Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

just get the reg then. I'm 100% sure SS will do another 1/4 P1, but it will cost just as much as the Winston P1 (reg edition), and there is now way SS will make a new one better than that one.

not when everything else towers over them. Once Ht starts making 1/4 Preds, maybe they will get my interest.

Yup, I remember when they advertised that they were working on 1/4 predators. Damn, that was long ago and still nothing.

Seeing all the fuss going on in this thread so much to read. About Hot Toys I only bought 1 figure made from them. I love it but definitely isn't worth it I actually prefer the SS Star Wars 1/6 line. Cheaper and still awesome. Don't get me wrong Hot Toys rule and still will buy once in a while but pricing is too high. I prefer Statues/Props/Busts anyways but as for this I still need to pull the trigger but the price is holding me back. It sucks because I ordered the Bio but can't pull the trigger for this. I must be crazy :cuckoo: but I really was hoping this would be cheaper. I love it but grr. Need that extra push to order. :gah: Congrats to you guys who have ordered. Maybe if I see the Edition size I may just order right than as for now I drool and wait.

$1200

Seriously?

:cuckoo:

Whackshow collectibles. I was tempted but between the price and the horrendous dreads I'm not sure I can push the boat out.

Last edited:

We can cry about the price all you want. I dont like it either but I will get it. What will happen is a lower ES and then regret when it sells for $2K on eBay. We dont make statues so we dont know the costs involved in making these things and the effort it took to make. Sideshow is a business, not a charity.

Maybe if we PO this enough then SS will give us new 1/4 P1 soon... the only question is when.
Come on SS, I know you're reading this. Give us one already!

We dont make statues so we dont know the costs involved in making these things and the effort it took to make. Sideshow is a business, not a charity.

Do you really think that these costs 1.2K to make in China? :lol:lol

Do you really think that these costs 1.2K to make in China? :lol:lol

Of coarse it doesnt!!! Does a Lambo Aventador cost $500,000 to make? NO! They make enough to supply the demand (pre orders) just like Sideshow does now without a set number prior to orders.

Its a business, not a charity caring about your finances. You clearly work for someone and don't own a business.

Of coarse it doesnt!!! Does a Lambo Aventador cost $500,000 to make? NO! They make enough to supply the demand (pre orders) just like Sideshow does now without a set number prior to orders.

A Lambo Aventador is made In Italy to the highest standards. Exactly the same as Sideshow.

ashkanis said:
Its a business, not a charity caring about your finances. You clearly work for someone and don't own a business.
If I were working for someone that sells stuff that cost $150 per unit to produce for $1200, I would be concerned about ethical/moral issues. Maybe :rolleyes2

You think this item costs $150 to produce?
Licence, design, pre production model, pre production paint, site maintenance and SS staff, materials, production, paint, shipping, warehouse...

You think this item costs $150 to produce?
Licence, design, pre production model, pre production paint, site maintenance and SS staff, materials, production, paint, shipping, warehouse...

Sideshow is losing money selling these things, that's clear. How I didn't' take all of that into account? My bad.

At this point, the price is the price. No reason to debate it anymore. It's not changing.

To me it's worth it. Predator is more than likely my favorite movie of all time and definitely my favorite character design. I don't have any high end Predator collectibles and with only the HT P1 and the Neca P1 1/4 being my only examples of any sort of Predator stuff, I feel like this can finally fill my needs even though it's P2 and not what I truly want in P1. Still, I like the P2 design and movie enough to still be on board with this release.

In fact I'm pumped.

Hopefully after this guy, the P1 won't be too far down the road.

As I did when I bought the Wolf LSF, the question is whether this piece worth 3 PF's to a person? (5 or 6 with Wolf LSF) The answer with Wolf for me was hell yes!

It's a lot different for ppl that order 10 statues/figures a year. It's harder for them to justify an item like this.

Back