Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of an update. Seller says those were the components he received when he bought the thing himself a few years ago. He's refunding my payment but he won't be able to do so until after he returns from celebration in Anaheim. So in other words I'm out of $625 for two weeks and can't afford to bid on the one currently listed on ebay. :banghead

Wow that's awful! Shame on the Scummer who mis-sold you this.
I've always posted pictures of the actual items i'm selling on Rebelscum, but i've noticed too many fellow scummers Not posting pictures of the item their selling, it's quite off putting.

Bit of an update. Seller says those were the components he received when he bought the thing himself a few years ago. He's refunding my payment but he won't be able to do so until after he returns from celebration in Anaheim. So in other words I'm out of $625 for two weeks and can't afford to bid on the one currently listed on ebay. :banghead

Why cant he refund you now? If it was paypal it should be instant, he can do it from anywhere. It makes no sense and sounds suspect, unless he already spent the $$$ on his upcoming trip. I may sound harsh, but I've been around long enough to not trust people with flimsy excuses.

Last edited:
He says he needs to examine the saber to make sure I haven't damaged it before refunding me is why.

I'm hoping when you say "examine" you mean he wants you to take a bunch of pics of it. He's not asking you to ship everything back without refunding first, is he?

If it's the latter I'd proceed very cautiously, I'm pretty sure I've heard of cons like that (ask for intact item back to "check for damage," gets it back and takes pics of some other, broken item. Refuses to refund any money and ships you the junk.)

I'm hoping when you say "examine" you mean he wants you to take a bunch of pics of it. He's not asking you to ship everything back without refunding first, is he?

Yeah, don't ship it back until he refunds you. File a paypal claim. You paid for the saber first before he shipped it, right? You are just asking for the same courtesy. But file the claim so he has to refund you. You hold all the cards on this one.

The fact that he says he bought it like this new is a red flag. Is he claiming to be the original owner? if so, then the scam is in progress I would say.

He didn't specify whether he was the original owner. Also I already agreed to send it back first. Would I be in the wrong by filing a paypal dispute out of the blue?

He didn't specify whether he was the original owner. Also I already agreed to send it back first. Would I be in the wrong by filing a paypal dispute out of the blue?

No, especially if it is getting close to 30 days from the original transaction date. Your are just protecting yourself and it is harmless to him as long as he honors his end of the deal.

Does anyone know if the Anovos helmets that are coming out, TIE Fighter Pilot,SnowTrooper, AT-AT Driver or Vader come with some sort of stand?
How would you display the Snowtrooper helmet without one?

Does anyone know if the Anovos helmets that are coming out, TIE Fighter Pilot,SnowTrooper, AT-AT Driver or Vader come with some sort of stand?
How would you display the Snowtrooper helmet without one?

IIRC on RPF they said there is no stand. But you could easily get one from various ebay sellers or even use a paper towel holder. Or maybe Anovos will make a stand in the end

I got a reply on their Facebook page...
"As our helmets are meant to be wearable, we do not have display stands for our products, and leave the utilization of the helmet completely to the end-user."

I have to say that's a bit disappointing considering people won't wear these to sleep or to work...LOL
Some stand would have been good.

The stand is the easier part to find for a helmet.

EFX and Anovos could do custom stands - people have asked EFX for years now.

RS Prop Masters Scout helmets

RS Prop Masters Scout helmets 1.jpg

Back