Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Wow the wolf LSF is so small. Def not worth $2k

Yeah, I always thought it was bigger as well. That size makes me think half the price would've been reasonable. Still, a stunning sculpt and an absolutely amazing pose! If price were no issue and I could only have one Predator statue, that one would be it.

CM is my favorite......Wolf LSF is very close though.....I really love them all and cant wait to get the Predator 2. Then it will probably be a long wait for the next big statue. I will be praying for Celtic Predator....But i know Scar will probably come before Celtic

Here's a question to all the Predator fanatics: Do you guys buy Hot Toys?

From what I've gathered since I've started collecting this past year, it seems to be taboo to talk about Hot Toys to those who buy PFs or statues; however, when it comes to Predators, I'm not sure how you could resist if you're a fan! Hot Toys just comes out with so many, and they seem to do them incredible justice. I know if I was a hardcore Predator fan, I wouldn't be able to resist the selection/quality they offer, as I find they even hide the joints extremely well when it comes to this character.

I'm just interested to hear the thoughts from people who love the character/species so much that they'll spend thousands on it, as to whether or not they're tempted by the vast amount offered in non-statue form!

I'd rather have a few big Preds than a bunch of tiny, and STILL overpriced figures. All you guys ***** about this being overpriced, so is almost every HT release. I also hear a lot of *****ing about ES of statues when HT makes prolly 5-10k figures, if not more, not counting remakes and re releases. There won't be another 1/4 P2 statue.

IMO Whoever said wolf lsf is not worth 2k by now are:
1) Don't own it.
2) Never seen it in person.
3) Couldn't afford it.

It is definitely the most dynamic and most detailed pred statue to date. Sure CM pred is super cool but it might be too bland for some person, especially who's not into the cult or collecting stuffs. They'll see it to be yet another big-sized statue in front of the theatre or something. But for wolf it's another story.
BTW that's what happened to me lol.

And for HT, I used to buy their figs and still have some of them left. (first blood, metal gear) or some pred I used in my diorama.
Is it worth it? Yes if you compared it to SS' 1/5 line. But against pf or lsf? Hell no.

Last edited:

From what I've gathered since I've started collecting this past year, it seems to be taboo to talk about Hot Toys to those who buy PFs or statues; however, when it comes to Predators, I'm not sure how you could resist if you're a fan! Hot Toys just comes out with so many, and they seem to do them incredible justice. I know if I was a hardcore Predator fan, I wouldn't be able to resist the selection/quality they offer, as I find they even hide the joints extremely well when it comes to this character.

I'm just interested to hear the thoughts from people who love the character/species so much that they'll spend thousands on it, as to whether or not they're tempted by the vast amount offered in non-statue form!

Speaking for myself - I don't limit my collection to a line, style, scale, or manufacturer. It includes statues, busts, props, action figures...
As for predators - I have most of the Hot Toys, have a few from McFarlane, some neca, as well as various items offered by sideshow and other companies, such as the predator 1:1 and LS busts, weapons, masks.
In short, I collect whatever I like, sometimes it's a planned purchase, sometimes an impulsive one, but the main guideline is - I like it, so I get it.
No Taboo here :)

Personally I love the hot toys! I've almost every single one released. I'm just missing the two elder predators and one of the avp ones. They\re quite a sight to behold when you have a whole collection of 'em.

Personally I love the hot toys! I've almost every single one released. I'm just missing the two elder predators and one of the avp ones. They\re quite a sight to behold when you have a whole collection of 'em.

not when everything else towers over them. Once Ht starts making 1/4 Preds, maybe they will get my interest.

IMO Whoever said wolf lsf is not worth 2k by now are:
1) Don't own it.
2) Never seen it in person.
3) Couldn't afford it.

It is definitely the most dynamic and most detailed pred statue to date. Sure CM pred is super cool but it might be too bland for some person, especially who's not into the cult or collecting stuffs. They'll see it to be yet another big-sized statue in front of the theatre or something. But for wolf it's another story.
BTW that's what happened to me lol.

And for HT, I used to buy their figs and still have some of them left. Mostly for those which is thr only of its kind (first blood, metal gear) or some pred I used in my diorama.
Is it worth it? Yes if you compared it to SS' 1/5 line. But against pf or lsf? Hell no.

I wouldn't really say so. I've seen the wolf predator twice in real life, wasn't blown away or felt like I needed him in my collection. Can't place why, just don't like it personally. I'd rather use the money for the cinemaquette instead. :p

not when everything else towers over them. Once Ht starts making 1/4 Preds, maybe they will get my interest.

Not so crazy about 1/4th scale predators from hot toys though. (I might take that back) At least unless they come up with a way to hide the joints. I really like \em in 1/6 scale cause you get to appreciate all the tiny little details.

I wouldn't really say so. I've seen the wolf predator twice in real life, wasn't blown away or felt like I needed him in my collection. Can't place why, just don't like it personally. I'd rather use the money for the cinemaquette instead. :p

the CM will cost you almost twice what Wolf did and he ain't worth that either.

Not so crazy about 1/4th scale predators from hot toys though. (I might take that back) At least unless they come up with a way to hide the joints. I really like \em in 1/6 scale cause you get to appreciate all the tiny little details.

they aren't worth 300 to me.

the CM will cost you almost twice what Wolf did and he ain't worth that either.

they aren't worth 300 to me.

True that, but I don't think if you pre-ordered the preds they'd cost ya $300. Normally my predators have been around $200 -$250 tops.
As for the cinemaquette, I'm hoping one day I can get him for under $4k. :p

If I only collected Preds then i may buy the hot toys - ive been tempted to buy the Iron Mans because they look amazing - however i already spend to much on this hobby so the hot toys are off my lists no matter what - but thats just me:)

True that, but I don't think if you pre-ordered the preds they'd cost ya $300. Normally my predators have been around $200 -$250 tops.
As for the cinemaquette, I'm hoping one day I can get him for under $4k. :p

Celtic is pretty close to 300. Feels not that long ago that could get you a 1/4 pf.

Ordered P2. Gotta have it since I have the CM Pred and SS LSF Wolf. One day I want to track down the SS P1 Maquette. That's going to be a lot cash.

Back