Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Call me Hans Gruber because I'm about to hijack this thread. :)

I need some help from fellow Predator fans. Has anybody here received a Predator 3D Limited Edition Ultimate Hunting Trophy Blu-ray from amazon.co.uk? Mine arrived today and I was planning on keeping this awesome collectable in pristine brand new condition as it looks great masked in it's very nice window box.

I've seen 3 reviews of this item on youtube but they are all from German collectors and I know that this item is sold by both amazon uk and amazon germany. My problem is that all 3 of the reviewers had their window boxes sealed in clear plastic wrapping that had to be ripped open in order for them to be able to get to the Predator goodies inside. So that's what I was expecting with mine but my heart sank when I took mine out of the brown shipper only to find that there was no clear plastic wrapping sealing my Ultimate Hunting Trophy window box inside.

So could anybody who's received one of these from amazon.co.uk please tell me whether or not their window box was sealed in clear plastic wrapping. Because right now I feel like I've just spent £88 on something that's supposed to be brand new but that might as well be second hand. I will be sending this back if this is indeed the case but I reallly need to get my facts straight first so any helpful info would be much appreciated.

You spent £88 on this?...

91N9MSfimWL._SL1500_.jpg

Does it look as bad in hand?

If you've seen them sealed it should be sealed.

That picture had me saying to myself that no way will I ever be buying that thing. It was the youtube reviews that changed my mind and yes it does, to me anyway, look much better in person than that terrible official picture the dummies at 20th Century Fox released.

I've never been able to get hold of a Sideshow Exclusive Predator Legendary Scale Bust so this would satiate my Predator bust needs until I finally aquire one of those beauties.

But I am really p****d off about spending a whopping 88 bunce on something that seems to have been bought by someone else, ripped open, then sent back only to be sold to me as brand new. I have bought a lot from amazon over the past year or so (cds & dvd/blu-rays mainly) as their prices are often the lowest but, sadly, so are their standards as many of said items have arrived to me with damaged cases. I really should start shopping elsewhere but this particular item is actually sold exclusively by amazon here in the UK.

I know that you have proper quality Sideshow Predator busts Col so I don't think that you'd be impressed with this Blu-ray collectable. But like I said, it'll do me untill I can finally get a Predator Ex LSB.

I should point out that I am a sucker for, (emphasis on the word 'sucker' :) ) for collector edition box sets. I have the T2 & T-Salvation Endoskulls, the T-Salvation Moto, The Matrix bust one, the Alien head, the Alien Quadrilogy one with the light up egg, all the LotR collector sets and even the Jurassic Park one (that one looks especially cheap but I foolishly thought that it looked good in the pictures :slap ).

I am not proud of myself. :eek:

I should point out that I am a sucker for, (emphasis on the word 'sucker' :) ) for collector edition box sets. I have the T2 & T-Salvation Endoskulls, the T-Salvation Moto, The Matrix bust one, the Alien head, the Alien Quadrilogy one with the light up egg, all the LotR collector sets and even the Jurassic Park one (that one looks especially cheap but I foolishly thought that it looked good in the pictures :slap ).

I am not proud of myself. :eek:
Hey Morgul Matt,if you like it who cares what others think! I like collectors boxes too and I always buy the steel case blu Rays when I can. While that Predator box dosn't look like a sidshow bust. I think it's pretty cool for what it is! How does Predator look in 3D anyway?

Hey Morgul Matt,if you like it who cares what others think! I like collectors boxes too and I always buy the steel case blu Rays when I can. While that Predator box dosn't look like a sidshow bust. I think it's pretty cool for what it is! How does Predator look in 3D anyway?

I don't have a 3D TV, buddy, so I don't know. I only bought this for the collectable. I've never fancied watching any movies in 3D. It's not my bag, so to speak.

I don't have a 3D TV, buddy, so I don't know. I only bought this for the collectable. I've never fancied watching any movies in 3D. It's not my bag, so to speak.

Matt, I have it, bought it directly from the 20th Fox online store - Mine did not come wrapped in plastic. The window box was placed directly into a shipper.

Matt, I have it, bought it directly from the 20th Fox online store - Mine did not come wrapped in plastic. The window box was placed directly into a shipper.

Really? Well that's interesting. Thanks for the reply, pal. It may just be the German editions that are sealed in plastic wrapping.

However, there is a UK seller on ebay.co.uk selling these for £125 and although his picture is a sideways view of the item it does look to be sealed in clear plastic wrapping. But then his item does not have the BBFC 18 certificate in the bottom right hand corner like mine does so his may well be a German edition. :gah:

I don't know why some of these are & some of these aren't wrapped. This really is needlessly frustrating to me. If I wasn't going to keep this thing in it's box then this wouldn't be an issue but as I am then this has become a royal pain in the :moon.

I could really do with hearing from an amazon.co.uk buyer if possible.

Sorry - but 3D sucks.

No - really - it sucks.

And to make my opinion clear - it sucks.

The thought of one of my all-time fave movies being "converted" to 3d - well . . . . sucks.

Whoever came up with the idea - they suck too.

I don't suck (unless the lady asks nicely).

Sorry - but 3D sucks.

No - really - it sucks.

And to make my opinion clear - it sucks.

The thought of one of my all-time fave movies being "converted" to 3d - well . . . . sucks.

Whoever came up with the idea - they suck too.

I don't suck (unless the lady asks nicely).

Hahahahahaha, I take it Suck is a favorite word. :lol

Opinion based on?

The fact that it sucks?

Sorry Matt, I wasn't trying to be rude and I'm glad you're happy with it but that picture does look awful.
I was shocked at the £88 price tag, I picked up the LSB for £200.

I actually bought a Terminator box set from Amazon and it turned out to be a cheap, poorly made, plastic toy so I sent it back.

That collectable looks like suck

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Ahhh man that thing is horrid :lol I despise 3D, in fact that bio would probably look better in 2D itself ;) Still each to their own.

Surprisingly has some positive reviews. Found this amusing...

'Anyone who considers themselves a Predator fan needs to have this in their collection'

Back