Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

My guess: reg 1500 ex 750. Could be less though.

Agree.

EX my guess is 500 and regular 1000. Maybe a smidge lower for each.

I think 300 is too low, considering they shifted 500 Dark Riders at $800 easily enough.

I think there are more people waiting on the "in hands" , than actually buying it.

I've no idea of the number but it seems strange why it's taking soooooo long. Have there been other pieces that have taken this long to get an es?

I've no idea of the number but it seems strange why it's taking soooooo long. Have there been other pieces that have taken this long to get an es?

Queen of The Dead comes to mind...ES on that has not been set yet either.

thats such bs they take that long to make an es---an ES, imo, is designed to ensure the collection part of this hobby. All they are doing (most of the time not all), is putting an item for pre-order, they get the word out, and wait until the frequency of orders starts to die down to the point that it indicates you aren't getting a lot, and THEN they put their ES up, increasing that number by what ever mathematical figure that makes sense to them in terms of how much they can sell…this makes good BUSINESS sense for them, bcz they believe this is the most successful way to go about selling their product. However, to the fans who want not only a statue/piece of a character they love, BUT ALSO to have a "collectible", than they are truly losing out, because the process that they are using, at least on its surface, indicates that instead of having a healthy balance of high vs low ES, in order to balance the profit/collectible line, they are really weighing, again in some cases, the profit line much much more than the collectible line.

The solution is for everybody to stop preordering things, it actually makes no sense to pre order anything from SS currently. At least until an ES is announced. But we all do it anyway. :cuckoo:

The solution is for everybody to stop preordering things, it actually makes no sense to pre order anything from SS currently. At least until an ES is announced. But we all do it anyway. :cuckoo:

It's hard to hold back, since I remember the days with no NRD and instant sell outs.

You're right though, there is no reason to order until an ES is set. Nothing sells out before that stage anymore.

Unless you can get a piece for a huge discount, then yea, just wait. Had to pull the trigger on Doom cause I got him at a huge discount. May be done with statues/figures until 2015 :horror

I've changed my tactics in preordering things I want. I won't po until the ES is set. No more buying day one. Buying before the ES is set only allows SS to make it higher.

Yeah - now we've had it confirmed by SSAlex that the allocation of Issue#'s (#abc of xyz) is totally random (rather than in the sequence they are ordered) I'm going to stop now as well.

Such a shame that the major player in the collectibles market has such poor organisation and coordination skills - let alone the QC issues.

Yeah - now we've had it confirmed by SSAlex that the allocation of Issue#'s (#abc of xyz) is totally random (rather than in the sequence they are ordered) I'm going to stop now as well.

that's been known for years, it's always been like that.

Back