PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections: Pics & General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections

Newborn
It ain't for everyone, but I like it. About the only thing memorable from that film for me. Anyway, I couldn't find too many larger scale figures of it, so went ahead and ordered the Tsukuda Hobby 1/5 Newborn. Looks the most accurate of the figures I could find. And it still holds up despite being released some 20 years ago...
View attachment 338536
This isn't my pic as mine's on its way, and I probably should've asked earlier, but does anyone have this? If so, what are your thoughts, and do you have any pics?

I own this figure, you can pick it up real cheap on ebay. I got mine shipped from Japan for about $110.00 USD not too bad. It is an awsome figure for such an awful movie but Alien Resurrection has a soft spot in my heart. I love the design of the Alien Newborn! It is one of my favirote designs next to Big Chap. Here is a pic of mine, this figure gives me the creeps!! The Paint app is decent the fugure is pretty well built. If you can find someone to paint this it would be awsome. Pick this figure up you won't regret it!

View attachment 340230

I own this figure, you can pick it up real cheap on ebay. I got mine shipped from Japan for about $110.00 USD not too bad. It is an awsome figure for such an awful movie but Alien Resurrection has a soft spot in my heart. I love the design of the Alien Newborn! It is one of my favirote designs next to Big Chap. Here is a pic of mine, this figure gives me the creeps!! The Paint app is decent the fugure is pretty well built. If you can find someone to paint this it would be awsome. Pick this figure up you won't regret it.

You and me both, my man. I ordered it last week and expect it to arrive any day now. Really looking forward to this wildcard of a figure. They nailed the cute fućked up-ness and underlying terror of its face quite nicely. And the details on it, especially for being 20 years old, are impressive. Can only imagine how good it'd look with a custom paint job. Either way, it is the most accurate figure (not sculpture) I could find of the Newborn. Feel free to post more pics if you have a minute or two. Maybe with 1/6 scale-ers in the shot.

DatPole.jpg

Dat pole!

56a6c563f84a9975595d21e366586e95.jpg
1a202a24cf3cf6b41490185133707851.jpg
4b2f9c10c2bdfe00a93dc3fc52460edd.jpg
cdfaa395cfe6b6d199c526b433acc72c.jpg

So I tried to upload the video of this baby that I'm working on.. it's entirely sculpted by me and used the mandibles of a shadow predator.. opinions?? Please follow me on Instagram if ur not yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's is amazing Danos I can already fill the chills of a crazy bad blood predator after me! hope you upload it in YouTube I'm subscribed to you.

That's is amazing Danos I can already fill the chills of a crazy bad blood predator after me! hope you upload it in YouTube I'm subscribed to you.

Thank u, I will when he's done!! I uploaded a lil video of the head

Thank u, I will when he's done!! I uploaded a lil video of the head

Oh perfect I don't have notifications turned on for any videos anymore cause boy that got out of hand one day and annoyed me to no end! I'll take a look can't wait to see fully finished product!

Oh perfect I don't have notifications turned on for any videos anymore cause boy that got out of hand one day and annoyed me to no end! I'll take a look can't wait to see fully finished product!

Barely post vids on YouTube.. although it had over 29000 views on Instagram

Oh no I meant in general that I'm subscribed to. That is true about you so I'll turn alerts on for yours.

Could you tell me what kind of paint did you use for the eyes? I wanted to color my city Hunter's eyes a different color but I have acrylic and that doesn't look like it'll give a glossy look for eyes.

Kenner released their first line of ALIENS figures in 1992.

I was a Freshman in high school. I wasn't supposed to like that kind of thing anymore. But I was still reading toy magazines (this was before the internet after all) and a time when it was NOT acceptable to be a nerd or geek yet. I saw the Aliens figures and I had always wanted just a generic Alien figure.

I believe I found mine at a KayBee in the mall during a road trip to go see my grandmother. I was red-faced buying it, but I was so excited to have the Scorpion Alien, the only one in the line that really looked kinda like the movie counterpart. And he blew up and had gross internal organs! And a facehugger! I was thrilled. I never bothered with any of the others....

Until...

A few years later a different KayBee I saw something I couldn't believe. Aliens vs Predator. Just like they looked in the movie. Predator even had a removable mask. I didn't have any cash, but my old man bought it for me anyway. Now I was even more red-faced. My dad buying me a toy when I was 17. Still, it was really touching to me that he did that for me, and those figures have always been special to me for that reason along with just how cool they were. So for years, this was my entire Aliens and Predator collection: the Kenner original movie alien...the pseudo-ALIENS Alien, and the Jungle Hunter Predator.

kenner4.jpg

Years later tons of companies made updates and more movie accurate too. I had the Movie Maniacs McF vs set. But I was bummed by no face mask for the Predator. I eventually sold it on ebay but kinda wish I still had that awesome light up base.

And then NECA started putting out amazing toys. I never knew which ones to get, cause I wanted the closest representation of my awesome Kenner 2-pack. And then BOOM. They delivered. Alien with the solid black dome. Predator with removable mask via interchangeable head. No, the colors aren't movie accurate. But the sculpts are amazing and it hits all my nostalgia buttons. And I threw in an updated NECA ALIENS Warrior to represent my old Scorpion Alien.

Photo-0016.jpg

My old Kenner figures are safe in a box back at my parents' place and the updated figures on proudly displayed in my room here with me. I know this might be the smallest "collection" in this thread, but it's all I'll ever need. I love all these guys...the new ones and the old ones!

Its not a collection but this seems a good place to post alien and predator stuff that doesn’t have its own thread.

C_eJ3zFWAAAwwGr.jpg

A huge improvement over the older AvP stuff hot toys released. The Chestburster takes a little work as the magnets on mine don’t seem to hold that well but over all a cool little figure.

Its not a collection but this seems a good place to post alien and predator stuff that doesn’t have its own thread.
i thought it doesn't have its own thread because everybody hates them, because that's what HT gives us instead of proper Aliens stuff? :dunno

i thought it doesn't have its own thread because everybody hates them, because that's what HT gives us instead of proper Aliens stuff? :dunno

OMG!
LOL! Too funny! :rotfl

New display solution up and running. Bestå + Glassvik doors + Philips Hue Lightrips running right around the inside rim. Dustproofed with adhesive weather strips. Next up is the Detolf exodus, and then opening up the new figures. In the meantime it was inaugurated with the Tsukuda Newborn. Pretty impressive figure for being 20 years old.
View attachment 342952
View attachment 342953
View attachment 342954
View attachment 342955
View attachment 342956

Detolf lighting looks very cool..

Looks great!!!

Thanks my man. I've longed for the moment of actually getting back to the figures — the whole display hunting, dust-proofing and set-up thing has been an ordeal. And I'm not overly content, but at least they're all in one place. Which is a big factor for me.

How's your collection getting along? Did you decide on the Predators trio? Post pics of re-poses, additions or anything and everything.

Meanwhile, my hunt for a Dog Alien goes on. Did you treat yours with anything for rubber longevity?

Detolf lighting looks very cool..

I actually have the Tsukuda resurrection warrior. Awesome figure, but annoying because the vinyl can easily be manipulated by its own weight.

Back