Action Figure Predator 2 by Dizzyarse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see. I have some of those same paints. What colors and techniques did you use?

I used bleached bone for the abdomen, dark flesh for the brown, and fiery orange at the edges.
As for technique, dry brushing until it looks right, and a coat of gloss to seal it in.
Dizzy

And a little update.
I re-painted the spear. It is one of my favourite HT accessories (next to Jack Sparrows' compass and the T1 eye surgery tools).
A pic of the Master Replica spear, followed by a before painting shot of the HT one, then the (almost) finished re-paint.
Colours used: bleached bone and skull white, Bestial brown, Graveyard earth and highlights done in Tausept ochre. The metal parts on the spear tips had the edges lightly brushed in Glittering gold.
Hope you like.
I have been thinking about getting a second spear and putting an LED in for the bomb countdown. It would probably need to remain extended though to fit the electronics inside.
Dizzy

Nice piece, and excellent scaling.
Thanks also for the shots which I can use for reference.
Dizzy

Time for a weekend update...
been working on a few bits this week,
firstly I repainted the head more of an orangey brown colour.

And finally... started on the must have Pred 2 accessory... King Willys' head!

rock.gif
rock.gif

This is looking in-SANE! Gorgeous paint job on the head, very professional and it just oozes P2. This'll turn out to be quite the custom and I doubt HT would do things much differently than you are. Amazing work.

I'm personally still not sure about the resculpted shin armor, though. It just looks odd with those chunky thighs of his (a good move by HT this time around), and seems to interrupt the flow of muscle on his legs. That's just my two cents.

Can't wait to see more pics, as always! :rock

wheres the head from diz?
The head is originally a Samuel Jackson shouting head I got from eBay last week... with a few mods. (Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330573881906?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)

I re-casted the face and neck to leave a gap at the back of the head. This was so I could use Miliput to make the shape of the back of the head and thread the dreads in before it set. I used thick braided wool for them, and used embroidery thread for the red feathers. They were simply made by tying a small piece of thread at the end of each dread, and then feathering them by fluffing with a scalpel blade to fluff out the fibres.

I also braided six or seven dreads together so that they were not all the same thickness, and did a row of the dreads with those.
The face had a few mods too. I needed to change the noes so it was narrower at the nares (the side flaps) and bring the bridge of the nose up a bit too.

I raised the eyes by drilling into the squinty eye lids on the sculpt, and removed the tongue. I sculpted a fresh tongue which is at a higher angle than the Jackson one.

Then painting... I started with a deep brown, and used lighter and lighter tones for highlighting. Then a few washes with Citadel "vomit brown" (I kid you not, that is the name!).

I still have some gold dread rings to put in about 1/2 way down each dread, and the gory part of the severed flesh under the neck to sculpt.
Dizzy

I'm personally still not sure about the resculpted shin armor, though. It just looks odd with those chunky thighs of his (a good move by HT this time around), and seems to interrupt the flow of muscle on his legs.
I agree... if it were not for the thigh armour. It covers the chunkiness up, and when I fit it nice and snug no-one will see his thunder-thighs!
Dizzy

Back