Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Updated table below.

Based on posts here (and elsewhere) the preorders on this seem to be KILLING preorders on all the other 1:1 Coolprops pieces combined.

Not too shabby :)

Freaks%20log%20v09_zpsn5u7d5rz.jpg

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Updated table below.

Based on posts here (and elsewhere) the preorders on this seem to be KILLING preorders on all the other 1:1 Coolprops pieces combined.

Not too shabby :)

Freaks%20log%20v09_zpsn5u7d5rz.jpg

That's great! Maybe just maybe they would get enough momentum to do an elder predator?

Was thinking... If this indeed is the case. Then the Alien heads may end up a much smaller run if the ES is being set based on preorders. As a result they may end up quite scarce once they're no longer available.

Was thinking... If this indeed is the case. Then the Alien heads may end up a much smaller run if the ES is being set based on preorders. As a result they may end up quite scarce once they're no longer available.

That's true, but since I don't want them without the shoulders, I won't care if they only make 100.

It's similar to the Sideshow Wolf maquette that many people adore - I can't stand the pose or base (or inaccurate leg netting) so will never buy one.

I know there are some people that do like to own pieces just because they are rare, but that's not me, and I NEVER buy to flip - I buy because I like what I see enough to pay the asking price, and I know it will please me whenever I look at the piece.

The Alien heads are "meh" without the shoulders. CoolProps made a decision about production & cost and (I think) went the wrong way - understandable - but wrong.

Have to say though - I hope they sell like crazy - CoolProps are very brave entering this part of the market and I want them to be around for a LONG time.

Being rare in no way makes a bad collectible good, but it does make a good one even more desirable, and helps to justify the crazy prices we pay for this stuff as it allows us to convince ourselves they are worth more being genuinely collectible.

I'd love to see shoulders on the Aliens, but I simply don't have the room for so many 1:1 busts, especially busts of large creatures like the Aliens and Predators. The Alien heads suit my needs in that sense and I imagine many will be in the same situation. I'd buy them all if I could. The problem I have to over come is how to afford them... Hmmm.

I'm a bit worried about the shipment cost overseas for this P2 bust...if I remember correctly the shipment cost for the Berserker 1/1 bust was almost as much as the bust itself ($900)...the box may be a tad smaller but will be huge nontheless...I think it's the best move to order this locally,at least for us europeans...

Back