Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's our updated Universal Monster Premium Format Collection. We've added Wolfman and London After Midnight PFs since summer. All are in the besta shelves.

Enjoy :)

c5564daa-dffe-48d4-8b2d-9dbbf0f73d4e_zpsfbe29ab3.jpg

0b98ba86-44d3-4b9f-bd73-2f4fff4fe638_zps9061c88e.jpg

088f0352-54b2-45d9-abdd-a5a3d0465a9a_zps8c24df53.jpg

498b6ece-67c8-48b5-a5fc-a7178ce3e3c0_zps503ce219.jpg

7b8b7fc1-06fc-4546-b06a-691da6a6a1c4_zpsf5cf0ae1.jpg

f47fbd75-85b8-44ec-9d9b-5208c961662c_zps3a587d61.jpg

b5b4cc8b-3bb4-4ddb-b958-5b53bdfe1477_zps563e49b8.jpg

eb4a8f72-1d6c-45e6-8363-5e238ebcb713_zps0a1d4748.jpg

Ardeth Bey- your collection is stunning.
Here we go! Now right there are 3 beautiful busts. I've always wanted to get my hands on that Nosferatu Bust. The Bride again looks fantastic and I'm looking into getting that kit and sending it to a painter to get it all done up. Whoever you got to paint her did a fantastic job. Just looks incredible. Gorgeous set up. Thank you for sharing!

You should get the kit and get it painted. It's worth it. She's simply gorgeous.

Last edited:
Love that London After Midnight. :hi5:

Speaking of which... does anyone know where this movie can be viewed/obtained online?

Speaking of which... does anyone know where this movie can be viewed/obtained online?

That movie isn't available anymore to be viewed due to a fire that happend many years ago. However, you can still view some of the stills that survived. It's on YouTube.

Does anyone know if the quality of the video is any good for this DVD collection:

910kCWDtY4L._SL1500_.jpg

I like this particular set because it is a complete collection of the Universal monsters.

The blu ray collection...

post-269895-0-12284400-1396805088.jpg

...has only the 8 main movies.
I have no clue how good the quality of the DVD is. I want to pick it up due to it having all of the films. But I do own the Blu-Ray set and the movies are stunning. I think it would be more worth the Blu-Ray set than the DVD set. I bet Universal will release the rest on Blu-Ray eventually.
Here's our updated Universal Monster Premium Format Collection. We've added Wolfman and London After Midnight PFs since summer. All are in the besta shelves.

Enjoy :)

c5564daa-dffe-48d4-8b2d-9dbbf0f73d4e_zpsfbe29ab3.jpg

0b98ba86-44d3-4b9f-bd73-2f4fff4fe638_zps9061c88e.jpg

088f0352-54b2-45d9-abdd-a5a3d0465a9a_zps8c24df53.jpg

498b6ece-67c8-48b5-a5fc-a7178ce3e3c0_zps503ce219.jpg

7b8b7fc1-06fc-4546-b06a-691da6a6a1c4_zpsf5cf0ae1.jpg

f47fbd75-85b8-44ec-9d9b-5208c961662c_zps3a587d61.jpg

b5b4cc8b-3bb4-4ddb-b958-5b53bdfe1477_zps563e49b8.jpg

eb4a8f72-1d6c-45e6-8363-5e238ebcb713_zps0a1d4748.jpg

Ardeth Bey- your collection is stunning.

You should get the kit and get it painted. It's worth it. She's simply gorgeous.

Stunning collection! I'm definitely thinking of getting the kit. Just a stunning sculpt.

As ironwomen has stated the movie itself is long lost. After the fire it has been gone and nowhere to be found. YouTube is your best bet to see stills from the film but that's about it. I wish the film was around. I would of loved to see it! :(

Here's a little contribution to the thread. Received this guy in today. The Sideshow Collectibles Universal Monsters Silver Screen Edition Bela Lugosi Dracula 1:6 Scale Figure! Another one added to the collection. I got about maybe 3-4 more Silver Screens to get.
3ebe7061d6f13923fb924c59d6bc962a.jpg

One of my favorite collectibles I own is the Premium Format Bela Lugosi. Incredibly well done.

Sometimes I really regret selling my 12" sideshow universal monster collection. Good thing I still have my 8 inch figures.

One of my favorite collectibles I own is the Premium Format Bela Lugosi. Incredibly well done.

Sometimes I really regret selling my 12" sideshow universal monster collection. Good thing I still have my 8 inch figures.

Post some pics of the Dracula Premium Format! I would love to see it. :) The 12" scale rules. Favorite scale to collect.

Sideshow really knocked it out of the park with the Universal Monsters line. Seeing the PFs again reminds me of how beautiful these pieces are. I used to have the color CFTBL PF and sadly I sold it. Still regret it to this day. Maybe one day I'll pick it back up if I can manage to find space for it. I've got one Universal Monsters item on display: Tom Whalen's Dracula print.

