Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

Hi, thanks for filling me in. Very useful - I've been putting together the pieces by trawling through hundreds of pages but you've summed it up well for me. Do you mean the masked head or the unmasked portrait? I very much prefer the portrait on the left if so but I'm not sure I'd have noticed if you hadn't flagged this. I'm a predator fan insofar as I've seen the movies and cared enough for the franchise to shell out for a CM Predator in the past. That's been sold and I've been on the hunt (oho!) for a new piece since. Nothing has quite piqued my interest--didn't care much for Wolf, for instance--except this one.

I still think 400 for a SSC EX today is shockingly, bafflingly, low - I'd assumed after WW EX we'd start seeing EXs of tens of thousands. I'm not kidding. When I saw the low ES and the fact that the EX was still available, coupled with the low price for the dimensions, I got confused. I got so confused that I had to come check here that I'm not missing something.
All my brothers here have already pointed out everything wrong with this maquette. I'm just chiming in to say I'm also hugely disappointed with the way Sideshow is handling this piece. It needs much more serious attention than they're giving.

I've decided not to re-order and glad I got my NRD back.

Over the last week, no more confirmed here but 3 more confirmed on Statue Forum.

LATEST confirmed preorders since this went up (again) at the start of April – now a total of 24 between us.

Crazy low / “just deserts” depending on how you look at it.

April%202015%20re-preorder%20v4.0_zpsruip8lqu.jpg

I think their licenses only deals with 1/3 and 1/2 scale statues. Not sure if they will ever do 1/4 stuff??[/url]

Their Bayformers and Turtles are 1/4. They are doing a 1/2 Joker but 1/4 Predators is definitely an option.

Bit of a size comparison, this is the proto before anybody gets excited.

2w5psP9.jpg

Man, it looks so good from a great distance.

I would of thought they would have a better shelf area for them. Is that the apple next to it?

Bald green goblin looks funny :lol

Does look very impressive there but it is the proto and at a distance.

The size is awesome! Somewhere between the 1:4 Thor and the LSF Wolvie. Probably closer to the LSF which is pretty insane.
Would love to see him next to the original Maquette.

Definitely peaked my interest again :slap
$120 in Reward Points would at least cover postage... :gah:

I'm planning to buy it again but I'm in no rush. I'm hoping if orders are slow enough, the ES will revert to what it was originally.

Also looks like he has his disk and spear in hand at the same time..

You can see those flared dreads from a mile away....

Here's a question, not P2 related but I know my UK brothers are all in here.

If we (in the UK) Buy and item from an American retailer, but it ships directly from the Netherlands, do we pay 20% VAT on it? I'm assuming there will be no duty, but I'm scratching my head over this one.

To be specific, I'm trying to figure out whether it will work out better to buy the ECC Grey Alien bust from Secret Compass who will ship it direct from their distributor in the Netherlands to me. Or just get it from CD here in the UK who presumably use the same distributor. SC will lower the declared value of course but that is always a risk...

If it's shipped from the Netherlands there will be no V.A.T to pay but they may pass their bill onto you :huh
Best asking direct.

Back