Predator announced for Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the argument about paying so much money, but your paying for the quality really. Thank god the format war is over and we know what to expect as the standard in formats now, me ill buy this for sure!

$40, $28... the writers will still only see 4 cents of that to split between them. Before taxes.

lame... this is why i hate blu ray. too dam expensive. $40?? with no new special features??

Okay, this isn't aimed at Wook ... more at all the people complaining. But, some of you guys don't seem to get how DVDs/Blu-Rays are marketed. This announcement is just to get the word out that it's coming. Then, probably between 2 to 4 weeks before release, they will announce the special features. Trust me, it will at least have the Special Features from the 2 disc DVD special edition they did a few years back. I doubt there will be much new stuff since ARNold is still distancing himself from his acting career (while attacking violent video games ... no hypocrisy there ... no none at all ...). But, it WILL have special features.

As for price, no major store will try to sell it for MSRP. For example, take AVPR -
https://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdsearch2

MSRP is 39.99, but just like this pre-release, most store will sell it for 25 to 30. Predator will follow the same pattern. Heck, if the release dates match up - which they seem to be from preliminary announcements, I would be willing to be stores like Best Buy offer a deal for purchasing both at the same time.When I bought Serenity on HD-DVD at release, it cost me 25 dollars. So I don't see how Blu is hitting your pockets any more than HD-DVD. Wait 2 to 6 months and it too will be 19.95 like Serenity on HD-DVD.

P.S. Is it just me, or aren't most of the complaints coming from the HD-DVD zealots? Stop panicking Chicken Little, the HD-DVD balloon bursting was loud, but it wasn't the sky falling ....

Review of the Region B Predator Blue Ray

Predator Blue Ray

Predator arrives with an MPEG-2 encoded 1.85:1 transfer (1080p). My first thought as the opening Fox logo appeared on-screen was 'oh my God'—the word grainy doesn't do it justice. As the film progressed my initial suspicions that the this Blu-ray release came from the same master as the older DVD releases was pretty much confirmed.

The only bonus material on offer comes in the form of a series of trailers, for Predator itself, Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes remake and Eragon. It's hardly much to excited about.

:monkey2

Review of the Region B Predator Blue Ray

Predator Blue Ray

Predator arrives with an MPEG-2 encoded 1.85:1 transfer (1080p). My first thought as the opening Fox logo appeared on-screen was 'oh my God'—the word grainy doesn't do it justice. As the film progressed my initial suspicions that the this Blu-ray release came from the same master as the older DVD releases was pretty much confirmed.

The only bonus material on offer comes in the form of a series of trailers, for Predator itself, Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes remake and Eragon. It's hardly much to excited about.

:monkey2

I hate reviews myself. I posted these a few weeks ago in the Blu vs. HD-DVD thread... click the link below. The ones that initially load are DVD quality, then when you roll over them (wait for the whole page to load), you get the Blu-ray region B (from your review) screen caps. Note the differences in color, in black, and in sharpness. I think it's fair to say that this movie will kick ass in HD.

https://web12.dvd2web.de/hd_pred/hd_pred.htm

:cool:

My DVD version is not that blurry,that looks more like a vhs.lol

:rotfl

Predator huh. Regardless of quality, this film is on cable tv more often than Law and Order. Why buy?

Back