Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

Any chance they will tweak the helmet? Hate the way it looks now. Totally wrong.

ZERO chance, they were made aware how bad it looks and for whatever reason they won't fix anything with it was their reply. Ego or whatever, not sure what the problem is, bottom line is everyone loses.

I'm sort of at peace with the inaccuracies in this piece. I certainly wish it was accurate (or that it at least had some ****ing quills) but I think I'm mostly okay with that. Mostly. I'm a hell of a lot more worried about QC.

I'm sort of at peace with the inaccuracies in this piece. I certainly wish it was accurate (or that it at least had some ****ing quills) but I think I'm mostly okay with that. Mostly. I'm a hell of a lot more worried about QC.
Quills would not be that hard to add, but the sculpt itself is not good enough to modify IMO with all the other problems.

Quills would not be that hard to add, but the sculpt itself is not good enough to modify IMO with all the other problems.

Are you gonna start drilling holes in the face of your $1,200 Maquette?

The only way I would even consider this is if they add quills.

Here you go Space ace, you can make your own mind up ;) Also, the spear is pretty small and the unmasked head doesn't have quills. It's a great looking statue apart from the head and dreads.

Vm7i75L.jpg
I love how this pic keeps resurfacing on this thread... it's a great reminder of how the Sideshow sculpt and paint is FUBAR for this piece. :lol

Pity the sculper didn't use it for reference.

*Disclaimer* Although they did a terrific job :)

I love how this pic keeps resurfacing on this thread... it's a great reminder of how the Sideshow sculpt and paint is FUBAR for this piece. :lol

To be fair:

1) A LOT of the sculpt is fine - but there ARE the obvious annoyances / failures in art direction that caused
many of us to complain & request changes (to no avail) - hence the lower purchase #'s​

2) The paint is by Joe Dunaway - any supposed inaccuracies on the prototype are down to the lighting
& photographer - Joe does NOT screw up Predator colouration.​

This is exactly how I feel-I think overall it's a great representation (for me anyway) of this beast. I've been lucky so far with QC on my Sideshow pieces-If/when I pull the trigger, hope the law of averages is still favorable.

To be fair:

1) A LOT of the sculpt is fine - but there ARE the obvious annoyances / failures in art direction that caused
many of us to complain & request changes (to no avail) - hence the lower purchase #'s​

2) The paint is by Joe Dunaway - any supposed inaccuracies on the prototype are down to the lighting
& photographer - Joe does NOT screw up Predator coloration.

You got that right! :)

To be fair:

& photographer - Joe does NOT screw up Predator colouration.​

Sculpt is fine except the heads and weapons which are arguably the most important parts. I don't care as much for it being inaccurate, upsets me more that is just does not look good for ANY predator.

Paint is not really an issue, but Joe is NOT painting all of them. Even if he did that does not fix the other problems. Plus, remember the P2 bust proto vs production? It can only get worse unless you don't order. Force them to make it right next time(or heavily discount it so there is room to customize). That or let someone else take over the line who cares enough to get it right...or at least closer than this.

Sculpt is fine except the heads and weapons which are arguably the most important parts. I don't care as much for it being inaccurate, upsets me more that is just does not look good for ANY predator.

Paint is not really an issue, but Joe is NOT painting all of them. Even if he did that does not fix the other problems. Plus, remember the P2 bust proto vs production? It can only get worse unless you don't order. Force them to make it right next time(or heavily discount it so there is room to customize). That or let someone else take over the line who cares enough to get it right...or at least closer than this.

exactly this...

Who has actually ordered this piece?
I have re-ordered the exclusive as I want it next to my wolf LSF.
What's people's views on this since this topic has died down?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

If QC is good I'll order. Even with the inaccuracies. It's as simple as that.

Cool.

The inaccuracies don't overly bother me. As the second I look at it, it completely resembles the city hunter. Yeah the inaccuracies would have been better corrected as its a lot of money for this statue, but do not class it as a failed piece. Do you?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

It all comes down to the final product. If the paint is anything like the prototype then I think it'll be a winner, inaccuracies aside. It's a tough act to follow though, having the P1 maquette already.

Who has actually ordered this piece? . . .

Copied from a post I made earlier today on the "other" forum :wink1:

I think THIS was the latest version of the "who has preordered THIS time?" list from the 2 main forums.

Way WAY down from the initial release. Unless they deliver LOBO-like quality on these, they will be stuck with them for a LONG time and will be discounting like crazy (plus there will likely be a few lies about "low stock" etc along the way).

April%202015%20re-preorder%20v4.0_zpsruip8lqu.jpg

Decision%20flow_zpsqrdsbwza.jpg

Copied from a post I made earlier today on the "other" forum :wink1:

I think THIS was the latest version of the "who has preordered THIS time?" list from the 2 main forums.

Way WAY down from the initial release. Unless they deliver LOBO-like quality on these, they will be stuck with them for a LONG time and will be discounting like crazy (plus there will likely be a few lies about "low stock" etc along the way).

April%202015%20re-preorder%20v4.0_zpsruip8lqu.jpg

Decision%20flow_zpsqrdsbwza.jpg

Thanks bud. Missed that post.
Ah well fingers crossed.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Back