Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette (CANCELLED!... For now)

:( wish this wasn't true. But at least it frees up funds to buy a tv hehe
Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_976 using Tapatalk

I have had the Wolf LSF and despite the inaccuracies it was one of the best statues I had. It is a little bit bigger than 1/4 scale. For me it was worth the price because it had a great presence and was a real eyecatcher.

I agree ;)

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I have had the Wolf LSF and despite the inaccuracies it was one of the best statues I had. It is a little bit bigger than 1/4 scale. For me it was worth the price because it had a great presence and was a real eyecatcher.

Yup, I wasn't bashing the piece, just answering to Roberto since he said that the Wolf was an instant hit, that's not exactly true. Piece itself clearly hase a huge presence and a very dynamic pose, love all the accessories too, but it's out of my budged and I can hardly justify the expense for a piece out of one of the worst movies :(

it will be interesting to see what SSC might do in the coming months. there goes my first SSC and Predator statue.

Well I'm taking this that ss is finally trying to change their qc issues. They must see that returns on such a big item like this would really effect profits and they are preventing it. To me, it's a positive step for ss

Was the Wolf Predator LSF really 1/4 scale? :horror

Slightly bigger, but VERY slightly. I think it's more due to the Wolf being a little taller and bulkier than the Jungle Hunter (Wolf is listed at 7'4", Jungle Hunter at 7'3").
One of my fellow collectors put him aside with the original P1 Maquette and they had basically the same size. Wolf is stepping on the alien and has a very dynamic pose, so overall it's more striking and takes more space, but the Wolf itself is just a tad bigger than 1:4 Jungle Hunter. Same guy put him near the 1:3 Cinemaquette and the Wolf is DEFINITELY much smaller.
In my books this means that NO WAY the retail price should have been in the 2000$ mark, which is double than the original P1 Maquette. I'll also go as far to say that the original P1 Maquette base is MUCH better done than the plain alien base of the Wolf, the water effect alone on the P1 blows away all the paint app of the Wolf base. I can see Wolf being more difficult to produce due to the big amount of accessories and switch outs, it's a very complete package that you get, but still overpriced as hell at retail, and even more in the aftermarket.
My 2 cents on the matter, but it's the reason I won't keep my breath for another "Legendary Scale" Predator. If it's just an excuse to bump the price, they can keep it.

Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette (CANCELLED!... For now)

In my opinion the wolf is worth every penny and when displayed right, it is a MASTER PIECE!!!!!!
The paint in my opinion is amazing, the pose is fluid and the base is simple but so affective!
Yeah the wolf is from one of the worst of the predator movies, but I take that out of the equation when looking at these pieces. I look for design, creativeness and the Wolf is the most badass Pred going in my opinion.
I am a massive fan of the P1 and P2 also!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

El Diablos Wolf LSF is incredible now he's took its leg netting off and touched up the paint. I'd probably buy one but the $2k price is hard to stomach, especially on an unissued collectible.

I'm still grumpy today about this P2 cancelling, but I can see why they have done it, I'd love to see a picture of what the production pieces actually look like at this point, they must be comically bad for Sideshow to have taken such steps. I'm assuming the P2 is a loss and we'll never see it, but if not, this could be a good thing (apart from us flexers actually losing money of course) Lets be honest, it's been a rough ride for this guy, there are 405 pages in this thread and about 403 of them are mainly complaints lol.

Sideshow is essentially suggesting that they will "reboot" production here, this gives them a real opportunity to go back and resolve some of the bigger complaints about this one, it would certainly shut the anti SS camp up, please those of us who did order but still have genuine complaints and help shift the regulars all at the same time so it would be a good move. I think due to the dreads etc, a lot of people just wrote this off, especially when the huge price was announced, but if you look past the head sculpt, and some of the smaller issues, there is a truly superb P2 sculpt here! The armor detail is beautiful! The body proportions are just fantastic, and the pose Dave came up with is excellent, it's natural, simple and yet gives it a sense of life and movement. Just imagine what this thing could be like with a proper hero bio and more natural looking dreads...

The good.. Very good in fact!
qJjZvH9.png

i4cYJMO.jpg

And the not so good. Change this and it will be transformed into something unbelievable.

Vm7i75L.jpg

a0BN8Gc.png

Yeah I agree bud.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I agree too - when SS hit, they hit it out of the park...but it seems their products are fairly so-so when compared with rivals
(the MoS PF, the Keaton PF, the Cap, the Predator LSBs etc.) I'm sure i'll be buying the Chronicle Genysis Endo over their maquette. Sideshow really need to bring the high-end back.

Classic Predator LSF rumours? Where?
Why jump onto another, bigger, Predator project when they can't get this one right. They also had major issues with the Wolf which resulted in much less being produced than they would of wanted. Business suicide.

Without the likes of, the great, Stan Winston on board Sideshow are struggling with accuracy.
Saying that Matt Rose was involved with the new Bio and they still managed to **** that up.

I'm actually not surprised the factory couldn't get close to the level of detail on that proto.
God knows what their samples ended up looking like.

Shouldn't listen to rumors people lol, A P1 LSF hasn't even been hinted at, but would have no relation to this if it did, different character completely.

Col, where else is there to look?
Other than the Narin 1:3, which would need building and painting, I was reffering to other pieces.
HCG Powerloader, Godzilla, other pieces on the secondary market... Problem with this hobby, So much choice.

Curious if peeps are holding out for this or moving on.

I'm holding out to see if this comes good I think, although there are a few pieces I'd like so we'll see. Namely the Chronicle Rodger young and Athena, maybe the new SSC 1/4 Endo, Vader PF etc etc... Oh and the Space Jockey and Power loader... yikes!

I'm holding out as well. But if xm studio or prime1 brings something that wows me from the predator line, I might jump.

Well, I didn't have this one on order, I was waiting for the in hand pics. I'm lucky that I'm more into Alien, than Predator, so my next sure grab should be the Space Jockey (unless they manage to half ass that one too).
But I do want a good Predator in my collection and too bad the City Hunter is my absolute favourite. Imho, it's the perfect balance of body shape, exotic armor, number of gadgets and weapons. Plus he's the main guy in one very solid movie that I loved (in my books, P2 is perfectly on par with P1 :D ).

I honestly hope PCS manages to snag a 1:3 license for Predators, the quality/price ratio from PCS is incredible, probably the best in the hobby (see Goro). Jerry has a knowledge in horror/sci fi creatures that few people can match in this industry (see his 1:3 Darkness) and they could handle QC much better than Sideshow, since they have less projects going on. He wouldn't hold back either, acrilic eyes and teeth, personal supervision of the production phase... this is the kind of commitment that Predator pieces require and that Sideshow lacks, imho.

So... You guys keeping funds for a potential future release or looking elsewhere?

There's plenty out there for me to spend money on. It'll most likely go to XM. PCS Akuma 1/3 is coming. ARH Death Dealer is awesome. I'd love to bet the ECC Marcus but it's $2200...gah

Back