Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... this is very interesting indeed. I'll likely be on a boat trip tomorrow (Italy vacation and all, so there's also a time difference ensuring I'm not too late). Gah, this is intense. If it's regular release which this calendar implies (though a newsletter later could prove me wrong), then perhaps it won't be too bad. I'll be sure to jump on the WL if I'm too late. Worked well enough for me last year.

That is, if this is the Shadow Predator.

I'd say it's only a matter of time until HT gets into remake territory. It may take a couple months to a couple years, but they're inching closer to it with each new release. And think about it this way: everyone's hoping for a DX P1, yet the P1 is still fairly recent. The AVP's and P2's are much more likely to be done sooner and the company has even hinted that they were looking to bring their new methods to older characters in a translated FAQ. Patience, my friend. Patience...

Yeah, I don't think its impossible. If they remake P2 city hunter and the P1 its basically just a kitbash for a 'remade' P2 Elder with a few added bits and details. Could happen.

That's what it said when MJ "beat it" from the 10th Anniversary was put on Sideshow last week, I think tommorrow we'll get either that Anime Friend figure or Scarecrow/Demon Batman.

Who knows, it could very well be. I'm just trying to keep everyone updated & ready in case it isn't. Hopefully they'll reveal something with tonight's newsletter.

I agree 100%. The SS website can not handle the large amount of
people that are trying to order the item. When I first got on their site to order the grey IM MKIV, I could not do anything until 25 minutes or so after the starting time. I was able to get one, but this is a Predator figure, and there are way more die hard Pred fans then die hard Iron Man fans. IMO

Actually the Secret Project Iron Man was not a PPO... and was probably the reason the site went down. They did change the site to a streamline order, but that was after it was completely jacked up.

It's been years since I had any difficulty with a PPO, but these going up at 10:00am w/the rest of the site still running usually add poorly.

Yeah, I don't think its impossible. If they remake P2 city hunter and the P1 its basically just a kitbash for a 'remade' P2 Elder with a few added bits and details. Could happen.

Heh, you could even customize the ideal P2 right now. We have a new body, we have reworked shin armor. Just slap on a repained P2 head, the chest, arm, and waist armor and you're good to go. Repainting the body might also be necessary, but it's pretty close already. Most of the work's already been done in that department.

Heh, you could even customize the ideal P2 right now. We have a new body, we have reworked shin armor. Just slap on a repained P2 head, the chest, arm, and waist armor and you're good to go. Repainting the body might also be necessary, but it's pretty close already. Most of the work's already been done in that department.

:exactly: That's exactly what I thought when I first saw this guy.

Now I can sell my custom made Predator 2 Snake version made by Nathan Eakins!
that's a one-of-a-kind piece of art. why would you sell it? i've had a couple commissions from him and they're staying in my collection.
yeah... i'm betting that won't work out the way you hope. the new body isn't nearly as scrawny as that old one is.

Actually the Secret Project Iron Man was not a PPO... and was probably the reason the site went down. They did change the site to a streamline order, but that was after it was completely jacked up.

It's been years since I had any difficulty with a PPO, but these going up at 10:00am w/the rest of the site still running usually add poorly.

Oh, I did not know that. Hopefully this will be a streamline order then.

yeah... i'm betting that won't work out the way you hope. the new body isn't nearly as scrawny as that old one is.

True, true. The customizing work might be a bit heavier than expected, but at this point I think it's safe to say HT will probably redo some of their older stuff in the next couple years. Just an idea for the impatient, is all :D.

Quills... where are the quills??? At least if don't have a mask, they have to put quills...

a fellow freak just posted a link to the sideshow site where it states a 12"hot toys figure will be up tomorrow?predator,batty?or i guess it could be another:dunno,but interesting and something to look for nonetheless:exactly:

Quills... where are the quills??? At least if don't have a mask, they have to put quills...

Only the AVP Elder ever came with quills (if I'm correct?), and those were separate and you had to attach them yourself. It's not a hard thing to do, if it's that important to you.

a fellow freak just posted a link to the sideshow site where it states a 12"hot toys figure will be up tomorrow?predator,batty?or i guess it could be another:dunno,but interesting and something to look for nonetheless:exactly:

If I were a betting man I would guess the City Hunter figure would go up tomorrow... I think we'll get more warning about these guys.

quills....

hpim6092.jpg

hpim6160.jpg

No doubt... Nathan is one of the best. Maybe I can flip this and buy Predatortje's :lol

Why someone would commission a piece and then sale it because a company mass produces the fig you have a custom of ...... I just don't get it??? I could see if times were tough and you have to make ends meet, but it's the owners business to do what they want.

Maybe if you get this and he doesn't, he'll trade you straight up :dunno

Back