Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, true. The customizing work might be a bit heavier than expected, but at this point I think it's safe to say HT will probably redo some of their older stuff in the next couple years. Just an idea for the impatient, is all :D.
i'm just not getting what HT's incentive would be to re-make the P2. they're big enough now to get just about any big $$ license they want. it's not like they're gonna run out of new stuff to make. they're better off making new lost clan preds while they still have the P2 license. that won't last forever either.

but i'd say NECA has a big incentive to make a 14" P2. they've said several times making a 19" version is way too expensive because of paint and accessories and a 14" version might be the best compromise.

i'm just not getting what HT's incentive would be to re-make the P2. they're big enough now to get just about any big $$ license they want. it's not like they're gonna run out of new stuff to make. they're better off making new lost clan preds while they still have the P2 license. that won't last forever either.

Sure, but by the same logic why make another OC Batman? Simple, its a guaranteed sell-out :lecture And what's even funnier is a lot of people that already own the older figure will still buy the new one. HT knows how to play us like a fiddle :lol

Man, I forgot about that one. I bet that's it now. We'll all be disappointed. :lol

I could be wrong... but I just don't see something like this going up with a lot of fanfair an enough warning to get lots of butts in seats for pre-order :lol

but i'd say NECA has a big incentive to make a 14" P2. they've said several times making a 19" version is way too expensive because of paint and accessories and a 14" version might be the best compromise.

Maybe not the P2 in particular, but definitely some of their older Predators or Aliens. They even stated in response to a question that specified AVP and the like that they would 'marry their new techniques' with those old designs, rather than a simple re-release. They added this was all still in the concept/planning stage, but at least we know they're preparing something.

The only reason so many of us assumed P2 would be among the first of the remakes is because they've already taken some steps towards perfecting their execution of Predators based on that design. New shin armor and other parts made to fit all on a new body. We're not saying anything is set in stone, it's just that they've put their foot down on the P2 starting line there. Whether they choose to deviate from it and do AVP first instead, time will tell.

Last edited:
Only the AVP Elder ever came with quills (if I'm correct?), and those were separate and you had to attach them yourself. It's not a hard thing to do, if it's that important to you.

:exactly: This figure isn't a big thing, without a mask??? without a wrist blades??? At least they have to put quills, T-rex skull, net launcher, more stuff... don't you think?

:exactly: This figure isn't a big thing, without a mask??? without a wrist blades??? At least they have to put quills, T-rex skull, net launcher, more stuff... don't you think?

Nah, I'm cool without tons of accessories or a mask. My Lost Pred is displayed mask-less without any accessories, because that's how he was in the movie. If the lack of mask and major armor keeps the price down some, that makes me happier :D

Sure, but by the same logic why make another OC Batman? Simple, its a guaranteed sell-out :lecture And what's even funnier is a lot of people that already own the older figure will still buy the new one. HT knows how to play us like a fiddle :lol
i'm not saying i wouldn't buy it, i would because i'm an idiot. but you really can't compare Batman to Predator. like, on anything. especially collectibles. anything that says 'Batman' on it is essentially a license to print money now. Predator... not so much. the only reason HT Predator figures sell out is because HT generally doesn't produce very many of them. compared to their big $$ licenses which get relatively huge production runs anyway.

I'm pretty sure eventually they will do it. There's still room for improvements.
Sure at first you'd hear lots of complaining but in the end many will be gratefull for the wonderful figures HT give us.

I dont. They got to many lines to redo old figures

Nah, I'm cool without tons of accessories or a mask. My Lost Pred is displayed mask-less without any accessories, because that's how he was in the movie. If the lack of mask and major armor keeps the price down some, that makes me happier :D

Yeah my lost too and you have a good ponit but, this figure will be "Exclusive" by toy fairs, and i think the price will be higher. :monkey2

Maybe not the P2 in particular, but definitely some of their older Predators or Aliens. They even stated in response to a question that specified AVP and the like that they would 'marry their new techniques' with those old designs, rather than a simple re-release. They added this was all still in the concept/planning stage, but at least we know they're preparing something.

The only reason so many of us assumed P2 would be among the first of the remakes is because they've already taken some steps towards perfecting their execution of Predators based on that design. New shin armor and other parts made to fit all on a new body. We're not saying anything is set in stone, it's just that they've put their foot down on the P2 starting line there. Whether they choose to deviate from it and do AVP first instead, time will tell.
oh sweet jesus. i really hope they have better things to do with their time and resources than fart out more AVP toys. there's already a ____ ton of merchandise from that as it is. i wish that movie would go away for good.

I don't think we would bother doing P2 at 14inches. P1 needs his fellow brothers to stand next to him at 19inches. Besides HT is going to redo their stuff at 13 inches and it looks like they know they should go back and make a better looking figure now. By the looks of this new body I can tell you Tsang really did do a very nice Kevin Peter Hall type of body. Some things are off a bit but all in all this looks way better to me and as a fan I'm hoping they go back and redo all the P1 and P2 stuff they did. I bet they know it will sell out fast. A new Elder like this will be great and those that have the original figures will still have a more fun articulated figure. Others like myself want a more accurate figure and to me this is more of what makes HT a great company because they will go back and try improving on their past work. I think our P2 would be great at 14 inches but I rather stay with 19 inches on our stuff and let HT be king at 1/6th. I love the feel of the Predators figures they did and getting P2 and P1 and heck even the Wolf in this new style would be great. I'm really looking forward to getting all the upcoming HT Predators. Hopefully we'll be making more 19inch Predators and P2 would be my next dream come true. For now I'm geeked up over this new HT Pred. Way to go HT and hopefully P1 and P2 won't be a very long wait.

