Statue Predator 2 - Elder Predator Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2&2 on broken statues this week :gah:
His left hand was smashed :mad:

pred4a.JPG pred4b.JPG

pred4.JPG

Sorry to hear about the breakage. I just received the Wolf Pred today and one of the dreads is broken off of the masked HS. I was pleasantly surprised with the Wolf. 1/5 scale wasn't as small as I feared and really happy with the overall statue. Now I'll be hunting down Elder next and then possibly P1.

Sorry to hear about the breakage. I just received the Wolf Pred today and one of the dreads is broken off of the masked HS. I was pleasantly surprised with the Wolf. 1/5 scale wasn't as small as I feared and really happy with the overall statue. Now I'll be hunting down Elder next and then possibly P1.

These are great for the price. Some great deals around with them not being too popular.
P1 is the only must have Ex which makes them easier to pick up. Good luck.

:slap For all of the hassle and added cost of buying direct, at least SS do cover you for things like this. This is why I'd be hesitant about buying something like the cm predator at aftermarket prices, it's bad enough on a piece like this. Hope you get it sorted.

:slap For all of the hassle and added cost of buying direct, at least SS do cover you for things like this. This is why I'd be hesitant about buying something like the cm predator at aftermarket prices, it's bad enough on a piece like this. Hope you get it sorted.

I know what you mean but...
Say your Maquette arrives with issues and SS say they have no replacements, seems to be happening more and more even on items they clearly have in stock, so they tell you to destroy it for a full refund. You are then left to chase up Fed-Ex for a refund as well which I believe is very difficult.

Well this is true also. Fortunately I've not had that problem yet, if it ever did happen I'd probably never buy direct again.

What did you have to do to fix it? My 1st one the guy did not remove the cannon so the box did not seal right. The cannon broke in 3 places and it even took some of his head ridges off from moving around so much. I fixed what I could and ended up selling that one as I found a Fox sample EX. It also had some issues, 2 dreads were broken, but lucky they were right at the original glue points so there was no problem fixing those.

Once I realised the left hand was on a pin, the guy forgot to remove it and it broke, I pulled the broken peg out with a pair of pliers. I glued the hand to the peg which still looked a bit messy due to losing a bit of polystone around that area but luckily you can't see it once in place. I will touch it up when I get some Milliput.
The finger on the Classic wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Couldn't get a good join and even ended up breaking another finger. Looks ok but still noticable close up.

Sorry to hear of your breakage. I get a lot of breakage too, I sometimes wonder if it's because I'm on the other side of the country from Sideshow.
Congrats on completing the set!
and nice work on the stand for P1's head and the repairs. You are turning into quite a pro!

Thanks Vitus. These were from U.K sellers but I've been lucky over the years until now.
I suspect the Classic was broken already because that part was hidden on pictures in the listing and the Elder was the sellers mistake by leaving the hand in.
Got a partial refund on both so all is good. Still look great in the Besta.

Just saw that this guy is now completely sold out at sideshow, no WL or anything. I wonder if they made all 1500 with all the breakage issues or stopped early and shut ordering down early.

took me 3 tries to get a good one.

I believe there was actually a second batch made because that's what the sideshowbrokentoy guy told me.

I had to wait like 6 months for #2 and #3

They may even be painted better. Mine is boxed currently but it seemed less bland.

Back