PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections: Pics & General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator, Alien & Prometheus collection pics

while i unexpectedly liked the predalien design and still think it was the only good thing ADI ever did for movies, Hot Toys variant didn't catch it at all, as usual :(

What'd they miss? The film is so dark everything from the head down is close to a mystery. That said I haven't researched the BTS material. Do you have one? If so, feel free to 'P.analyse' it*.

*With comparison pics of course.

What'd they miss?
overall shape, proportions, face shape and of course color scheme. as usual with HT aliens.
compare this toy face (a beautifully done photo though) to a movie creature.

Predalien010.jpg

content_predalien-blog-2_1.jpg

avprpredaliensculptheadoso.jpg

avprpredalienst.jpg

avprpredalientestoos.jpg

content_predalien-blog-7.jpg

latest

or body.

content_predalien-blog-6.jpg

HT_AVPR_PREDALIEN_07.JPG

while body shape is debatable (more humanoid in the movie due to a human inside, strong and massive versus monkey-shaped, chicken-breast on a toy), the head and face are way, way off, ugly laughing clown instead of an intimidating creature with giant head, small face and shepherd dog warning growling grin.
oh and yes, too small as usual with Tsang's creatures.

and those plague marks... terrible.

if i had money, i'd get a Sideshow statue. it at least keeps the overall image on a high level, though of course might be as well inaccurate in terms of shapes, colors, proportions (blob forehead for example).

PredalienbustandMaq.jpg

PAM1.jpg

PAM3.jpg

though no, i'd never get a sideshow statue due to their painting quality of a $200 figure.

and no i won't make "comparison analysing posts" :) it demands lots of energy i don't possess and ends with yawning responds or negative reactions.

and no i won't make "comparison analysing posts" :) it demands lots of energy and ends with yawning responds or negative reactions.

You just did and it was much appreciated. It's not as off as I'd thought it'd be, given it's almost a decade old now. I'd be okay with giving up some accuracy in order to have poseability. Much like Predators and Aliens.

oh, you mean you're thinking about getting one? that's another question.
it's a standart Tsang "artistic license" when creatures look worse than movie variants (except for Scar/Celtic/other variant faces where it turned out better than movie silly face), but as it's the only 1/6 variant, you'll just deal with it if you really need it. i just can't stand his moronic face, small head and turkey torso, as i liked the movie design specifically, not the idea of a creature itself.
it's on the same "off" level as his A1.

Agreed.
The paint application is what detracts from the figure most of all I think.
It's a large figure though. As tall as the Power Loader when fully upright. The sculpt is cool, but I have to use a stand with mine now. The weight has become too much for the joints over time.

It is one of the pieces in my collection that my guests pause at when looking at my display as a whole.

I need that predalien... damn... hoping for a Wolf 2.0, my current one is effin off.. and honestly.. wolf is a badass, the predalien was one of the few things I liked of ADI..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need that predalien...

Amen brother. My hunt has started.

Meanwhile, as I was googling Predalien pics, I found the album of one Jova Cheung https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=32508991%40N03&view_all=1&text=predator that contained some finely posed and shot pics of Neca's predalien and more. Don't know if he's on these forums, but man, if you are and are reading this; terrific stuff!

Some of the pics:
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 11.51.17 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 11.49.52 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 11.51.08 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 11.49.44 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 11.49.32 AM.jpg

wow he sure knows how to make a photo. :clap

Underrated figure, I must say. Need one, methinks.

FACEBOX, mate, do you have your q-scales displayed? Your pose-game makes one curious about them too.

FACEBOX, mate, do you have your q-scales displayed? Your pose-game makes one curious about them too.

Yeah... I have totally avoided anything AvP - I don't want figures from bad movies, so I stick to the originals... but, this one would be hard not to get if the right opportunity came up [emoji51]

I only have a few Q-scales. (I'll take some pix soon)
2 Terminator pieces (Enterbay BD T800 and Hot toys Endoskeleton), and the 2 Neca Aliens (Big Chap and Warrior).
I'd really like to get a 1:4 Dog Alien and Colonial Marine some day. :pray:

shot-05b-a.gif

Aliensdiorama027.jpg

Aliensdiorama046.jpg

DSC06838.jpg

DSC06832.jpg

Last edited:

Facebox, I remember back when the Predalien and Wolf figures came out. I saw your pics and couldn't wait to get mine in hand. I need to get my Hot Toys figures back, they look damn awesome and I miss seeing them in the displays.

019abe252c9f267c4179980fed168d24.jpg

I could say this is the last 1/4 scale P1 I do.. it is for the man himself, Kyle Windrix.. adding quills

Facebox, I remember back when the Predalien and Wolf figures came out. I saw your pics and couldn't wait to get mine in hand. I need to get my Hot Toys figures back, they look damn awesome and I miss seeing them in the displays.

It has been a while, hasn't it? :wink1:
What happened though? Did you sell yours? I'm thinking about selling mine.
I've got a "little one" on the way, and have been thinking about downsizing my collection. Baby stuff is already taking over the house.

That looks awesome Dano.
How on earth are you going to get the netting back on?

019abe252c9f267c4179980fed168d24.jpg

I could say this is the last 1/4 scale P1 I do.. it is for the man himself, Kyle Windrix.. adding quills

Awesome!

Kyle is such a cool guy.
Have you been in touch with him? I haven't heard from him in ages, was starting to wonder if everything's alright.

Awesome!

Kyle is such a cool guy.
Have you been in touch with him? I haven't heard from him in ages, was starting to wonder if everything's alright.

Yeah, I'm in touch with him.. he is indeed a great guy.. busy as hell tho.. he's been waiting for this mofo for over a year..

I didn't sell them, yet. I moved last year from Ohio to Alabama. And to cut down on costs of moving I opted to leave my entire figure collection at my parents' house. I always planned on going back and getting them, however with work and life I just haven't made the 16hr round trip to get them.

Congratulations on the kid, man! That's exciting stuff, be ready for the baby stuff to be all over the house :lol

I only have a few Q-scales. (I'll take some pix soon)
2 Terminator pieces (Enterbay BD T800 and Hot toys Endoskeleton), and the 2 Neca Aliens (Big Chap and Warrior).
I'd really like to get a 1:4 Dog Alien and Colonial Marine some day. :pray:

shot-05b-a.gif

Aliensdiorama027.jpg

Aliensdiorama046.jpg

DSC06838.jpg

DSC06832.jpg

Nice! Where did you get the 'dog burster'? I need it!

Back