Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette (CANCELLED!... For now)

just seen this…christ almighty…I'm sorta happy to be done with SS, really, miserably unhappy that I'm not getting a predator..I agree with many who say we shouldn't expect another predator like they tried to claim in the email..i Think thats bs…if they do they're even bigger crooks imo bcz we both know theyll jack up the price and/or the ES...

just seen this…christ almighty…I'm sorta happy to be done with SS, really, miserably unhappy that I'm not getting a predator..I agree with many who say we shouldn't expect another predator like they tried to claim in the email..i Think thats bs…if they do they're even bigger crooks imo bcz we both know theyll jack up the price and/or the ES...

Completely agree, when was the last time sideshow actually cancelled a product because of bad qc or a couple months delay. It's complete bs, the main reason is probably the production cost made this less profitable given the low es ( purely due to the innaccurate sculpt they did ).

Why not just come out and say it - it's not profitable enough or worth the hassle to make this statue so it's cancelled. So full of crap...

Also when we cancel they get to keep the NRD, and when they cancel after holding the customer money for so long why aren't ss required to pay us an additional nrd for cancelling? Since when do customers become an interest free loan to SS.

my thinking is that the new one will cost much more...hence the refunds.

I subscribe to this theory . They're gonna jack the price up for sure .

Completely agree, when was the last time sideshow actually cancelled a product because of bad qc or a couple months delay. It's complete bs, the main reason is probably the production cost made this less profitable given the low es ( purely due to the innaccurate sculpt they did ).

Why not just come out and say it - it's not profitable enough or worth the hassle to make this statue so it's cancelled. So full of crap...

Also when we cancel they get to keep the NRD, and when they cancel after holding the customer money for so long why aren't ss required to pay us an additional nrd for cancelling? Since when do customers become an interest free loan to SS.

Which makes me #5 on the raft – price will go up and/or they will increase the edition sizes.

Email from Sideshow 20th Jan 2015...

...because we are unsatisfied with the quality. Rather than move the delivery date out again,...

It’s unfortunate and awkward for us to be this delayed, but we’d rather not ship an item that we feel can be done better, especially for Predator fans. This license is very important to us and we will continue to work on developing new Predator products for many years to come.
Really Sideshow? You had no problem shipping out those Predator 1 Bios with that horrible and cheap paint job, rough cast quality, and defective stand.
Where was this sense of respect for the license and it's fans a few months ago?

I would have rather that mask get delayed again and be done right for the price they charged for it. :pfft:

Really Sideshow? You had no problem shipping out those Predator 1 Bios with that horrible and cheap paint job, rough cast quality, and defective stand.
Where was this sense of respect for the license and it's fans a few months ago?

I would have rather that mask get delayed again and be done right for the price they charged for it. :pfft:

AND the P1 LSB goofy fangs AND the P2 scalp "paint" AND loads of others I didn't buy because they were so piss-poor.

If they cancel the P1 masked hunter + the Lobo that may be what I need to stop myself ordering from this company EVER again.

man, this sucks! i have been waiting for the longest of time and heap loads of my cash is stuck because of this statue that i paid for. They better be making smth better!

Rumours have it that Sideshow are preparing a P1 Classic Predator LSF :rock

if thats true they can go screw (thats the edited version, for those wondering) themselves all over again…I wish I could own a company, take orders on what, at least 1300 products at $120 bucks a piece minimum deposit (not including those who flex pay) and then when I've decided 'ah to hell with it', just say 'oh well' and heres your money, maybe in a few months (WHEN WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET THE DAMN THING ANYWAY) we'll have something for you…

again, and its so, so, so painfully obvious at this point, they are doing 1 of 2 things…1) they said eff it this is crap and were not investing anymore time/money into this piece, the people who have waited about a year and change can get their money back, bcz thats all thats really important to them (not the piece ya know??) or.. #2) They came up with an even BIGGER money grab and like roberto suggested & are releasing an OPEN EDITION, $2000 predator in 4 or 5 months that they think we'll bite on…

I can tell you why its not #1…THEY DONT MIND PUTTING OUT CRAP…they'll do a bait and switch and put out products made of PVC, they'll release broken, wet paint pieces like apocalypse to people and offer them 10% off or go scratch; QC isn't an issue with this company, they will send out whatever! Keep in mind: This is THE biggest statue company in town. The size of ARH, PCS and XM combined and then some. In this day in age, there isn't a statue that 'cant be built' if you will; they made the first one, they can make the second one. Its a simple matter of balancing the budget with them and just looking at it thru dollars and cents.

NO OTHER COMPANY would cancel an order/piece (Im speaking about other 1/4 scale companies (what I buy) like ARH, PCS, XM) when they've met their number of orders and the piece was sold out..the only time I've seen a piece cancelled is if the piece just wasn't selling and the smaller company had to cancel bcz it couldn't afford production and it truly wouldn't have been profitable bcz they didn't get enough orders…which isn't the case here, as the EX (the # needed to go to production in most cases as is well known) has been "sold-out" according to them for awhile now.

All of this just means its number two, a money grab, and an open edition, $2000 piece is more profitable than whatever it is they promised us or offered us over a year ago. FYI no other smaller company would/could get away with such a lack of transparency and such blatant customer disregard like this. I, luckily, can't imagine either of the 3 companies I've named (XM, ARH, or PCS) pulling this same kind of stunt. lmao, "especially for predator fans" my ass.

This is bad times! I was really looking forward to this! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

This maybe a chance for another company to take the limelight??