Well, to anyone who's interested, glean from this what you will:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3458252&postcount=27

Look at the translation of Q2:

Q2. Like T1, is it possible we might see reissues of your older figures such as from AVP, Alien and Predator?

A. We don't have plans to simply re-release a figure. But recently started to consider the challenge of marrying previous characters with new techniques. We're still very much at the investigation stage, but next year, just as with terminator, there's a big possibility we might be revisiting characters and properties we haven't seen in a while.

All this from the 30th March 2011 (Vol. 5) copy of ASK Magazine.

And hey, it's not like the AVP Predators wouldn't look bad-ASS upgraded to today's standards. HT will probably keep the long and thick dreads (I hope), but sans the wires. Hence, thick-yet-nicely-hanging hair like that of their P2 figure, which I still maintain is the best dread job they've ever done. This is just me getting giddy over the article, but draw your own conclusions and take solace in the fact that HT's doing something potentially awesome.

I always thought that new licenses would be cool, of course. Still, what if they announced a remade P2 instead of a new 1/6 Matrix license? Dunno about you, but that sounds like a pretty fair trade (excluding the money you'd make selling off the old version within a few days of the announcement, just sayin' :D).

I don't think we would bother doing P2 at 14inches. P1 needs his fellow brothers to stand next to him at 19inches. Besides HT is going to redo their stuff at 13 inches and it looks like they know they should go back and make a better looking figure now. By the looks of this new body I can tell you Tsang really did do a very nice Kevin Peter Hall type of body. Some things are off a bit but all in all this looks way better to me and as a fan I'm hoping they go back and redo all the P1 and P2 stuff they did. I bet they know it will sell out fast. A new Elder like this will be great and those that have the original figures will still have a more fun articulated figure. Others like myself want a more accurate figure and to me this is more of what makes HT a great company because they will go back and try improving on their past work. I think our P2 would be great at 14 inches but I rather stay with 19 inches on our stuff and let HT be king at 1/6th. I love the feel of the Predators figures they did and getting P2 and P1 and heck even the Wolf in this new style would be great. I'm really looking forward to getting all the upcoming HT Predators. Hopefully we'll be making more 19inch Predators and P2 would be my next dream come true. For now I'm geeked up over this new HT Pred. Way to go HT and hopefully P1 and P2 won't be a very long wait.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture (would've put more, but I hit my max)

100% agree on erry'thing. Well said -- and to each at what they kick the most ass at. NECA's surprised us all with their 1/4 P1 and we can only hope they continue there. HT is also seeming to get on the road at perfecting what they do best, so perhaps we can finally get a bit closer to equilibrium and epicness at every scale for every pricepoint. It sounds like wishful thinking so early on, but dammit, I'm ready to get excited. 2011's going to be a hell of a year and 2012 only promises more much-needed excellence. Time to sit back, take a sip of a Pina Colada, and watch the magic unfold.

Last edited:
well that's fine. but i'm just going by what you guys have stated. and that is a 19" P2 would be too costly to make and sell. what i'm saying is, make it 14" instead and still have all the great detail of a larger scale figure without the added cost of making it 19".

also, i'd rather have a 19" Elder than a P2 anyway. and you guys already tooled up the P1 sculpt. just saying.

I'd love to see a new Alien and HT should take a look at all the new reference stuff that is out there and go make a new accurate Alien. I'd so love to be able to revisit that one. As for now this new Predator shows me how nice a new P1, P2 and the Elder could be by HT. I can wait to see the new HT P1. I love how our big P1 came out but I like buying other companies stuff when it's good and it looks like HT have stepped up the sculpting on this new Shadow Predator.

Eh, I'm not too big a fan of alcoholic beverages. I may partake in a small glass of champagne at special occasions, but even then it's hard to understand what's so appealing.

Soda all the way.

well that's fine. but i'm just going by what you guys have stated. and that is a 19" P2 would be too costly to make and sell. what i'm saying is, make it 14" instead and still have all the great detail of a larger scale figure without the added cost of making it 19".

also, i'd rather have a 19" Elder than a P2 anyway. and you guys already tooled up the P1 sculpt. just saying.

Even at 14 inches P2 will cost a lot and I'd think if we did it we would have to go for it and just go big. I want the Elder too but I want P2 more. The reason why is because the work sculpting on P2 was extreme and he needs all that detail shown off at the bigger scale. I'm looking over at the 19 inch P1 and can't help but think about the others standing next to him.

Eh, I'm not too big a fan of alcoholic beverages. I may partake in a small glass of champagne at special occasions, but even then it's hard to understand what's so appealing.

Soda all the way.

Beer- the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

~Homer J. Simpson

I'd love to see a new Alien and HT should take a look at all the new reference stuff that is out there and go make a new accurate Alien. I'd so love to be able to revisit that one. As for now this new Predator shows me how nice a new P1, P2 and the Elder could be by HT. I can wait to see the new HT P1. I love how our big P1 came out but I like buying other companies stuff when it's good and it looks like HT have stepped up the sculpting on this new Shadow Predator.
speaking of which, is there any chance there's gonna be another run of the helmeted 19" P1 with a corrected visor? or are we just kinda suck with it.
Even at 14 inches P2 will cost a lot and I'd think if we did it we would have to go for it and just go big. I want the Elder too but I want P2 more. The reason why is because the work sculpting on P2 was extreme and he needs all that detail shown off at the bigger scale. I'm looking over at the 19 inch P1 and can't help but think about the others standing next to him.
it still wouldn't cost as much as the HT figure and your sculpt is way better. excuses, excuses...

Back