Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

getting a refund while the exchange rate is the lowest I've ever known it, brilliant... :(

Oh, man. That is just awful. :(

My heart goes out to all those that had ordered this. I wonder if the Masked Hunter LSB will be not too far behind. It seems like the factory that are reproducing these lines for Sideshow are at least now being held accountable. If that's, indeed, the case & the reason these franchises are being put on hold either temporally or otherwise.

Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette (CANCELLED!... For now)

Seriously. I emailed William back regarding the future of the Predator license. I can only hope that there is one.

1/3, while awesome, is just too big for my collection. All I want is 1/4 P2 and what I thought was the inevitable, and my dream, 1/4 P1 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Last edited:

Am pissed that I am losing money needlessly on the exchange rate but am glad they are recognising that for the price of this piece it needs to be amazing.

Will I reorder, unlikely... Really disappointed. :(

Hilarious. Hopefully Sideshow's reign ends soon. The Alien and Predator licenses are deserving of far more effort and quality than what Sideshow is willing to put into them.

I got a hint from the XM guy over on SF that they may be moving in that direction but that was about 6 months ago.

I posted over the other forum:

Here's my guess of what is happening:

Sideshow realizes they (themselves and the factories) are so behind in other pieces and since their latest check on the P2 piece wasn't up to par, they realized they had to scrap the run meaning it would force them to delay every other piece behind it even more, that they simply decided they needed to skip over this piece with the factory for now and come back to it at a later time.

And who's your savior company Xenoburger?
XM, Prime 1, ECC, PCS, etc. I don't own anything from any of those companies yet but from what I've seen, they know what they're doing and care much more about their products and customers than Sideshow does.

I'm sick of thinking "I hope this doesn't have any problems when it's released". Why should I, or anyone think that? That's not normal. When you pre-order something, you shouldn't have to worry about things like this.

Sideshow may have been great at one time, but they've lost their way. $800 statues cracking. $2000 statues cracking. The Big Chap LSB fiasco. The P2 LSB's crayon and sharpie paint app. Every release there's some new issue(s).

Yes, but for every horror story I can name a bunch of success stories so it goes both ways. I wouldn't want PCS covering Predator, Prime 1 prices would blow the Sideshow ones out of the water, don't know who ECC is, and XM is just too small at the moment and too young.

Sideshow was our only hope.

XM said at the time that the Alien/Predator license is too expensive, they were keeping it as a reserve choice and I don't think they're grabbing it. They grabbed Top Cow, started Spider Man.
PCS is really my top hope.

Yes, but for every horror story I can name a bunch of success stories so it goes both ways. I wouldn't want PCS covering Predator, Prime 1 prices would blow the Sideshow ones out of the water, don't know who ECC is, and XM is just too small at the moment and too young.

Why on Earth? Jerry has a knowledge in creatures and horror stuff that even top artists can just dream of. If there's someone able to pull it of, it's him.

You're welcome Col, this sucks big time. I'd rather they just kept my money until they have made this right. I'll ask them to transfer it to my Boba PF and masked P1 LSB, assuming that will be happening...

You're welcome Col, this sucks big time. I'd rather they just kept my money until they have made this right. I'll ask them to transfer it to my Boba PF and masked P1 LSB, assuming that will be happening...
That's the thing, we were already aware of the further delay. This move really doesn't look good.
Refunding all moneys would lead me to believe this product is following the Elder Bust... Doomed!

That's the thing, we were already aware of the further delay. This move really doesn't look good.
Refunding all moneys would lead me to believe this product is following the Elder Bust... Doomed!

Just said pretty much the same thing over on SF, if we take the EX alone, never mind any of the 1000 REGS, they have written off $360000 in sales here, would they do that if this were definitely still happening? Maybe not.

Yes, but for every horror story I can name a bunch of success stories so it goes both ways.
There shouldn't be any horror stories to begin with. A small F-up here and there is expected, but it's almost 50/50 with sideshow. Ordering from SS is like playing Russian Roulette. You can never feel confident that your collectible will arrive a) in 1 piece, b) painted competently or c) brand new, not someone else's return.

I wouldn't want PCS covering Predator, Prime 1 prices would blow the Sideshow ones out of the water, don't know who ECC is, and XM is just too small at the moment and too young.

Prime 1 has crazy prices, but the quality and durability is there. Sideshow charges $2000 for the Wolf LSF, which doesn't have paint apps anywhere near the quality of Prime 1's stuff, which is priced similarly.

ECC is a new company lead by Steve Wang (I believe). Their prices are high, but their products are incredible.

Elite Creature Collectibles Main Page | Elite Creature Collectibles

I don't know about XM being too small. Every time I look at the Marvel statues section, there's a new XM thread. They've released and previewed a ton of Marvel statues in a very short period of time, with the most inspired and intricate poses I've ever seen, and quality that all customers seem to love.

Back