Post Your Predator / Alien Collection /_\ .'.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this one wasn't received too favorably, and the paint app is pretty s***e, but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for it, I like it quite a lot in fact, enough that I will give it a decent paint app in future, and maybe even some teeth....

zuxMhWs.jpg

d4xThXu.jpg

TSCYO6y.jpg

U6a9iYz.jpg

I shall say actually the berserker maquette supposed to be a nice piece with such a dynamic pose, same as the tracker maquette, and all three came with FX studio name attached, but unfortunately the final product turns out to be disappointed.

I had all 3 of those for a short time. Even at that scale they could have been ok. Paint was not the greatest, but it was details like the crazy long dreds and hard to display pose on the Berserker made me end up selling them.

I had all 3 of those for a short time. Even at that scale they could have been ok. Paint was not the greatest, but it was details like the crazy long dreds and hard to display pose on the Berserker made me end up selling them.

I agree about the dreads being slightly too long, but it doesn't bother me, my biggest complaint is the area where the dreads join his head is totally lacking any detail, it's just a block of resin. Well that and his blunt teeth which tame what should be an aggressive looking bio mask.I love the pose however which is always going to be a subjective thing. I wouldn't want such a dynamic pose on all of my statues, but it works well for this guy. The base is really nice also as long as you have a duster to hand! I regret not buying the Tracker, but I really disliked the Falconer in this line...

I agree about the dreads being slightly too long, but it doesn't bother me, my biggest complaint is the area where the dreads join his head is totally lacking any detail, it's just a block of resin. Well that and his blunt teeth which tame what should be an aggressive looking bio mask.I love the pose however which is always going to be a subjective thing. I wouldn't want such a dynamic pose on all of my statues, but it works well for this guy. The base is really nice also as long as you have a duster to hand! I regret not buying the Tracker, but I really disliked the Falconer in this line...
I like what they tried to do with the pose too, just the way it is, I found it hard to find a good angle to display it from. Tracker is probably my favorite of the 3, Falconer was not bad in person, just a bit plain compared to the other 2.

My collection (I mostly collect Alien and Terminator related stuff):

DSC_1919 (1).jpg

stuff.jpg

I'll add a third Detolf for the 1/4 Big Chaps (both versions). Space is really becoming an issue with this hobby.

Nice set up, tchalikias. Where is the SS Aliens Diorama to go with the others?:)

Nice set up, tchalikias. Where is the SS Aliens Diorama to go with the others?:)

The Aliens diorama is the hardest one to find, in my experience. A lot of people sell their Alien, Alien 3 and A:R dioramas but I've yet to find the Aliens one for a reasonable price. It's always on my 'to buy list'!

Not my stuffs obviously.
But it's probably the most crazy A&P collection of all time. Pics are from one mighty Chinese collector.
b4096da98226cffc174e4ac6be014a90f603ea2e_zpsfff5hani.jpg
816ae1fc1e178a82b2588ad4f103738da977e82e_zps4urgchlj.jpg
40e5ac26cffc1e1780db79454d90f603738de92e_zpsufbfahqm.jpg
8f18baeef01f3a29f28860a09e25bc315d607cec_zpspreldb1v.jpg
905f9e7eca806538bd79117d90dda144ac34829d_zpsfa1xebdg.jpg
981c61c2d56285353575674f97ef76c6a6ef6397_zpsui0pfwwd.jpg

That's crazy, I wonder why he has so many duplicates though?
As far as I know, he actually discarded most of the boxes of all these pieces, which makes him seem to be a true collector.
So maybe he just likes to see an massive A&P army in his room.

Sell some of those duplicates so others can enjoy them. I can understand maybe 2 of the same pred statue, one for masked and one unmasked, but 5 CM preds?

Looking at that collection was like looking straight at the sun; so brilliant it was almost blinding. I had to look away partway through scrolling to compose myself. So many grail pieces... too many, actually. Seeing that many duplicates of rare pieces seems downright greedy to me. Why have four or five of the same piece? I'd sell a kidney for one of those Fewture Alien busts, and this person has four.

Back