Statue Predator 2 - Elder Predator Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am very happy with the new two predator lsb (classic masked & elder) i thinj they will look great with the 1/5 statue series.Elder statue & Elder lsb!!!can't wait to display them together.Does anyone knows if there will be a new 1/5 statue :pray: or the series has ended?

Don't apply such logic, it would probably be awesome Stingray.. :lol

The maquette isn't awful, it is pretty great over all, it just has some glaring mistakes, I imagine SS have learned from these now.

Don't apply such logic, it would probably be awesome Stingray.. :lol

The maquette isn't awful, it is pretty great over all, it just has some glaring mistakes, I imagine SS have learned from these now.

Yea, if they wanted to put the effort in it could be. We hopefully will get a great 1/4 Hot Toys version for half the money.

I know alot don't but I like the 1:5 Preds.
They look great in a Besta and are, relatively, pretty good value.

I wasn't saying the 1/5ths are bad, just that the effort they put into the 1/4 P2 would be much less if they did a cheaper 1/5. I like my Elder 1/5 and even picked up a 2nd EX skull to flank him on both sides, plus if I was not getting the Wolf LSF I would have kept my 1/5 Wolf also.

Just got mine last week. All in all, I am very pleased with it. I went from deciding against Big Chap, to wanting the HT Elder, to looking for this all in about a day. I decided to go by photos and praise, and I mostly ignored the official SS page. The size and weight were a little more than I expected, which was a very welcome surprise. Huge thanks to Stingray!

My only critiques would be:
  1. Slipper feet. Not horrible, but people have noticed it.
  2. Detail of the eyes. They're plain, but they do the job. Eyes like the P2 Maquette preview would have been insane. They look good at most all angles, but they can appear a bit wonky if you force it.
  3. The paint job is mostly superb, and the netting is very good, but a couple strands of net aren't fully painted. No one admiring this in a display case should ever notice, though. You'd have to be looking for it. Considering the netting is painted on, and not just real netting, I think the job is solid.

elder_pred_statue.jpg

elder1.jpg

elder2.jpg

elder3.jpg

elder4.jpg

Here is my Bandai Wolf figure in front of the base. Tiny by comparison.
elder5.jpg

Those detail shots look great, makes him come alive. Glad you like him Kaiju. I wish they could put this much effort into all their Preds.

As do I. After yours and Col's reply in the '87 pred thread, I have decided against that one.

Yea, look for a nice Wolf to go with the Elder and forget about the P1. Wolf is almost as nice as the Elder and the EX is not really needed(although I liked it on the one I had). It is not nearly as neat as the Elder alien skull or as necessary as the P1 or Scar EXs, but if you find a deal on one I would jump.

Just got mine in today. What an underated statue! Pleasantly surprised with the size. And the detail and paint are excellent. Really digging this statue and glad i picked it up!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Just got mine in today. What an underated statue! Pleasantly surprised with the size. And the detail and paint are excellent. Really digging this statue and glad i picked it up!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Congrats, yes it is. I think the rest of the line being subpar detracts from the popularity.

Resurrecting an old thread - sorry. The hand holding the sword on mine seems to have lost its grip (lol) and the peg slipped out. Long story short, the index finger broke off and I can't find it. Going to attempt cosmetic repair with apoxie sculpt.

Can anyone who still has this take a good pic of the sword hand, palm facing up, so I can see how that finger looks exactly? Many thanks to anyone who can assist.

Resurrecting an old thread - sorry. The hand holding the sword on mine seems to have lost its grip (lol) and the peg slipped out. Long story short, the index finger broke off and I can't find it. Going to attempt cosmetic repair with apoxie sculpt.

Can anyone who still has this take a good pic of the sword hand, palm facing up, so I can see how that finger looks exactly? Many thanks to anyone who can assist.

These any good? if you need others, let me know the angle.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Back