Blu-Ray and Surround Sound help needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering on surround sound set ups do the voices come out of the rear speakers or just the front? I will be upgrading to Blue-ray soon also. When l hooked my last dvd player up to my surround sound only the music came form the rear speakers not the voices, and l don't really like that, is that standard or can it be adjusted.

I was wondering on surround sound set ups do the voices come out of the rear speakers or just the front? I will be upgrading to Blue-ray soon also. When l hooked my last dvd player up to my surround sound only the music came form the rear speakers not the voices, and l don't really like that, is that standard or can it be adjusted.

Surround speakers a purely for sound fx and the center speaker is for voice/dialogue only. If you have voice coming from any other speaker
then your surround is set up wrong..

The normal voice track comes from the center channel - however, you will get voices on the surrounds from crowds or in special situations where the positional nature of the voice is important.

Nothing improves the overall experience of a movie than great sound.

Back