Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette (CANCELLED!... For now)

With most LSFs you're getting 1:2 scale, not with a Predator. A 1:2 Predator would probably be $3,000+
Where did this LSF talk even come from :dunno

As you said Matt. Fix this, get the production sorted then we will have a great statue.

Couldn't be less interested in another P1 of ANY size/shape - but I know there are plenty of folks that missed out on the Sideshow maquette & Cinemaquette.

They should sort out the major issues with the P2, find a factory that will provide good quality, then up the price IF needed.

I'd pay more for something done (and QC'd) properly.

Just got this email back from the customer service manger William:

"Hello Brian,

Thanks for the e-mail. Trust me I too was heartbroken when the Elder was pulled from our production schedule. With the City Hunter we simply want to make sure we get it done right for all of our fans. Give us time and as promised once we are ready to re-solicit the item you and the others who had it on order will have priority pre-order status for that item.

Again, thanks for your e-mail and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to let me know."

Best Regards,

William Mendoza

Just got this email back from the customer service manger William:

"Hello Brian,
Thanks for the e-mail. Trust me I too was heartbroken when the Elder was pulled from our production schedule. With the City Hunter we simply want to make sure we get it done right for all of our fans. Give us time and as promised once we are ready to re-solicit the item you and the others who had it on order will have priority pre-order status for that item.
Again, thanks for your e-mail and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to let me know."
Best Regards,
William Mendoza

Can someone please ask if they will use the delays to FINALLY adjust the issues we pointed out?

OR - confirm that NOTHING will change with the original design?

Can someone please ask if they will use the delays to FINALLY adjust the issues we pointed out?

OR - confirm that NOTHING will change with the original design?

I asked to Alex in the Ask thread on Statueforum.
Regarding your previous post, don't know, I feel 1200$ should be the price point at which you should already have a flawless QC.
For me, any price bump should imply some heavy re-handling. Not only fixing the inaccuracies, but also have a better pose and a base that makes sense. Even then I could hardly justify more than 1300$.

I asked to Alex in the Ask thread on Statueforum.
Regarding your previous post, don't know, I feel 1200$ should be the price point at which you should already have a flawless QC.
For me, any price bump should imply some heavy re-handling. Not only fixing the inaccuracies, but also have a better pose and a base that makes sense. Even then I could hardly justify more than 1300$.

Thanks - please let us know what (if anything) you hear back.

I agree with you on the price point - it's just that I would gladly pay more if it was corrected & QC'd - won't be the case for everyone I know.

PS: I'm with you on rating the P2 movie so highly! :hi5:

I think the pose is perfect as is. What you're asking for is a complete redesign and I don't think that's happening. Maybe, MAYBE, the heads get tweeked, but that's it.

This is a surprise and also strange as Sideshow and others have zero problems delaying statues month to month, quarter to quarter. I was waiting to see how the final statue turned out for the price before ordering. $1,200 seems way too much for what Sideshow still hasn't clarified. Which is the difference between Maquette, Premium Format, and Comiquette.

I guess since they took deposits they had to give some kind of explanation. Too bad that doesn't apply to announced, previewed, or teased projects that get cancelled and/or delayed. Still, it makes you wonder what Sideshow's definition of quality is? If the quality was bad on this Predator 2 maquette, given some of the stuff we've seen recently and in the past, it must have been really bad. Or was it the loss they would have to accept on returns that made them delay the project?

Honestly, if this is released I'll be even more surprised. The timeline seems off. 3 to 4 months for another pre-order then release by the end of the year? I don't think Sideshow has ever released something that fast. And I believe there was another Predator cancelled a while back. Why not just offer people who pre-ordered extra points or additional discount towards the Predator or a future order? Seems far more reasonable and easier than giving money back only to ask for said money again in another quarter.

For me, any price bump should imply some heavy re-handling. Not only fixing the inaccuracies, but also have a better pose and a base that makes sense

I'm with you on the base as I don't like those tacked on skulls or weird teeth myself, but what don't you like about the pose? I think it's pretty much perfect.

HMS, I'll put it to William when and if he responds to my email I sent last night.

For the pose, it's just that I find it very bland, typical knee up. Maybe it's due to the base, I could see the pose working better if he was on a rooftop of some kind. I must say that I really like the City Hunter in his pose with the lifted spear, even if it's a little limiting for switch outs.

Some good news over on SF, I'm not sure Igo posts here so I'll quote his post. No promises but there is a chance this thing will release with some improvements :yess:

We're not in fear of losing the license, we have a great relationship with Fox and we'll probably be able to make Alien, Predator, and Terminator stuff until the sun sets in the east, but Predators are basically the hardest thing under the sun to get made right in China, as you guys all know.

So Im hopeful this guy will come back as potentially getting made, and with this "down time" Im taking advantage of the situation to try and get some things changed to the piece, but no promises if they can get changed or if this guy will actually get made, but might as well try.

Cheers Python, respect to Igo for coming out and clarifying the situation. He is clearly passionate about his predators and I hope he can steer this piece in the direction it truly deserves and give us the ultimate P2 maq in 6 months time or so. A glimmer of hope.

Which is the difference between Maquette, Premium Format, and Comiquette.
Maquette: Movie based character, usually 1:4 scale.
Premium Format: Mixed Media Statue, usually 1:4 scale.
Comiquette: Fully sculpted Comic character, usually 1:5.
Scales can vary.

Predator items are always more expensive. Detailed paint, hand made webbing and expensive licence.
The 1:4 Predator Maquette was $1,000 about eight years ago.

Maquette: Movie based character, usually 1:4 scale.
Premium Format: Mixed Media Statue, usually 1:4 scale.
Comiquette: Fully sculpted Comic character, usually 1:5.
Scales can vary.

Mixed media hasn't been a prerequisite for Premium Formats for at least a couple of years now.

The vast majortiy of Premium Format Statues incorprate some element of Mixed Media.
Of course there's exeptions... Poison Ivy... Storm Troopers... Apocalypse...

The vast majortiy of Premium Format Statues incorprate some element of Mixed Media.
Of course there's exeptions... Poison Ivy... Storm Troopers... Apocalypse...

Yes. So it's not a prerequisite any more.

I think the pose is perfect as is. What you're asking for is a complete redesign and I don't think that's happening. Maybe, MAYBE, the heads get tweeked, but that's it.

Who asked for a complete redesign? (* EDIT - spotted it - one of el mule's posts . . . *)

Some good news over on SF, I'm not sure Igo posts here so I'll quote his post. No promises but there is a chance this thing will release with some improvements :yess:

I was going to post the same thing - but the man beat me to it :hi5:

Honestly though - I now suspect this will NEVER be released.

Back