Predator announced for Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSC_Nerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Fox/Disc_Announcements/Fox_Preps_Predator_Blu-ray/1355

In an early announce to retailers, Fox has set an April Blu-ray debut for the Arnold Schwarzenegger classic 'Predator.'

One of the "monster" franchises of the '80s (along with the 'Alien' series), the original 'Predator' has long been on the wishlish of early adopters for high-def release. Now Fox has heeded the call to hunt, setting an April 15 street date for the Blu-ray.

With a full press announcement still due in the coming days, there are no supplemental details yet available, but we'll keep you posted.

Tech specs are set to include 1080p video and audio flavors in DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround and Dolby Digital 4.0 Surround, plus a French Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo dub.

Retail for the Blu-ray is $39.98.

I was excited about this announcement until it got to the price. I just can't see paying $40.00 for a movie $25 is pushing it for me.

This is AWESOME!! I was so hoping that they would announce this at CES and no it is official!!

APRIL 15th couldnt get here faster!!

I was excited about this announcement until it got to the price. I just can't see paying $40.00 for a movie $25 is pushing it for me.

$40 is the MSRP for the disc but I know for a fact that all movies on Amazon that retail for $40 MSRP are sold for $27.95

$27.95 is still too much for a movie but for PREDATOR I can instantly make that exception

"Buncha Slack Jawed ******* around here, Blu-Ray will make you god damn Sexual Tyrannosaurus" :rock

I was just watching this on my PSP today wondering about a Blu release and Bam!! :rock

I'm gonna have me some fun...I'm gonna have me some fun...:D

hairlesswookie said:
lame... this is why i hate blu ray. too dam expensive. $40?? with no new special features??
I have never really been any where that sells movies at there MSRP. I have bought several new release BD that you see with MSRP of $39.99 for more like $25-$30. Wal Mart is always much cheaper. I dont see the big fuss.

lame... this is why i hate blu ray. too dam expensive. $40?? with no new special features??

I don't understand the complaints. We pay sometimes $150.00 for a figure that represents a character in a movie. Sometimes more depending on the figure and of course sometimes less. Why should owning the actual movie be dirt cheap? I don't think $40 is a bad price for a movie you love. Notice I said love. I personally wouldn't and don't buy any movie unless I love it.

I don't understand the complaints. We pay sometimes $150.00 for a figure that represents a character in a movie. Sometimes more depending on the figure and of course sometimes less. Why should owning the actual movie be dirt cheap? I don't think $40 is a bad price for a movie you love. Notice I said love. I personally wouldn't and don't buy any movie unless I love it.

apples and oranges.... limited collectible figures vs. mass-produced disc with nothing more than the regular dvd.

Back