companies the lenses were anything other than chrome, so.......

It just had me thinking why a lot of companies did chrome lenses. HCG did chrome, SS did chrome on the old SWS maquette as well, but a lot images look more black cause I will either be going black or chrome for my lenses on this bust. I'm not sure. Winston obviously never felt the need to tell any of those companies the lenses were anything other than chrome, so.......

Well he likely personally approved the SWS maquette and the HCG bio so I'd say chrome :) plus the mesh over the top may give it the black look

i can't tell if any of the bios on the last page have a mesh on top, but it would make sense. I doubt my artist will be able to find mesh to go on top of the chrome, but we will see what he can work up when he gets to it. I was leaning towards the chrome just cause of those previous Winston products, but I wasn't sure how accurate it was.

Back