Possible first look of HT Venom (2018 film)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Possible first look of Venom (2018 film)

Hot toys hasn’t made any postings teasing about figures when the trailers dropped so I’ll go ahead and say they have no plans to make any figures :(

This.

Unless the movie is a surprise hit, I'm 99.9% certain HT will not do anything from it.

Hot toys hasn’t made any postings teasing about figures when the trailers dropped so I’ll go ahead and say they have no plans to make any figures :(

Hot toys posted the trailer tho. Also they always make spidey movie related stuff

The trailer itself looks so-so in my opinion. It doesn’t look terrible but it doesn’t have that same shine as modern comic book films and very much looks early 2000s or something. It feels a bit like generic sci-fi/horror that happens to star Venom/Eddie Brock (or maybe the opposite way around depending on if the rumors of very little Venom are true). The transformation sequence from Eddie to Venom at the end looks cheesy but I think what’s seen of Venom looks alright. One thing I’m not liking is Hardy’s accent. It feels out of place and not how I’d imagine Eddie to sound. I’m still interested but I’m not overly excited. I do have to say though if Hot Toys makes a figure I’ll probably get it no matter what. He’d be good to pair with Spidey even if it’s not screen accurate.

I think it’s pretty early to make that determination. We’re still about five months away from the film’s release. Plus we haven’t even had a full Venom reveal yet. Also Hot Toys has done figures for all the Sony Spider-Man films since Spider-Man 3 so I would think they’d be interested in making him.

Looks like a low grade budget IMO..the flow seems more like a Netflix production rather a big Sony feature

Am I the only one who feels this :lecture

Not at all. Seems off.

I keep thinking DP 2 seems more electric and fun

I think this is Sony’s last effort to produce a marvel flick ..I get a sense they are ready to give up to Disney and Feige :lecture

From my guess, this Venom movie might hurt a bit because of no ties to Spiderman. Therefore half of Eddie Brocks story is scratched and loosely basing it on Lethal Protector story line.
We'll probably see him as Venom fighting the inner hunger of the symbiote and fight against other symbiotes in not just 1 big bad.

That being said, with no ties to Spider-man means the Venom symbiote never bonded with Spidey thus no spider powers. So the look will be similar to Ultimate Venom with no spider logo and probably no web shooting just tendrils. Think more or less like how Venom fights in Marvel VS Capcom.

I think there isn't enough material to make any products yet. So far SONY has kept it under wraps similar to Fox and their properties. Can't let Marvel know too much now that they are competitors.

I don't like the fact that the symbiote is talking to him in full sentences. Its way too eloquent and well spoken. It should be more crude and primal, speaking in single words. Then it could slowly become more intelligent over time.

I don't like the fact that the symbiote is talking to him in full sentences. Its way too eloquent and well spoken. It should be more crude and primal, speaking in single words. Then it could slowly become more intelligent over time.

Maybe the footage they showed is the symbiote "over time". You gotta remember, this is a teaser, not the movie. I'm personally reserving judgement until I see it because otherwise, it's premature.

Wanna see something great go watch the googly eye version of the trailer. Lol

Venom (2018) Speculation

I'm hoping we will see a Hot Toys Venom and looking forward to the film. What are your guys' predictions that we will get one?

Re: Venom (2018) Speculation

I’d say it’s 50/50.
It’s spidey related, so there’s a good chance. But it’s non MCU, so maybe not. I’m actually kinda surprised they made another Deadpool. So it’s hard to say.

Love Venom and am eager to see this (Hardy is one of my favorites from his gen), but I have reservations about a Hot Toys figure since I don't like seams. This is mitigated by clothes, but Venom ain't got none... so, seam-city.

If Venom gets a HT figure made, should it or should it not come with a Tom Hardy sculpt?

This.
Unless the movie is a surprise hit, I'm 99.9% certain HT will not do anything from it.

I have a feeling that HT has plans to make Venom and nothing further. They've done at least one offering from the other Sony Marvel installments, I don't see them passing here. They'll probably announce the figure itself the weekend the film comes out. I don't see them hyping this too much past that.

If Venom gets a HT figure made, should it or should it not come with a Tom Hardy sculpt?

In theory but the Deadpools don't come with a Reynolds sculpt so it's not a total given.

Back