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I think they are starting to feel the heat of the other companies. A lof of their don't sell out anymore, that combined with all the praise the other companies are getting. I think people are starting to talk with their wallets...

I think they are starting to feel the heat of the other companies. A lof of their don't sell out anymore, that combined with all the praise the other companies are getting. I think people are starting to talk with their wallets...

Yeah I agree bud.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

What's your source?

It's a rumour that has been doing the rounds ever since Sideshow have been having issues with the Predator 2 maquette...I believe something was also mentioned during Comic Con of last year where research was being put together for a mother of all Predator statues...one that will surpass even the Cinemaquette Predator :horror but this is Sideshow we're talking about so don't hold your breath :( However, to also look at the other side of the coin, Sideshow's Wolf Predator LSF as far as I know was an instant hit with the Pred fans so watch this space...

Hey Chris, I dunno bro...you think that with all these new companies such as Prime 1 and XM Studios that Sideshow should be upping their game to compete at the same level as these guys...however, what we're seeing is the total opposite! They are capitulating before our very eyes and as a Sideshow fan, its very sad to see :( Once upon a time, Sideshow sat at the top of the collectible world and no one could say a bad word against them...nowadays all we here from Sideshow customers is mainly negativity and after this latest move to cancel the Pred 2 Maquette, you can understand why! It goes further, Sideshows QC standards have slumpt to an all time low and furthermore, so has their customer services. Due to the poor QC, customers are having to complain more about the condition of their pieces and yet Sideshow have become totally unreasonable in some instances and more than often show a lack of interest to resolve the situation :( It is indeed sad times but whether their slow and painful decline down the ladder of reputable statue manufacturers/suppliers is to do with the success of these new companies, I'm not sure :dunno what I do know is that Sideshow are losing a huge percentage of their loyal fans and if they don't start picking things up then I can see some big changes in the world of collectibles :(

It's a rumour that has been doing the rounds ever since Sideshow have been having issues with the Predator 2 maquette...I believe something was also mentioned during Comic Con of last year where research was being put together for a mother of all Predator statues...one that will surpass even the Cinemaquette Predator :horror but this is Sideshow we're talking about so don't hold your breath :( However, to also look at the other side of the coin, Sideshow's Wolf Predator LSF as far as I know was an instant hit with the Pred fans so watch this space...

Hey Chris, I dunno bro...you think that with all these new companies such as Prime 1 and XM Studios that Sideshow should be upping their game to compete at the same level as these guys...however, what we're seeing is the total opposite! They are capitulating before our very eyes and as a Sideshow fan, its very sad to see :( Once upon a time, Sideshow sat at the top of the collectible world and no one could say a bad word against them...nowadays all we here from Sideshow customers is mainly negativity and after this latest move to cancel the Pred 2 Maquette, you can understand why! It goes further, Sideshows QC standards have slumpt to an all time low and furthermore, so has their customer services. Due to the poor QC, customers are having to complain more about the condition of their pieces and yet Sideshow have become totally unreasonable in some instances and more than often show a lack of interest to resolve the situation :( It is indeed sad times but whether their slow and painful decline down the ladder of reputable statue manufacturers/suppliers is to do with the success of these new companies, I'm not sure :dunno what I do know is that Sideshow are losing a huge percentage of their loyal fans and if they don't start picking things up then I can see some big changes in the world of collectibles :(

Andy, I have the impression that they are trying to change some things. For example we are getting now these updates of the port strikes. This cancellation maybe another sign, they maybe did not want to bring out a subpar product because this would have a huge backslash. Maybe I am wrong, maybe they just got too big and they can't control it anymore...

Maybe it is time for them to lower the ES and concentrate on quality control more. Like you said they are losing a lot of fans and customers the way they are doing business now...

well if they have one in the pipeline to overthrow Cinemaquette Predator, im all ears. But i dont understand why they have to cancel the marquette only to release it 3-4 mths later? Maybe as what others has speculate, they could possibly be raising the price. Which brings us to the next question,

Who would love to see their marquette with improvements (larger spear, longer blades) but with a heavier price tag? Or maybe the exact same marquette, but still with an increase in pricing.

To be fair, Wolf LSF got a lot of negative criticism at the time. Not screen accurate (netting on the leg), lots of breakages and fragile parts, paint app is not so top notch on the dismembered Alien and on his unmasked face sculpt. And to boot, it's a 1/4 piece sold at LSF price.
It gained popularity only after Sideshow halted production without notice and it became rare... so obviously people had to jump on it and praise it to justify the money.

As much as I would love to see a P1 LSF I just don't think sideshow could pull it off. Look at the mess they've made with the latest iron man lsf (which I am going to cancel) and that is a comparatively simple design and paint job compared to predator IMO.

Who knows what will happen with the P2 maq but if they do re-release it then it HAS to be the same price, impeccable QC and possibly with a couple of alterations even if the most minor for instance straight dreads. Also as I've been screwed with the exchange rate and loss of interest due to flexing the item I want free shipping to the UK should I re-order - IF indeed the piece does get re-released.

To be fair, Wolf LSF got a lot of negative criticism at the time. Not screen accurate (netting on the leg), lots of breakages and fragile parts, paint app is not so top notch on the dismembered Alien and on his unmasked face sculpt. And to boot, it's a 1/4 piece sold at LSF price.
It gained popularity only after Sideshow halted production without notice and it became rare... so obviously people had to jump on it and praise it to justify the money.

I have had the Wolf LSF and despite the inaccuracies it was one of the best statues I had. It is a little bit bigger than 1/4 scale. For me it was worth the price because it had a great presence and was a real eyecatcher.

Back