Possible first look of HT Venom (2018 film)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ASM Spidey from Sony came with an Andrew Garfield sculpt and Tobey before him, so there's no reason to suspect that it couldn't happen unless Tom himself says no, which is unlikely. Comparing it to a Fox movie character isn't really fair. Sony seems to have a better relationship with the toy companies than Fox does. But i'm sure Marvel/Disney has had something to do with that. And of course HT could also just decide not to do one, not that they'd tell us the reason either way.

Remember they said that venom won't have the big white spider on him. They removed all Spiderman elements from this venom for this movie.

That's because this story doesn't play out the way it did in the comics, Spidey isn't a part of this venom's world... yet. And it's unknown if he ever will be.

It makes me very skeptical too, but i'm willing to give it a shot. I'm hoping Disney/Marvel can work something out with Sony in the long run to have them meet... Everyone wants it, and they know it.

Last edited:
I was commenting how the figure itself probably won't be very interesting to most people. It sounds like it will kind of look like venom, but this is going to be pretty far off from the comics as you note (in appearance, character motivations and history.)

Regarding the movie, the reasonable expectation is that it will be pretty bad. What I have heard so far is pretty terrible. The executives have a pretty shotty track record, but considering they make movies not to be good but to sell toys, they are largely successful.

Optimism in this case is to expect something terrible, and be presently surprised its suicide squad instead of fan4stic. My guess is they are going to have like 4 CGI symbiote characters running around in this movie, making it feel like a sequel to Electra plot-wise. The trailer reminded me of the first ghost rider movie a bit ( a movie that people also thought looked promising.)

Marvel wants to make movies that focus on the characters, develop good stories, and focus on long term development. Venom doesn't have people producing it which know how to do that.

Re: Possible first look of Venom (2018 film)

View attachment 406024

It would make zero sense for him to suddenly have a spider on his chest or web swing or anything without the symbiote having bonded to Parker first.

Makes the most sense for Parker to bring it back with him as a result of infinity war events or something, but not sure they're going that direction.

This^ I really want to see Venom done justice in a live action movie. Given Sony's track record I'm trying not to get my hopes up, plus with all these companies trying to start their own cinematic universes it's getting hard to keep track of which heroes exist in a certain universe. I feel like Hollywood is beating the shared universe idea to death.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Venom is going to be a big figure, if he is made.

DjcCDUlVsAEpzFY.jpg

This would be an awesome head if they wanted to include an alternative sculpt

DjcB-awUcAYN4Fp.jpg

So was there any truth to the rumors in January that Tom Holland was spotted on the set filming scenes as Peter Parker for this movie? I haven't seen anything about it since then. I'm aware both sides said venom isn't part of the MCU, but i want to keep hope alive.

If Venom gets a HT figure made, should it or should it not come with a Tom Hardy sculpt?

I hope no Hardy sculpt. A seamless suit without a neck seam like all of the recent Spiderman figures would be best.

Venom stands at like 9 feet tall in the movie. Having a little hardy sculpt on there would look silly. I think most collectors don't want a venom that looks taller than Thanos in their display as well.

Based on the trailer, I am getting a big Ghost Rider movie vibe. Not the worst thing, but something I won't seek out in the theaters. 90% chance Hot Toys doesn't get involved in this movie.

He is so organic, it probably is better to go Chitari and do full plastic if they make it. Not really noticable creases or folds when Venom moves. It literally is his skin.

I had good vibes when I watched the first trailer after the latest one I am not so sure. Looks like another Sony fail to me. I would still buy a figure though if it happened.

I definitely think it'll be a sculpted body. It's not a suit he's wearing in the movie, it'd look weird to have it be soft goods on the figure.

dude these trailers keep making the film look better and better. Granted, many of us fans will always have an issue with there being no spider-man in the origin, but damn does this film just nail the current mood and present history of the character.
the suit looks amazing, the CGI keeps getting better and better and the whole thing looks awesome.

everyone crying the film looks hokey or cheap or b-movie style, please! this film looks really good and better than it has an reason to be. same goes for into the spiderverse

I think a venom figure would be amazing and being bigger or the same size as thanos wouldnt bother me, honestly. as long as the figure looks like he does in the film, ill be happy

Trailer looks bad, but I definitely want this Venom in my HT collection. Hardy/Venom headsculpt would be awesome too. Not only does he look awesome, but I think it would be a good challenge for HT to tackle.

Back