Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

They're obviously making money but $1050 per item...

That's not difficult to understand. pf retails for <$400 and ss makes at least 50% gross margin on those. The cost to make this pred is same as any other pf. It's inhouse built unlike the Winston version.

There is a perceived price premium on 1/4 predator statues by the market and ss knows it and took full advantage of it in the pricing. Nothing wrong with that they are a business with the sole reason of existence is to make money.

You as a consumer have to decide if the value is worth it or not. Just like when going to Tiffany's and pay a few hundred for a silver ring vs few thousand for a platinum ring... Even though the underlying commodity makes little difference in the ring, the market puts a much higher premium on one vs the other. (And trying to explain that to the women will get you nowhere)

That's not difficult to understand. pf retails for <$400 and ss makes at least 50% gross margin on those. The cost to make this pred is same as any other pf. It's inhouse built unlike the Winston version.

There is a perceived price premium on 1/4 predator statues by the market and ss knows it and took full advantage of it in the pricing. Nothing wrong with that they are a business with the sole reason of existence is to make money.

You as a consumer have to decide if the value is worth it or not. Just like when going to Tiffany's and pay a few hundred for a silver ring vs few thousand for a platinum ring... Even though the underlying commodity makes little difference in the ring, the market puts a much higher premium on one vs the other. (And trying to explain that to the women will get you nowhere)

Don't worry...ordered ages ago.

At the end of the day I don't really care how much it cost them to make each piece. Show me where else I can buy a 1:4 P2 that looks this good :lecture

Why keep on complaining about the price :huh

I think we have every right to moan about this for the rest of time if we really have nothing better to do. This is the worst example of SS abusing their loyal fans I can think of. They know we have wanted a P2 for years nd there is no alternative available, myself more so than most and they are shamelessly taking advantage of that desire. $1200 for what is essentially a PF, just think about how much money that really is for a second. They are charging that not because it is any more expensive to produce than other similar items, not because the license costs more... they are charging that simply because they can. They know how passionate we are about the character and they know that even though they are pricing many people who have waited years for this out of it, they will still sell as many as they want to make.... which they won't even tell us! :dunno Errrgh.

Of coarse it doesnt!!! Does a Lambo Aventador cost $500,000 to make? NO!

Come on, seriously? A Lamborghini incorporates the newest technologist and materials available in the field, they spend insane amounts of money on R&D to make there cars some of the most advanced and desirable in the world... sideshow are making badly painted polystone castings. Not really much of a comparison. Any business has to make a profit and I'm thankful we have SS, but they do seem to take the cake sometimes and this is the best example in a long time... probably ever.

As you said Matt it will still sell.
I'm not happy about the price but what was stopping them making it 3 or 4 inches bigger, calling it a LSF and slapping a $2,000 price tag on it?

If anyone wants to talk profit margin I suggest you take it to any LSF thread.

Don't worry...ordered ages ago.

At the end of the day I don't really care how much it cost them to make each piece.

as i said everyone decide for themselves if it's worth it or not. for me personally i will get it because i dont have a 1/4 pred but if i have the wintston pred or the wolf lsf i will not.

Show me where else I can buy a 1:4 P2 that looks this good :lecture

Same can be said for about 100 other 1/4 statues of various characters sideshow makes, but they cost <$400.

as i said everyone decide for themselves if it's worth it or not. for me personally i will get it because i dont have a 1/4 pred but if i have the wintston pred or the wolf lsf i will not.
:hi5: Look forward to pictures and hopefully no delays.

Why keep on complaining about the price :huh

More people are fed up with no edition size at pre-order than the price. The price would be easier to handle if everybody knew exactly how many were being made before they put down $120. The practice is completely anti-consumer.

If everybody stopped ordering and giving Sideshow money then they would have to do away with that " TBD " garbage. It's a horrible business practice and they have to do away with it.

You have a $1,200 piece after almost two days still with no edition size put up, it's a joke.

Owning both the Alien Warrior Maquette ($799) and the P1 Maquette ($999) there is a huge difference in craftsmanship on these two pieces. The Alien for the most part is just a painted mold. But the predator has netting, wires, leather, intricate paint, dreads etc. Allot more work went into the Predator at the factory, to me the price difference between the two is understandable.

Is 1,200 to much? imo yes, 1k would have been the sweet spot. And with the extra head included with both versions that messes with the value long term. But when your saving up for a year whats an extra $20 put back here and there? Unless your buying multi statues in a year then maybe its a problem.

Also if you wait and they sell out, and the statue ends up looking fantastic. Then you face paying 2k or more like whats happened with the P1 etc. So then the question becomes do i want to get a good deal on this piece or do i want to get raped.

I agree the edition size being TBD....BUT if i remember correctly they did the same thing with the P1 Maquette (correct me if im wrong). Im pretty sure this same convo was had at the time.

More people are fed up with no edition size at pre-order than the price. The price would be easier to handle if everybody knew exactly how many were being made before they put down $120. The practice is completely anti-consumer.

If everybody stopped ordering and giving Sideshow money then they would have to do away with that " TBD " garbage. It's a horrible business practice and they have to do away with it.

You have a $1,200 piece after almost two days still with no edition size put up, it's a joke.

Why so they can cancel 5 seconds later when it's too high for them? That's why there's an NRD now

Why so they can cancel 5 seconds later when it's too high for them? That's why there's an NRD now

I don't mind paying an NRD. If the ES is too high I'll cancel and they can have my money.

That's not the problem. The problem is having no edition size while requiring a deposit.

You'd drop $120 if the es was high?
You ordered this B or in general?

I was basically in agreement with awesome that the NRD items should include a ES if there is an EX. Maybe not regs.

The only perspective I can see from SS point of view is that if that were to happen with items, they would likely always shoot high with their ES and not shoot low (which could be bad for everyone) Now if they base ES off of orders we could sometimes get a high ES and sometimes low. Just Depends I suppose.

The only perspective I can see from SS point of view is that if that were to happen with items, they would likely always shoot high with their ES and not shoot low (which could be bad for everyone) Now if they base ES off of orders we could sometimes get a high ES and sometimes low. Just Depends I suppose.

rhymey, rhyme-rhyme. DJ KingB. :wink1:

Sorry, too much coffee this afternoon, just read your post as a rap for some reason.

I don't mind paying an NRD. If the ES is too high I'll cancel and they can have my money.

You should be able to get it back if they put out an unfair ES, we pay premium prices for exclusivity after all.

Sorry, too much coffee this afternoon, just read your post as a rap for some reason.

Lol, nice. I went back and re read as a rap too. Fancy myself a singer now.

King Vanilla....Word!

You should be able to get it back if they put out an unfair ES, we pay premium prices for exclusivity after all.

I haven't POed this. Just saying if I had and the ES was astronomical I would consider it. For the most part I have learned to be patient and wait.

I haven't POed this. Just saying if I had and the ES was astronomical I would consider it. For the most part I have learned to be patient and wait.

Snap, if they make changes and the ES isn't too high I might swing for this... I am in no rush at all though. Given the price I think I'd probably wait and hope there is a 2k P1 LSF down the line...

Back