Anyone still have any of the dios?

View attachment 139825

This is a great print. :clap Love seeing all the artists different interpretations on the Monsters.

Here's a little contribution to the thread. Received this guy in today. The Sideshow Collectibles Universal Monsters Silver Screen Edition Bela Lugosi Dracula 1:6 Scale Figure! Another one added to the collection. I got about maybe 3-4 more Silver Screens to get.
3ebe7061d6f13923fb924c59d6bc962a.jpg

Really enjoying that you started this thread. Great seeing all the pics. Keep 'em coming. Halloween and Universal Monsters = favorite time of the year. :clap

A happy halloween.jpg

Nosferatu was the first anything I got from SSC, and London after Midnight was my first PF! Haven't added anything Universal since (gotten Tweeterheads Elvira/Herman Munster) they would be ideal to have this license. Even though they are old, they are great pieces!

Really enjoying that you started this thread. Great seeing all the pics. Keep 'em coming. Halloween and Universal Monsters = favorite time of the year. :clap
Exactly! I love seeing everyone's collection or pieces. This thread will be a yearly thread. I hope to keep it going for many years and Spooktaculars. :)
View attachment 140062

Nosferatu was the first anything I got from SSC, and London after Midnight was my first PF! Haven't added anything Universal since (gotten Tweeterheads Elvira/Herman Munster) they would be ideal to have this license. Even though they are old, they are great pieces!
Great pieces man! Thanks for sharing! :clap

Tbolt- those are some beautiful pieces you have.

Not trying to start a rumor but when my husband ask one of the main Sideshow sculptors at Monsterpa looks regarding the UM line, the sculptor said they areally working on bringing back the line.

Not trying to start a rumor but when my husband ask one of the main Sideshow sculptors at Monsterpa looks regarding the UM line, the sculptor said they areally working on bringing back the line.

Strange enough, I have heard this too from one of the CSR people that I asked if they would be getting the line back and they said "Uh... I can't talk about that right now." Then he chuckled, sounding like he was alluding to something. It would be interesting to see if/how they update the line. Not sure if they will actually do it though but it would be great.

That would be awesome if they would revive the line! But I'm not holding my breathe at this point. Sideshow is busy with other licenses.

This is going to sound bizarre coming from me: but I hope Universal and Sideshow are finished with each other. Here's why:

The likely course of action would be the same one they are doing with Marvel. Re-doing the most popular characters. So it would be Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature galore. Not expanding on an already existing line. Plus---there is little choice but to start them over again---because the original releases are "old" now.

Prices have risen dramatically on their new products now. There was much complaining originally when SSC switched to higher end collectibles from the Universal monsters fan base years ago. From "monster kids" who were older, and couldnt afford to be part of the party. Some of whom are no longer even living. As much as I love Universal Monsters...high end stuff wont reach the calibre of sales of Marvel, DC, Star Wars, or the popular video game franchise of the day. I wouldnt wish to jump in on a new line that may only consist of about 6 monsters before it poops out.

If SSC were to go back and make new monsters: the lifesize busts and the dioramas were really the only "unfinished business" when the lost the license. They had already stopped making 8 inch figures, 12 inch figures, and pfs.

But--if they did get the Universal license back---I would support the dioramas. Unless they oversaturated.

This is going to sound bizarre coming from me: but I hope Universal and Sideshow are finished with each other. Here's why:

The likely course of action would be the same one they are doing with Marvel. Re-doing the most popular characters. So it would be Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature galore. Not expanding on an already existing line. Plus---there is little choice but to start them over again---because the original releases are "old" now.

Prices have risen dramatically on their new products now. There was much complaining originally when SSC switched to higher end collectibles from the Universal monsters fan base years ago. From "monster kids" who were older, and couldnt afford to be part of the party. Some of whom are no longer even living. As much as I love Universal Monsters...high end stuff wont reach the calibre of sales of Marvel, DC, Star Wars, or the popular video game franchise of the day. I wouldnt wish to jump in on a new line that may only consist of about 6 monsters before it poops out.

If SSC were to go back and make new monsters: the lifesize busts and the dioramas were really the only "unfinished business" when the lost the license. They had already stopped making 8 inch figures, 12 inch figures, and pfs.

But--if they did get the Universal license back---I would support the dioramas. Unless they oversaturated.

I really do agree with what you said. I would love if the line came back but at the same time prices have risen drastically and my wallet would be hurting because I would buy everything. If they were to come back I would like to see a couple of the characters remade in 1:6 but I think the Dioramas and Busts should get the treatment first since they were unfinished. Sadly Dioramas are not a thing anymore. Busts on the other hand would be great.

Back