Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

This less than a inch taller that the Conan Fury of the Beast,this should be max $799.00

But it's a Maquette!! (whatever that means).

The only thing I can come up with is that movie's cost more because of licensing but then you have the T2 battle damage contradicting that and also the Dutch PF.
It's just because they can, it's the simplest explanation. I'm over it myself now, it's not worth talking about.

I just hope that it's actually a really nice piece and I can be tempted into buying it. It would suck if it came out with a botched paint job. The face in particular.

Paint. That's such a questionable topic with Sideshow.

I personally think SS is releasing porcelain statue now. Total one-dimensional paintjob. I wonder where are all the depths I've seen from Dr.Doom PF gone to?

Just cancelled my order for this one. Transferred my NRD to Superman EX. Now that i have the Wolf LSF i have a feeling this one would just be a $1200.00 disappointment.

Just cancelled my order for this one. Transferred my NRD to Superman EX. Now that i have the Wolf LSF i have a feeling this one would just be a $1200.00 disappointment.

The price tag on this is pretty steep...just makes it that much easier to be disappointed.

The price tag on this is pretty steep...just makes it that much easier to be disappointed.

Yep, with the list i have this year its going to be hard enough to feel justified as it is.. G. Hulk and Apoc come to mind, and i've decided that those two are musts for me. Something had to go, this and T-800 BD lost out.

Yep, with the list i have this year its going to be hard enough to feel justified as it is.. G. Hulk and Apoc come to mind, and i've decided that those two are musts for me. Something had to go, this and T-800 BD lost out.

I cancelled my man of steel PF, and I'm considering cancelling MJ. Not sure yet, though.

T2 BD PF wasn't all that. It looks a bit off to me, I think that'll be in the bargain bucket with the other Arnie PF's. Bad timing too with the EB/HT figures already getting a lot of good reviews.

The only good thing about this being a train wreck is that as soon as you get your money back you can afford like 2 really good PF's (with change) or maybe even bump it up to a Legendary :lol

I really hope it's still around for in hand reviews. I think it will be though. My usual store couldnt even shift it with a $240 discount. I think it's at the collectible limit for 80-90% of people where it's going to have to be super special.

I told my wife, she nearly spewed.

For the people that collect everything, it'll probably just feel like a Thursday....

I cancelled my man of steel PF, and I'm considering cancelling MJ. Not sure yet, though.

I cancelled MJ and Gwen a while back, kept Spidey though... At least until i can find an affordable PF. I prefer it to the comiquette.

im sure sideshow have a team of inebriated monkeys painting their preddy skupts nowadays ,and payin em peanuts too

I find it funny when I said the paint job is gonna disappoint like it always does with Sideshow products and I get yelled at for stating my opinion back when this was shown at SDCC. Now you have all finally caught up 6 months down the road to finally all agree that the paint is going to be a massive disappointment most likely. :slap

No point slating it until we've seen it.

Handing over $1400 smackers with shipping before seeing it is another matter....:lol

Consider picking up the Enterbay T-800 BD figure. In my opinion, the superior of the two.

I find it funny when I said the paint job is gonna disappoint like it always does with Sideshow products and I get yelled at for stating my opinion back when this was shown at SDCC. Now you have all finally caught up 6 months down the road to finally all agree that the paint is going to be a massive disappointment most likely. :slap

I'm pretty sure every Sideshow/Predator fan has seen the P2 LSB so we are well aware of potential paint issues.
All we can do is hope for the best and as already said send it back if not happy.
No way am I paying all that money for a shoddy statue.

Not sure you got shot down GS? Everybody knows the paint won't be great, It's always a worry with SS pieces. I think the sad thing is that paint worries are almost a non issue when compared to the other issues this maquette has. They could all be painted by Joe Dunway and they still wouldn't look right. A shame indeed.

I'm pretty sure every Sideshow/Predator fan has seen the P2 LSB so we are well aware of potential paint issues.
All we can do is hope for the best and as already said send it back if not happy.
No way am I paying all that money for a shoddy statue.

Mine has been custom painted

Looks nice Steve.
Any better pictures? Who painted it?

Still love mine even though it could be better.
Won't accept it on a £900 statue though.

Will post some up when I get it back mate :wink1: I agree if ss mess this one up they have lost me for good, I will then turn my attention to custom statue's rather than keep getting their tat painted up to what it should look like.

Back