Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

can u guys explain something to me: why was the original predator maquette $1000 bucks on SS (according to what i saw on the archived page)--- isnt it just a 1/4 scale statue, similar to the premium formats? And those go for much less than 1k...thanks in advance!

A Predator statue needs a lot of work and detail. From the netting, dreads and quills to the complex paint. The P1 Maquette also had the late great Stan Winston (Stan Winston Studios) involved which wouldn't of been cheap.

Details, Details, Details... That's what makes it.

Can't wait to order this!!!!! :drool:drool
I hope we see a 1/4th scale P1 or Elder or Wolf at SDCC '14 or sooner:pray: That would be awesome!

Hope they rework the base. Everything else I can live with and love...
Even the dreads Python :wink1:
That is you on the SS page? :lol

:lol..I got this pic from someone on StatueForum.....Guy takes awesome pics..

Sorry Geno. I was referring to this on the Sideshow page...
'Is there any chance the dreads can be reworked on this so that they don't stick out weirdly to the side where they join the head? They should drop straight down, Looks really Awesome otherwise!!!'

That's gotta be Pythons work :lol

Sorry Geno. I was referring to this on the Sideshow page...
'Is there any chance the dreads can be reworked on this so that they don't stick out weirdly to the side where they join the head? They should drop straight down, Looks really Awesome otherwise!!!'

That's gotta be Pythons work :lol

All good Col :1-1:
They do look a bit odd sticking out like that...I guess we'll wait and see till next month if there were any changes made....Sounds like Spook is gonna be Awesome! :yess:

That picture captures how amazing the piece is. Such an awesome piece. If this goes up next month than I know what i'm going to ask for my Birthday the following month. Would love to have this in my collection. So amazing! I'm a huge City Hunter fan. My favorite look and design of the Predator. Looking forward to the Pre-order. Not into the statues much anymore but this is one to have in my collection.

That picture captures how amazing the piece is. Such an awesome piece. If this goes up next month than I know what i'm going to ask for my Birthday the following month. Would love to have this in my collection. So amazing! I'm a huge City Hunter fan. My favorite look and design of the Predator. Looking forward to the Pre-order. Not into the statues much anymore but this is one to have in my collection.

I'm actually moving towards statues and trying to sell off my figures.
As a matter of fact, I still have the Hot Toys City Hunter (v2.0) still sealed, unopened. I no longer want it. :(

I'm actually moving towards statues and trying to sell off my figures.
As a matter of fact, I still have the Hot Toys City Hunter (v2.0) still sealed, unopened. I no longer want it. :(

Oh really? That's too bad. I love statues but they take up so much room. I had to pack mine away so I can make room. :( Sad but can't have statues really they're amazing but so big. 1/6 fits the amount of room I have in where I display. 1/6 is as amazing as 1/4.I still need to pick up the Hot Toys City Hunter. Really want it along with the new Scar. Believe my Parents are going to buy me both and maybe this if up for order for my upcoming Birthday. Pretty excited if that's the case. :yess:

A Predator statue needs a lot of work and detail. From the netting, dreads and quills to the complex paint. The P1 Maquette also had the late great Stan Winston (Stan Winston Studios) involved which wouldn't of been cheap.

but jeesh isnt that a bump up from 350-400? is it safe to assume that the p2 maquette will cost the same?

Hey Ma, my birthday is coming up. I want the Predator 2 Maquette from Sideshow, just $ 999,99! (or $ 1.199,99 :()

No offense, I like this Predator a lot and unfortunately price is a big factor. If this thing is priced at 1200 bucks you could get three PF's for that. Ok, besides Conan, and Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse or any other statue that has Maquette in its name. Hmm, nevermind.

but jeesh isnt that a bump up from 350-400? is it safe to assume that the p2 maquette will cost the same?

I can justify the price of two PF's, $800, but any more would be pushing it.
I really want this but I'm not going to pay silly money. That's why I will never buy a LSF.

You aint getting nothing out of me! I'm not saying I did write it.. I'm not saying I didn't. The only certainty is that the person in question speaks sense and is clearly very handsome.... :lol

As for the dreads, I may have no choice but to live with them, have you ever known sideshow correct anything at this stage? I do still think they look a bit silly though. Fortunately the even sillier base takes the focus off of them so all is good. ;) I set my budget around about yours also, any more and it is an easy pass for me. I've fouind myself more hyped about the big chap lsb which is weird. I'm a bit fan of both franchises but I've always had a thing for the city hunter design...

You aint getting nothing out of me! I'm not saying I did write it.. I'm not saying I didn't. The only certainty is that the person in question speaks sense and is clearly very handsome.... :lol

As for the dreads, I may have no choice but to live with them, have you ever known sideshow correct anything at this stage? I do still think they look a bit silly though. Fortunately the even sillier base takes the focus off of them so all is good. ;) I set my budget around about yours also, any more and it is an easy pass for me. I've fouind myself more hyped about the big chap lsb which is weird. I'm a bit fan of both franchises but I've always had a thing for the city hunter design...

:lol Thought of you as I read it :hi5:

I've never been an Alien fan, although AvP is one of ny favourites, but stumbled across that bust again the other day and thought...mmmmm!
Oh, and thanks for pointing out the teeth issue :1-1:

You're welcome. If you mean that little sneak video, I got the same buzz as when we got snippets of the original predator lsb during that. I just think it is a great line, not too big but plenty of detail. It is such a shame they didn't do the P2 any justice, he could have been a grail piece even at half scale. I hope it was a one off and not the start of a trend. I am already planning where to put the inevitable wolf and berserker etc...

Back