Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

A home run would have been a P1 premium format 1/4 scale

While another P1 is always welcome, we have had plenty of him, P2 on the other hand has been lacking a bit, we have been crying out for a decent P2 statue for years now so another P1 wouldn't have been any more welcome than this to most... maybe next year ;)

Spine missing, wrong base, undersized spear in the wrong hand, undynamic pose that doesn't convey a scene from the film or complement what the 2 other PF's that came before it did - what's not to love :lol
I know I'm being harsh but I've been waiting for this since 06 and I think it's not the home run it should of been. :peace

Well I guess we are the two critics of the thread, nice to meet you lol. I have made most of those points myself throughout the pages although it has to be said I am very happy to finally see the P2 get some attention. I don't mind having an undynamic pose, for me such a statue should be about the beauty of the character. I prefer the P2's relaxed look to the P1's almost falling over dynamic look personally.

The base is really bad, there is no getting around that. If they had just made it a simple rock then it would be fine... but no, they have tacked two cheap looking skulls onto either side that really take away from the piece rather than add anything and then they added teeth to the rock... it clearly isn't a skull in any other way so why??? :dunno

The spear is undersized, the dreads stick out like wings and the mask is elongated so I am with you, we have waited longer than I care to remember for this so ultimately it was always going to be slightly underwhelming if SS didn't get it spot on (and they really haven't) But I do still kind of like it overall.

I think ultimately it will come down to two things. 1: Will they rip us off, and 2: Can the paint shops come anywhere close to mimicking that amazing paint job. I fear for both of those answers but if SS surprise us and I really hope they do... I will happily open my wallet for this.

I was hoping the pose was more dynamic in nature, but this isn't bad either.

If the paint is good then I'll be content.

Still can't tell you what's up with that base though. :lol

The base is really bad, there is no getting around that. If they had just made it a simple rock then it would be fine... but no, they have tacked two cheap looking skulls onto either side that really take away from the piece rather than add anything and then they added teeth to the rock... it clearly isn't a skull in any other way so why??? :dunno

I couldn't agree more. I think it detracts a lot from the overall look. Really ugly and nonsensical imo.

Today? Maybe? Probably not, but one can hope.....

Red sonja = meh.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

When looking at the pics and vids of this all I see is a very good representation of the P2 .

Will be ordering on the basis it will look excellent on my shelf and to everyone I know it's a Predator Alien thing out of that film with the Terminator bloke in :monkey1

When looking at the pics and vids of this all I see is a very good representation of the P2 .

Will be ordering on the basis it will look excellent on my shelf and to everyone I know it's a stupidly expensive Predator Alien thing out of that film with the Terminator bloke in :monkey1
*Fixed! :hi5:

Sup guys, been a few years since ive been in the statue collecting game. Proud owner of the P1 EX Maquette and Alien Warrior Maquette. Just heard about this statue and really like what im seeing.

Whats up with Sideshows statue quailty? I notice allot of talk about their paint jobs etc., is Sideshow not what it used to be?

I do notice that the belt and weapon holsters are not real leather? Which is a shame...you guys think this will be the same quality as the P1 Maquette?

Priced around 1K i would imagine?

Also: I broke a part of my Aliens right arm not really noticeable, but it bothers me. You guys know of anywhere that i could buy a replacement arm?

Thanks,

Sup guys, been a few years since ive been in the statue collecting game. Proud owner of the P1 EX Maquette and Alien Warrior Maquette. Just heard about this statue and really like what im seeing.

Whats up with Sideshows statue quailty? I notice allot of talk about their paint jobs etc., is Sideshow not what it used to be?

I do notice that the belt and weapon holsters are not real leather? Which is a shame...you guys think this will be the same quality as the P1 Maquette?

Priced around 1K i would imagine?

Also: I broke a part of my Aliens right arm not really noticeable, but it bothers me. You guys know of anywhere that i could buy a replacement arm?

Thanks,

Sorry to hear.
A replacement arm for that piece would be difficult to come by, I would imagine, but GL.

Check back in here once in a while.
Many of us are speculating P2 to go up for preorder this month.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show. :wave

Sorry to hear.
A replacement arm for that piece would be difficult to come by, I would imagine, but GL.

Check back in here once in a while.
Many of us are speculating P2 to go up for preorder this month.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show. :wave

This is the only other peice ive wanted in my collection! So...im back, i really hope they knock this out of the park!

exceptional is too hard to ask for on a manufactured piece like this. On par with previous big Pred pieces would be fine.

Oh well it will be a suprise everytime. The prototype always looks good. At least we can let the possibility of googly eyes out lol

Oh well it will be a suprise everytime. The prototype always looks good. At least we can let the possibility of googly eyes out lol
2nbsmt5.gif

I have allways displayed my P1 with the mask...but the unmasked on the
P2 looks pretty badass judging from this pic! If they screw up the the eyes/paint i think i will have a pro repaint the statue, and maybe have him redo P1 while he is at it.

Have you guys seen any repainted P1 Maquettes? Be interesting to see...

Been a looonnng wait for this!! Im psyched!

I have allways displayed my P1 with the mask...but the unmasked on the
P2 looks pretty badass judging from this pic! If they screw up the the eyes/paint i think i will have a pro repaint the statue, and maybe have him redo P1 while he is at it.

Have you guys seen any repainted P1 Maquettes? Be interesting to see...

Been a looonnng wait for this!! Im psyched!

I've never read about anyone who wasn't happy with the P1 original paint apps :dunno

the bio on the ex head looks like it's metal, haven't seen a manufactured Pred piece anywhere that has a Bio with that kind of paint app.

Back