Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed the color difference also, not a big deal though.

I personally think they should just redo all the older Predators.
I get the complainers, but there is a time when it just needs to be done. They have come a LONG way from then (body/head sculpt, paint, etc).

Tis time....

This has always been my favorite skull on the wall, so glad I might finally get it..

Do we know how much this guy is going to cost? Or do we just have these pretty pictures?

You don't want the T-Rex hybrid? If this is more than $210-220, they can count me out.

It's a shame that the one old-school Pred to have a good body is one that had 2 seconds of screen time. Will P1, P2, or Elder ever get the body treatment?

well I think the Classic will make up for the P1, but because HT is so busy with new characters, I don't see them ever going back to the older ones. We should just hope Neca makes them in 1/4

It's a shame that the one old-school Pred to have a good body is one that had 2 seconds of screen time. Will P1, P2, or Elder ever get the body treatment?
Stands to reason that they ain't doing this body just for a single con exclusive. And HT is not averse to updating characters with improved figures. I expect to see multiple Preds with this body, and since they've just about run out of on-screen versions to produce. . .re-releases of some sort seem likely. I guess the "Classic" Predator is most obvious, as he's from the recent film and HT has given hints about it. Apart from that, not so sure, but like I posted before, I think the original AVP Aliens could use an update, as could P2 "Short Bus" Predator. People seem to love Elder, and though I don't suppose he needs an update, he would sell. Not sure what else. I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise outside of the first film. Maybe there's another background P2 Predator?

on the plus side, you're probably gonna be getting some commissions to do that.

Oh, that had occured to me, especially since the heads so far have been fairly good. It's just the bodies that needed improvement. I wonder how previous armor might adapt to the body. It looks like the leg and arm armor is sculpted on this time.

Stands to reason that they ain't doing this body just for a single con exclusive. And HT is not averse to updating characters with improved figures. I expect to see multiple Preds with this body, and since they've just about run out of on-screen versions to produce. . .re-releases of some sort seem likely. I guess the "Classic" Predator is most obvious, as he's from the recent film and HT has given hints about it. Apart from that, not so sure, but like I posted before, I think the original AVP Aliens could use an update, as could P2 "Short Bus" Predator. People seem to love Elder, and though I don't suppose he needs an update, he would sell. Not sure what else. I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise outside of the first film. Maybe there's another background P2 Predator?

I would kill an entire room full of younglings for a new P2 City Hunter Predator. And though I know most of you guys detest the movie, I'd also like to see a new Wolf Pred as well.

I like the proportions on the body, too bad it'll be lacking a bit in articulation.
At any rate, I've zero interest in this figure, but if they update the P2 city hunter or make a new P1 I'll probably get them.

MAN! he look more like PREY than Predator ...who the hell can he kill with those weapons, OMG knife and spare.. kinda gay guys...can't keep on defending HT for all the BS they been putting out...just my 2 cents..

But it's not like HT made the character up at all. It appears that you're upset by the lack of accessories, which if that is the case then go complain to Stan Winston or Fox. Anyways, I'm bored so I'll reply to everything you said here:

MAN! he look more like PREY than Predator
I think everything is prey to something bigger, so yeah, through Berserker's eyes Snake probably is prey.
...who the hell can he kill with those weapons, OMG knife and spare..
What is a "spare?" Ignoring your really crappy spelling, people are killed with knives that are smaller than a machete, I think a Predator could kick ass with a machete. And a throwing disk is a killing machine, so I think he could kill a lot of things.
kinda gay guys
Gay? Happy or homosexual? Either way that makes very little sense.
...can't keep on defending HT for all the BS they been putting out...
No one is asking you to. If you don't like it, don't defend it, just don't buy it. That is a hard concept to grasp, I know.
just my 2 cents..
I am glad I read your two cents, and by now you have probably read my two cents. If you can't figure it out, this whole post is mine. Lastly, I think my two cents is worth more. Its like two really old pennies that are worth a fortune and yours is like two super shiny 2010 pennies.

EDIT: You put that HT wants to "farm us." How so? They want to gather their entire fan base and lock them away on a gigantic farm? That doesn't sound like good business at all. In fact it sounds like horrendous event that happened back in the mid nineteen hundreds.

Oh, that had occured to me, especially since the heads so far have been fairly good. It's just the bodies that needed improvement. I wonder how previous armor might adapt to the body. It looks like the leg and arm armor is sculpted on this time.
eh, the P1 head isn't so good, but at least they pretty much nailed the Elder. in any case, based on the pics so far, there's no way to swap the armor on this new body. your only hope is HT makes the Classic on it. i'm hoping his headsculpt is better too, but it might be possible to just repaint this one and swap the dreads and mandibles into a P1.

this could totally work for the P2 and most of the losties though. do it!

You mean the imaginary Berserker that's supposedly taller than Stan Winston Predators, right? Not the 6'10" Berserker from that piece of ____ Predators, right?

:lol:lol:lol

I was talking about in the movie realm, not in reality. :lol. If you meant reality, Snake probably would of seen the puny ass Predator and been pissed. :lol

.... kinda gay guys
Gay? Happy or homosexual? Either way that makes very little sense.

I know what you mean. Amazing and disappointing to find this attitude is still thought of as “acceptable to post” for some people. It was intended as an insult, and that says it all really :rolleyes:

This wee beastie is on my “definite possibles” list.

I think we ALL know where Hot Toys will likley next be using the new body :clap

EDIT: You put that HT wants to "farm us." How so? They want to gather their entire fan base and lock them away on a gigantic farm? That doesn't sound like good business at all. In fact it sounds like horrendous event that happened back in the mid nineteen hundreds.
i think that's what he thinks capitalism is. or something, who cares. in any case, he sounds like somebody who's been banned from here for trolling before.

I'll just say intersting. I mean he looks cool, but at the same time he does sort of look like a mish mash of random pred parts. Im curious how much hes going to sell for.

I'll just say intersting. I mean he looks cool, but at the same time he does sort of look like a mish mash of random pred parts. Im curious how much hes going to sell for.
well, that's because it is. in fact, that's what the actual prop costumes in the movie were too. so, i'm not getting what the issue is really.

Back