Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just arrived and I must say I am pretty impressed. Perhaps it's because this is my first piece. Perhaps it's just the excitement of finally getting this bust after months of anticipation. Whatever it is all I know is that I absolutely do not feel underwhelmed like the guy in the video posted above. I think the weight is fine. Sure it can be picked up relatively easy, but I still wouldn't consider it "light." Then again I don't have any other busts to compare it against so perhaps it is. In any event, you aren't going to knock this thing over by lightly bumping into it or something.

EDIT - In my excitement, I forgot to mention some of my observations about the bust. I think the paint overall is excellent. I don't see any obvious flaws. The dreads are rough, but we knew about that already. Some of the little metal rings in his dreads were bent pretty badly. The rings are easy to bend so it was no problem to bend them back into shape. I do have the crooked tooth on the bottom jaw. It doesn't bother me, but I could understand if it bothers others. It's beginning to look like that might be a common issue as we've seen it on many of the in-hand pics so far.

30suek5.jpg

The ECC busts weigh a ton. And no, I don't prefer that and it makes no difference to me as long as they aren't light enough to topple over.

Mine just arrived and I must say I am pretty impressed. Perhaps it's because this is my first piece. Perhaps it's just the excitement of finally getting this bust after months of anticipation. Whatever it is all I know is that I absolutely do not feel underwhelmed like the guy in the video posted above. I think the weight is fine. Sure it can be picked up relatively easy, but I still wouldn't consider it "light." Then again I don't have any other busts to compare it against so perhaps it is. In any event, you aren't going to knock this thing over by lightly bumping into it or something.

EDIT - In my excitement, I forgot to mention some of my observations about the bust. I think the paint overall is excellent. I don't see any obvious flaws. The dreads are rough, but we knew about that already. Some of the little metal rings in his dreads were bent pretty badly. The rings are easy to bend so it was no problem to bend them back into shape. I do have the crooked tooth on the bottom jaw. It doesn't bother me, but I could understand if it bothers others. It's beginning to look like that might be a common issue as we've seen it on many of the in-hand pics so far.

30suek5.jpg

Congratulations!!!!

Would you be able to measure the bust from very bottom of the base to the very top of his head?

Thank you!

Congratulations!!!!

Would you be able to measure the bust from very bottom of the base to the very top of his head?

Thank you!

It's hard for me to get a very accurate measurement given the shape of the thing and the tape measure I have. The highest point on the thing is pretty much in the dead center of the bust. That said, as best as I can tell it's about 25" (give or take a quarter inch) from base to highest point on his crown. I wouldn't advise buying or building any custom shelves or anything based on my measurements, though :p

It's hard for me to get a very accurate measurement given the shape of the thing and the tape measure I have. The highest point on the thing is pretty much in the dead center of the bust. That said, as best as I can tell it's about 25" (give or take a quarter inch) from base to highest point on his crown. I wouldn't advise buying or building any custom shelves or anything based on my measurements, though :p

Thank you, kind sir!

I will have to adjust my shelves about an inch or so. I have the PERFECT
spot for him.

Mine arrives on Wesnesday I can't wait!

Nice to see peoples pictures, I just cancelled mine with a very heavy heart. No real choice currently.

Oh crap.

Sorry mate. Hope that fella that Col, Hicks & others got theirs from gets some more in stock. Have you pinged him to suggest that? (he might agree there is an opportunity given people are backing out from Sideshow due to shipping costs).

If I remember right, you ended up with no P2 maquette as well due to damage? (that's not as big a loss though).

Oh crap.

Sorry mate. Hope that fella that Col, Hicks & others got theirs from gets some more in stock. Have you pinged him to suggest that? (he might agree there is an opportunity given people are backing out from Sideshow due to shipping costs).

If I remember right, you ended up with no P2 maquette as well due to damage? (that's not as big a loss though).

Thanks, I'm buying a new house soon, simply can't justify the huge chunk of money that my final payment ended up being. I think I'll just put the money towards the mortgage and accept this guy is beyond me. Maybe I'll get one down the line. Or maybe they'll do a masked version, I like my Predator bios. I had two crappy maquettes yeah. I actually liked it despite its massive flaws, it is also on my radar to be replaced if I find one for the right money down the line. Hope you enjoy this when it arrives, I look forward to your pictures.

Predator 2 has not been kind to Python. You should shun the movie.

***t happens ;)

I got mine today
Haven't opened him yet but first impression big and heavy
I like to do a video soon next to my other busts - my first Pred bust

f6c5e5ef2683cb62b2e963d696f65221.jpg

Did the mouth as well have to do the right eye and I'm happy with it. In regards to the weight It's a little bit lighter than the P1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back