Pre-order tron legacy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do they have to call Tron "The Original Classic?"

Just freaking call it "TRON."

I think releasing Tron before Legacy came out might have been a better sell, and sadly, i think the majority of (non geeks) people don't care enough now after seeing Legacy... it's sad, but true.

I will probably pick up the identity disc set though, i dig it... i do wish it wasn't upside down though.

M.

I guess it was a gamble that didn't pay off. They were afraid to release it before Legacy incase it freaked out potential Legacy audiences, but now the opposite has happened. Legacy wasn't a clear fire hit and now their market for the original has dipped.
I personally can't wait to have both. I have the original in HD from Sky but it's not great to be honest, hopefully the BD will be better.

I have both the Tron and Star Wars collectors sets ordered on blu-ray myself. Can't wait to get them! That said, tonight is the last night they are showing Tron 3D in the IMAX theater. I've already seen it in IMAX but... screw it... gotta head out again now to catch it one last time!

- J.

I haven't seen Tron Legacy yet but very much want to. Would you say it's still worth watching in 2D at home as opposed to 3D in the theaters? I have a 5 year old and we don't get out much to the movies.

Why do they have to call Tron "The Original Classic?"

Just freaking call it "TRON."

I think releasing Tron before Legacy came out might have been a better sell, and sadly, i think the majority of (non geeks) people don't care enough now after seeing Legacy... it's sad, but true.

I will probably pick up the identity disc set though, i dig it... i do wish it wasn't upside down though.

M.

Because people dont know what TRON is.

I haven't seen Tron Legacy yet but very much want to. Would you say it's still worth watching in 2D at home as opposed to 3D in the theaters? I have a 5 year old and we don't get out much to the movies.

I didn't think the 3D was all that great in the cinema. The actual screen size and sound quality in IMAX was great, but considering a large portion of the movie was CG, the 3D effect wasn't very good.

So I would say for screen size see it in the cinema! Or on the biggest TV you can!

He's right, though. Unless you're in your mid-30s or older, you probably never heard of Tron before the sequel was in the news.

Hey, I was born 2 years after the movie was released, but I've been a fan since I was 6. Of course, my mom was really into sci-fi stuff and I'm a Disney geek so I guess I'm an exception.. :lol I know what you mean, though. Seems like even a lot of Disney fans overlook the live-action films, with the exception of a few like Pirates and maybe Mary Poppins.

He's right, though. Unless you're in your mid-30s or older, you probably never heard of Tron before the sequel was in the news.

yea a lot of my friends thought Tron: Legacy was the first of TRON. Thankfully being the geek I am, a crash course on the original Tron was given before Legacy was released :lol

Glad to see they're re-releasing the 2-disc of the original movie but that version isn't being released in the new Legacy box set. :mad:

Glad to see they're re-releasing the 2-disc of the original movie but that version isn't being released in the new Legacy box set. :mad:

I thought it was? The listing at Amazon indicates that the 5-disc Legacy set will include:

- Tron Legacy 3D blu-ray
- Tron Legacy blu-ray
- Tron Legacy DVD
- Digital Copy
- Original Tron blu-ray

The second disc in the blu-ray 2-disc version of the original movie is just the regular DVD.

Yes, but is the "Disc" Blu-ray set region locked?
I want the 3d blu, most Disney releases are region free but I want to find out before I order.

I thought it was? The listing at Amazon indicates that the 5-disc Legacy set will include:

- Tron Legacy 3D blu-ray
- Tron Legacy blu-ray
- Tron Legacy DVD
- Digital Copy
- Original Tron blu-ray

The second disc in the blu-ray 2-disc version of the original movie is just the regular DVD.

I could be wrong their description is so damn confusing. I'll probably just check the box when it's released.

But most dvd box sets only give you the crappy 1-discs. It's rare for the best versions to be packaged all together, which is what I like.

Back