Action Figure Predator 2 by Dizzyarse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And time for an update. It has been hard finding reference shots for sculpting the back of the chest armour, but I finally finished. I have left out some of the hooks that go under the medikit on the back as that will be where I am housing the batteries and switch mechanism for the bio LED. Still needs some of the detail sharpened up, and I will do that on the casting, as I am a bit ham-fisted there is only so much I can do with Sculpey before I forget how soft it is an stick a great big thumb print somewhere!
I will do the cast tomorrow after work and clean it up.
Oh, and before anyone says it, I know the tail part at the back and the shoulder pauldron is yet to be done, so still got a way to go yet.
Dizzy

how do you cast the armor with it on the figure? Does it dry and then you remove it or is there some other method? This is coming along great man. Where did you find all those pred heads?

I use Siligum to make the moulds, so it can be done on the figure. When I do remove the sculpey it will break up... the hairdrier technique stiffens it, but does not fully harden it. If I kept the hairdrier on for too long it would probably damage the figure.
As for the heads, got some good deals on eBay.
Dizzy

Cool. Thanks for the tips. I figured you got the heads on eBay. Sometimes you can find a deal. I just bought an extra shadow pred head for 30 bucks shipped. I don't need it but couldn't pass up the deal and I know I'll use it for something.

Update time...
finished sculpting the shoulder pauldron and have casted the armour. The sculpey will probably disintegreate as I remove it, but as I havr the moulds that is not a problem.
I dont suppose anyone out there has either a HT pred 2 bio, or a spare set of gauntlets? If you do, then PM me, and we can work out a good price.
Dizzy

you should talk to taylerdurdem about the bio. This is coming along great man! You should take a vacation from work so you can finish this. :)

Some more progress tonight,
a couple of shots of the body before painting, and with the new pattern started. Also a pic of the armour castings, the left and right sides of the chest front, and a shot of the single-piece back. If you look carefully you will see where the battery housing and switch are (for the bio LED) and the socket is in the neck (like on the HT ones).
Once the body is painted I can assemble the chest armour and show you it coming together.
Dizzy

Last edited:
Tonight's update...
The body painting is now finished, and here are a few shots in comparison (before, during and after, the original movie suits, and the Hot Toys P2).
The leggings look way too fat, so they will be getting modified soon.
The head looks way too big, but that is before I do the dread fix, and fix the neck so the head sits on it properly.
Still some work to do then!
Dizzy

Tonight's update...
The body painting is now finished, and here are a few shots in comparison (before, during and after, the original movie suits, and the Hot Toys P2).
The leggings look way too fat, so they will be getting modified soon.
The head looks way too big, but that is before I do the dread fix, and fix the neck so the head sits on it properly.
Still some work to do then!
Dizzy

How did you fix the neck?

I don't see too much of a problem with the shin armor, but to each their own. The neck definitely needs fixing up, though.

Great update and I can't wait for the next one! This is looking amazing!!

The head looks way too big

tumblr_lq61hldTEH1qbdzx1.gif

Realllly... quit customizing Preds :lol

oooh, a troll post
People callin it SARCASM :wave
I'm not sayin anything bad about your Preds. In fact I love them. I just "commentd" 'bout the fact that you thinkin that the awesome perfectly sized headsculpt by Pan Mak is actualy oversized. It's just ain't right and I can't leave it as is :)

lets see your work.
Not now... but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON :lol

Last edited:
The neck is really the only problem, plus it'll look much better with the armor on. Don't judge headsize until the entire figure is complete; just think of the movie costumes and how big those noggins had to be to fit all that electronic equipment inside them. HT made the mistake of idealizing the proportions with their Super Pred trio, and despite their overall awesomeness, those heads are on the tiny side.

Looks great Dizzy! Is the paint airbrushed or hand painted; also, did you use enamels or acrylic paint?

Hand painted, using Citadel water based colours. I do have an airbrush, but I feel more comfortable using hand brush techniques.
Dizzy

Back