Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge Universal Classic Monsters fan as well.
I currently don't have any in my collection. I'd love for someone to pick up the license and make 1/4 pieces that are accurate, opposed to artistic.

Sadly, I missed out on the Sideshow pieces released years ago. I know they're up for sale every now and then, but I'd like a complete set and would much rather have an updated version.
Exactly! I hope someone picks up the license and starts making new pieces. I say if you have your eye on a few of the older pieces. I would go for it.

I since added Wolfman and London After Midnight PFs.

IMG_7666_zps02a123bd.jpg

Beautiful PF collection you have there. Wow loving it! The set up is really nice.

Can you post your Frank and Bride PF? When I said they were dead I meant around here on the forum. I should of phrased my sentence better. I know they are still popular but on the freaks forum I barely see anything of the classics. I'm still glad they are popular and companies making sweet toys or collectibles. I hope Sideshow one day will get the license back. If you regret selling Dracula maybe track him down and buy him again?

I say go for it man! Awesome PF! I own the 1:6 Silver Screen Edition of London After Midnight. Very awesome figure.

Yes they count! I need to pick up those Mezco figures. They rule! :rock

Yes, as requested. :)

Sad I let the others go but space is always an issue. I have sold the Bride and Frank before and knew soon after I made a huge mistake. I was able to pick up another color set thankfully and these ones will be staying with me. Very pricey these days, but worth it. Awesome that you started this thread. Really like seeing everyones collection of Uni Monsters. :wave

Sad I let the others go but space is always an issue. I have sold the Bride and Frank before and knew soon after I made a huge mistake. I was able to pick up another color set thankfully and these ones will be staying with me. Very pricey these days, but worth it. Awesome that you started this thread. Really like seeing everyones collection of Uni Monsters. :wave

ya gotta give it to the factories that SS uses, they paint women's lips great

Thank you for posting! Beautiful set to own. I've always wanted it but it's just too pricey for me. I'm more of the 1:6 collector anyways but if I could own this set one day than I would be all in for it. I'm crossing my fingers that eventually Tweeterhead gets the license to make Maquette of the Classic Universal Monsters. I'm praying they do. They are perfect scale Maquettes and the prices are very reasonable. I plan on picking up a few that are in stock right now from them. They look very well done and for the price you can't go wrong. Definitely glad you got the set back though. I would NEVER EVER sell them. :rock

Thank you for posting! Beautiful set to own. I've always wanted it but it's just too pricey for me. I'm more of the 1:6 collector anyways but if I could own this set one day than I would be all in for it. I'm crossing my fingers that eventually Tweeterhead gets the license to make Maquette of the Classic Universal Monsters. I'm praying they do. They are perfect scale Maquettes and the prices are very reasonable. I plan on picking up a few that are in stock right now from them. They look very well done and for the price you can't go wrong. Definitely glad you got the set back though. I would NEVER EVER sell them. :rock

Yes, they really are worth it. Even more beautiful in person. I think they reason that they are so pricey is that they only made 500 of The Monster and 750 of the Bride so they are very hard to find and people rarely let them go from their collections these days. The Bride of Frank is one of the most highly regarded classic films ever. It's timeless. If Tweeterhead got the license I would be all over it. They are very easy to display in 1/6 so hopefully it happens. Thank you for getting people to give all these awesome monsters some love again. And no, I have no intention of selling these guys again :)

Yes, they really are worth it. Even more beautiful in person. I think they reason that they are so pricey is that they only made 500 of The Monster and 750 of the Bride so they are very hard to find and people rarely let them go from their collections these days. The Bride of Frank is one of the most highly regarded classic films ever. It's timeless. If Tweeterhead got the license I would be all over it. They are very easy to display in 1/6 so hopefully it happens. Thank you for getting people to give all these awesome monsters some love again. And no, I have no intention of selling these guys again :)
Exactly no one should get rid of them. They are classic pieces to own as is the film is one of my all time favorites. I hope Tweeterhead goes down that route and gets the license. So far they have made some very nice Maquettes for the price. I plan to collect The Munster Line. I just want to see the Classics invade the forum again. At one point that was the talk around here. I just want to see it again. Well good! Keep them until you die man. :)

dddddddddddd.jpg

I did thin down my monsters, sold some, what you see is what will stay in my collection forever!

Sideshow really knocked it out of the park with the Universal Monsters line. Seeing the PFs again reminds me of how beautiful these pieces are. I used to have the color CFTBL PF and sadly I sold it. Still regret it to this day. Maybe one day I'll pick it back up if I can manage to find space for it. I've got one Universal Monsters item on display: Tom Whalen's Dracula print.

Anyone still have any of the dios?

Dracula.jpg

Does anyone know if the quality of the video is any good for this DVD collection:

910kCWDtY4L._SL1500_.jpg

I like this particular set because it is a complete collection of the Universal monsters.

The blu ray collection...

post-269895-0-12284400-1396805088.jpg

...has only the 8 main movies.

Back