Statue Predator 2 - Elder Predator Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that here everybody has an opinion, but this looks horrible to you guys :?

20121212_162410.jpg

Like I said a pair of pages before, always the first pics are the worse (no offense)

I saw it today in person and it is amazing. Thecolors could have been a bit brighter but considering it is an old predator, the grey looks good. I loved the size and the proportions, much better than the Pred 1 statue.

I'll punch up the colors on mine when I get it and add a bit more gloss but in general it is a great piece...

I was also surprised to see how good the alien exclusive piece is. It is very detailed and compliments the statue well.

Cheers

I understand that here everybody has an opinion, but this looks horrible to you guys :?

Like I said a pair of pages before, always the first pics are the worse (no offense)

Then your more than welcome to come to my house with your expensive camera and flick away as much as you like.

Then your more than welcome to come to my house with your expensive camera and flick away as much as you like.

Lol please don't feel ashamed with my commentary :lol I was not refering to the ones from yours (that's why I used one for quality reference), I was refering to the flashy photos that several users have posted on the previous page. I'm more than thankful to you for posting these, they pushed me forward to order the thing.

The flash kills absolutely the paintjob on this kind of collectables, please guys turn it off :)

Lol please don't feel ashamed with my commentary :lol I was not refering to the ones from yours (that's why I used one for quality reference), I was refering to the flashy photos that several users have posted on the previous page. I'm more than thankful to you for posting these, they pushed me forward to order the thing.

The flash kills absolutely the paintjob on this kind of collectables, please guys turn it off :)

I hear you about the flash. :rotfl:rotfl
Hopefully you will be pleased with it. Like I said before it was a 50-50 shot with this. I was ready to send it to another Sideshow painter and have him re-paint it but I was pleased with it enough to keep it.

QRQbw.jpg

0n1wI.jpg
lpnMb.jpg

They actually come out about the same height:
jErg5.jpg
EFENB.jpg

P2 gets a slight boost in the base at the top:
YuXvO.jpg

HHgOO.jpg

Sword, pistol:

4YFm2.jpg

P7wHb.jpg
6Z8tP.jpg

I got mine yesterday and echo the comments of Fu - this piece is pretty incredible for the price. Is it in the same league as the 1/4 maquette? No. However, the sculpt is very tight, the paintwork is precise and the overall presence is outstanding. I do think the skin patterns on the torso could use a bit of pop - maybe some more detailed spotting and a bit of semigloss, but once you see the sculptural detai up close, you really get a sense of the care that went into the design. I especially like the fact that the teeth appear to be cast in a hard resin, which conveys detail outstandingly. Also, all of those head spikes are individually sculpted (though I think some might have been cast and added to the head in assembly).

I was basically done with SS except for the 1/4 (1/3?) Wolf, but I'm happy I picked this one up and thrilled to see the 1/5 Wolf when it ships.

1st of all its great pose.... main issue with this statue was about blade accuracy & Mandible ring which is solved by SS .......

I didn't realize that I needed permission to give an opinion. Looks like crap, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

lol about permission ..... but its not crap for sure its looking really worth statue........ SS do listen to the collectors as they made changes

magnet used or pegs?? do u have pics of statue in styrofoam

I cannot compete with Al's photographic skills (dude - s'bin a while! :wave) - but here's (hopefully) what DHAVAL & others were looking for . . .

I have to say - the P1 vs. THIS is "chalk & cheese" even though I was happy with the P1.

Awesome paint - and although there are a couple of breakages (1 bead string and 2 dred tips) - I can see why those happened - the design (around the dreds) is SO delicate it's blimmin' next to impossible to avoid damage when shipping on a large (and China-sourced) scale.

Not too shabby (assuming Sideshow will replace the entire thing OR give a reasonable refund - if not - it's going back!)

Anyways - here's #102 of 350 (excl)

dsc04389f.jpg

dsc04390q.jpg

dsc04391d.jpg

dsc04393h.jpg

Last edited:
Back