Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brow line, serious nitpicking, but that tooth? Mine comes like that and it's going back.

Well it is possible that the predator didn't have regular visits to the dentist or have braces so I think it adds more realism to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just paid this off in full, I've not been excited or probably even purchased a collectible for probably around 2 years but I can't wait for this one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mine's now scheduled for Monday delivery - MUCH better than it coming tomorrow (too much going on tomorrow).

Mobsteel-FedEx-Truck-101-626x382.jpg

This video was posted to FB today. It's really surprising that the shipping costs are what they are considering this guy flips this thing around like it's a hollow piece of plastic.

It does look good though.

This video was posted to FB today. It's really surprising that the shipping costs are what they are considering this guy flips this thing around like it's a hollow piece of plastic.

It does look good though . . .

Thanks for the link - YouTube's infamous for it's moronic inline comments and this one doesn't disappoint - "not heavy enough" - LMAO.

You want it heavier - put a brick in it - WTH does WEIGHT have to do with it :lol

The guy who posted the video sounds like he didn't understand what he was buying and/or doesn't understand the intent of the piece (deliberate companion to the Sideshow bust). He also sounds thoroughly dejected.

As far as I'm concerned, this video confirmed it's exactly what I was hoping for. Amazing piece.

Actual shipping weight means nothing on a piece like this, size is what determines postage cost.

As for adding a brick, as usual HMS misses the point. 1:2 LSBs feel high quality due to the weight they have, a nice solid feel to them. These can't be totally solid or would weigh too much, but it is nice to have a big of heft to give a feeling of quality.

I only have one LSB and it's Neytiri. She's relatively light which makes it nice and easy if I need to move her around which I've done quite a bit, but she also feels solid enough that I don't worry about it ever getting knocked over or being too fragile.

I don't think I could easily flip her around like in that video though.

The weird thing about shipping nowadays is that I used to order exhausts for my cars and get them shipped across the country for free. It used to be, the larger the item the less you pay relatively. Now that seems to have flipped on its head in recent years. Or maybe it's just these PF and statue sized boxes fit right in between which makes them more expensive. Idk....

I only have one LSB and it's Neytiri. She's relatively light which makes it nice and easy if I need to move her around which I've done quite a bit, but she also feels solid enough that I don't worry about it ever getting knocked over or being too fragile.

I don't think I could easily flip her around like in that video though . . .

If this is like the Sideshow P1 1:1 bust they released 11 years back, a fair bit (if not most) of this will be fiberglass. The CoolProps site states it is a combo of FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) and cold cast resin. The result is increased strength & resilience, and it reduces the weight & therefore shipping costs.

The Predator LSB’s are all around the 20lb mark but are resin.

Not sure how much of the declared 41.5lb weight is item vs. box, but if it's comparable to the Sideshow piece then that's fine by me. The footprint & weight will make it perfect, and you won't knock it over (unless you're daft enough to put in on a pedestal) :)

I think some folks who haven't been collecting for so long may be disappointed with the weight, but for those who already have the Sideshow piece (or did their research), it's what it was always intended to be - the perfect matching companion.

Each to their own though.

. . . The weird thing about shipping nowadays is that I used to order exhausts for my cars and get them shipped across the country for free. It used to be, the larger the item the less you pay relatively. Now that seems to have flipped on its head in recent years. Or maybe it's just these PF and statue sized boxes fit right in between which makes them more expensive. Idk....

The FedEx calculators for dimensional weight are quite complex (and are in PDF form NOT interactive GUI) - but I think I read that "dimensional weight" came into being around 2011 as carriers needed a way of compensating for large light packages (amongst other things). Once you add in the increases in freight charges for EVERYTHING (another jump was apparently in Feb this year), I guess this is what we're stuck with.

I was reliably told that things like the Wolf 1:2 LSB will be minimum $90 USD shipping.

I've got four LSB's and they are all pretty light for their size. Patient zero almost feels like it's plastic and is ridiculously light but looks amazing so weight doesn't concern me at all.

sorry... there's a dimensional Canadian charge... :yess:

LOL.

Although - since ACTUAL weight contributes to dimensional charges - I believe the average Canadian would cost less to ship than the average American
eusa_think.gif
. . . in which case - you were right all-along! (* sort of *) :)

Back