Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Maybe they'll pull a Hot Toys and tweak a few things before going into production? They're not usually very good about posting updates for this sort of thing and they have put the release back (although they do this all the time :( and nothing changes) Positive mental attitude and all that.

Kind of makes you wonder if they're sculpted this way just to be a little different from what you see in the film, just so the artist can put their own little stamp on the character?
They already said they are not improving their screwup, a shame as that is why we complain so much to get them to fix it. If anything this will look worse in hand as paint and details are 99% never as good as proto.

Maybe they'll pull a Hot Toys and tweak a few things before going into production? They're not usually very good about posting updates for this sort of thing and they have put the release back (although they do this all the time :( and nothing changes) Positive mental attitude and all that.

Kind of makes you wonder if they're sculpted this way just to be a little different from what you see in the film, just so the artist can put their own little stamp on the character?

Igo, over on SF, has already said he pushed for changes but nothing came of it so what you see is what you get.

The CM was Steve Wangs interpretation of the P1, not 100% accurate, but was much better received than this.

Steve Wang had a huge input in the original design, if anyone is aloud to give a little spin on the design it is that man. The CM looked good though ultimately and all he really changed was proportions, the dreads on this P2 look silly so can't really be passed of as the same thing imo. The body proportions are really good, it is just that head that ruins it really... and the small spear.

That's a shame as the head is what you see first, the thing that really defines the character. The dread situation happened with the Wolf 1:1 bust too. I think the unmasked portrait looks impressive though, but then again its down to how good the paint apps will be...again :/

That's a shame as the head is what you see first, the thing that really defines the character. The dread situation happened with the Wolf 1:1 bust too. I think the unmasked portrait looks impressive though, but then again its down to how good the paint apps will be...again :/

Yeah - that's why I didn't buy the Wolf 1:1 as well. never regretted it.

If this looks as bad on arrival as I think it may, it'll go straight back.

Given the recent extremely low quality of Sideshow's Predator output, they need to get a new design team and hire sculptors that have a passion for getting things right AND the ability to do so. I'd fire all of Sideshow's design team after this and the 1:5 line (the poses on that were awful except for the P1 & the Elder).

I'd fire all of Sideshow's design team after this and the 1:5 line (the poses on that were awful except for the P1 & the Elder)

Yeah, I never liked the look of the 1/5 scale statues and some of the in hand pics looked awful. I bought the P1 LSB on release and had to get a replacement due to broken dreads, that seemed to be a common QC issue. Its always been one of the pieces in my collection that I'll probably sell on, got it solely because of the cool expression.

P1 LSB is a very nice piece. I love mine.
I also avoided the 1:5 line but they are actually pretty good for the money. Can be found quite cheap as well.

I love my P1 LSB, the amount of character they captured using just a head and shoulders was incredible... as always the only issue is factory related with those wonky central fangs and sub par paint apps.

Thats why I'm on the fence about keeping him. On the one hand its a great character filled sculpt but on the other, the legendary scale format doesn't really fit with the rest of my collection which is mainly the 1:1 pieces, the Hot Toys figures and now the P2 maquette which will need space to be displayed. I already own the grail piece that is the Stan Winston P1 1:1 bust anyway.

No, it's very bad actually...

Why did you bloody show me that... Now I can see it's really bad... Ahhhh mannnnnnnn! Lol
Look at the size of the targeting laser recess... WTF sideshow... And how sharp are under the eyes compared to the soft lip of the original mask... Not happy now. :/ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There really are quite a few inaccuracies with the bio.

The area under the eyes on Sideshow's sculpt reminds me of this Twilight Zone episode:

145-the-masks-avi_001265516.jpg

The Hot Toys predator collectors would literally pick apart this piece.
It's not like a minor detail that can be easily overlooked either. We're not talking about the shoulder armor or his belt. It's the biomask and the dreads! Those are two pretty significant parts.

When I get mine I'm going to do a comparison with the Maq, the NECA and the Bio. I have them all.

Sadly I think the Maq will score the least likeness points apart from the body proportions. The problem with the current MAQ mask is that it has sharp edges but the original mask has a more rounded look like cheek bones. The size is also questionable since Predators have always appeared slightly bobble headed but I think the bent dreads add an optical illusion. The small laser housing is also very noticeable if anyone has any other collectibles that represent the P2.

You know I just thought to myself what am I going to buy if I return it, I shouldn't be thinking that!!! (Optimus Prime if anyones interested :lol)

. . . You know I just thought to myself what am I going to buy if I return it, I shouldn't be thinking that!!! (Optimus Prime if anyones interested :lol)

Yeah - I'm thinking Narin's P2 once it's ready - although I'll be buying that anyways :lol

Shouldn't you just cancel it now SolarSailer seeing as we know nothing will change? If you wouldn't keep it as it is based on the prototype I doubt production pieces will help convince you. I imagine this will cost you a fortune to ship back.

Shouldn't you just cancel it now SolarSailer seeing as we know nothing will change? If you wouldn't keep it as it is based on the prototype I doubt production pieces will help convince you. I imagine this will cost you a fortune to ship back.

Not if it's damaged - and I have NO doubt LOTS of these will be.

(*edit *) - we've just been told to stop mentioning Narin on Statue forum - lol - although one of their design team (igo) was nice enough to admit that Narin refuses to work with Sideshow (wasn't news to me) *)

I say he should wait. Since Sideshow already has his NRD anyway, wait until in-hand pics start showing up here in the States.
Once he gets that email indicating that they will be drawing funds for the remaining balance and will be shipped shortly after, he could cancel at that time, if he wants to. But definitely get the deposit transferred over to another piece (assuming he hasn't done that already).

Back