Statue Predator 2 - Elder Predator Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you just buy them to flip or what, or were you never planning on opening it and looking at the box. I find it interesting when I hear about guys who buy these expensive statues but never open them.

He's a hoarder!!! :panic:

Seriously, though, what people do with their collectibles is up to them.

So for everyone to answer my question. Is this Statue really worth the money? I'm on the fence if I should get it or not. Looks awesome but just on the fence. Help would be great thanks!!!

Hard to tell, really.
It does has a better sculpt and pose and decent quality(based on standard level of sideshow) of paint work.
I used to struggle when those in-hand pics just came out and now I would say I will just wait for NECA 1/4 Elder and maybe Elder LSB next year.
From my opinion,I can easily speculate that those two will be good deals by judging Previous NECA 1/4 and P1 P2 LSB.

So for everyone to answer my question. Is this Statue really worth the money? I'm on the fence if I should get it or not. Looks awesome but just on the fence. Help would be great thanks!!!

As usually the paint job is not as good as the prototype but considering the difficulty and the amount of details, it turned out pretty good..

I actually printed a Elder Pred photo according to the measurements on SS site to have an idea of size and I was pretty happy with it, taking in consideration that my printer might be distorting a little. But it didn't.... One of the nice surprises was that it is 20 inches tall and not 19 as specified on Sideshow website. I just measured it twice to make sure...

I actually repainted his teeth and added color here and there like fixing some gaps in color on his net, or fixing the armor when paint from another part bled into it, and adding gloss to his teeth. I think it looks better now, although you can barely see it on these photos....looks better in person....

IMG_0705_zpse2cbbbbf.jpg

IMG_0715_zpsdf8d1ee6.jpg

So if you are on the fence, I say don't be.... It is a great piece and if you can get a hold of the exclusive Alien Skull head, I would say go for it. I didn't think much of it and even thought of ordering the regular, but it turned out that it is a great piece, very detailed and an awesome addition to the statue.

hope it helps....

Cheers

Bear

As usually the paint job is not as good as the prototype but considering the difficulty and the amount of details, it turned out pretty good..

I actually printed a Elder Pred photo according to the measurements on SS site to have an idea of size and I was pretty happy with it, taking in consideration that my printer might be distorting a little. But it didn't.... One of the nice surprises was that it is 20 inches tall and not 19 as specified on Sideshow website. I just measured it twice to make sure...

I actually repainted his teeth and added color here and there like fixing some gaps in color on his net, or fixing the armor when paint from another part bled into it, and adding gloss to his teeth. I think it looks better now, although you can barely see it on these photos....looks better in person....

IMG_0705_zpse2cbbbbf.jpg

IMG_0715_zpsdf8d1ee6.jpg

So if you are on the fence, I say don't be.... It is a great piece and if you can get a hold of the exclusive Alien Skull head, I would say go for it. I didn't think much of it and even thought of ordering the regular, but it turned out that it is a great piece, very detailed and an awesome addition to the statue.

hope it helps....

Cheers

Bear

Thanks for the info man. Definitely helps and think I will pick one up now. :)

Here is a size comparison to some other Sideshow pieces....

Love the size of this statue. It goes well with my Alien Warrior Maquette...

IMG_0720_zps0407c1a9.jpg

IMG_0719_zps10ded1fb.jpg

IMG_0718_zpsb1fe5bf9.jpg

:D
Here is a size comparison to some other Sideshow pieces....

Love the size of this statue. It goes well with my Alien Warrior Maquette...

IMG_0720_zps0407c1a9.jpg

Nice setup, like the Alien Warrior maquette and the Iron Man Mark VI very much as well.

Also love the reflection of your trousers in the glass window ;)

Mine should arrive monday (UK), Looks awesome in the pics people have posted, only thing im not to impressed with is his dreads.

At least he could throw in the shipping...

Great pics Bearmodel. I'm loving the size too.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Received my p2 elder exclusive today..

283 / 350

Full of paintjob errors and a small damage to the right arm bandage.

And more pics of the mistakes and the small damaged part on the right arm

I'd like to know which person approves this to leave the factory in this state with all the paintjob errors..

The small damaged part can be a part of FedEx

Back