Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Exclusive

a4685d53a4cacb933321cb8ffa5e1d01_zps65621d49.jpg

Chris

We've seen the unmasked sculpt.
Has there been a reveal of the disc?

Yes but on the raw sculpt and rumoured by sideshow I think.

Hello all, question: Why are statues more expensive that 1/6 HT figures? It seems that both require that they be handmade? 1/6 Scale to me, seems to more intensive since you have accessories and moving parts. Don't get me wrong I have a Dutch EX that I love and I want the P1 Maquette..I just was wondering. Thanks :)

Hello all, question: Why are statues more expensive that 1/6 HT figures? It seems that both require that they be handmade? 1/6 Scale to me, seems to more intensive since you have accessories and moving parts. Don't get me wrong I have a Dutch EX that I love and I want the P1 Maquette..I just was wondering. Thanks :)

Who knows? :dunno
I think they charge what they know we'll pay. There's got to be a huge profit in these Chinese made items.
Personally I couldn't spend hundreds on a plastic doll, but that's just my preference.
I'm sure there's people who would say the same about polystone. (I know it's a 'type' of plastic before someone else points it out)
No denying the detail on HT head sculpts is pretty amazing.

completely different really. For starters this is larger and much heavier. Not everyone likes the 1/6 figures as they are pretty much toys like we had as children.. albeit more detailed. These however we get to call collectables :chase

And the price is so high simply because Sideshow can get away with charging that amount. Supply and demand and all that jazz. In reality it most likely costs them a fraction of the amount we pay to produce each unit. And their latest move of releasing old products again is a sure fire way of unnerving future customers. If that is to be the new policy then prices should fall significantly but we all know they won't....

polystone. (I know it's a 'type' of plastic before someone else points it out)

And we are almost genetically identical to apes, that little difference yields huge changes so I don't buy that argument when people bring it up. :)

can u guys explain something to me: why was the original predator maquette $1000 bucks on SS (according to what i saw on the archived page)--- isnt it just a 1/4 scale statue, similar to the premium formats? And those go for much less than 1k...thanks in advance!

Hi mate It was 999$ when New I paid more than that a few years after its release
It is quite a bit bigger than your average pf and well worth the money
Cant wait for p2

Mart

its listed as 24 inches on ss... most pfs from what I seen are anywhere from 20-25 inches so its well within that range...and 2x the price...its gotta be something more than 'more detailed' too....otherwise despite it looking great its overpriced imo...but awesome

I think the standard answer applies here... they charged that amount simply because they could. It did of course help that it had a legend backing it ion the form of Mr Winston. the P2 does not.

I get it...im new to collecting has a 1/4 scale statue ever just jumped like that in price before (1000 bucks high) or was this the first one...from ss that is?

I get it...im new to collecting has a 1/4 scale statue ever just jumped like that in price before (1000 bucks high) or was this the first one...from ss that is?

SWS (Stan Winston Studios) involvement in the P1 Maquette determined the high price. Anything with a 'LEGACY' attachment will do the same today.
From WIKI...
'After his death (Stan Winston), his four supervisors (Shane Mahan, John Rosengrant, Alan Scott, Lindsay Macgowan) founded and built their own studio, Legacy Effects, aptly named to honor his memory'.

makes even more sense thanks for the info...question--where on earth if i was trying - would i be able to locate/purchase one?

makes even more sense thanks for the info...question--where on earth if i was trying - would i be able to locate/purchase one?

A P1 maquette? Let me tell you, it was the hardest piece for me to find in over 10 years of collecting. Took me over 6 years to locate one at a what I thought was a "fair" & "reasonable" price. But then again, I was only after the EX because of the bio mask but many fans are more than happy with the regular head.

If you're referring to a P2, join the line in waiting for the PO to open:wink1:

A P1 maquette? Let me tell you, it was the hardest piece for me to find in over 10 years of collecting. Took me over 6 years to locate one at a what I thought was a "fair" & "reasonable" price. But then again, I was only after the EX because of the bio mask but many fans are more than happy with the regular head.

If you're referring to a P2, join the line in waiting for the PO to open:wink1:

You got him yet?

Back