Possible 2013 Toys Fair Exclusives (Hot Toys)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be surprised.

Hot Toys have been doing Toys Fair Exclusives for the last few years and for them to not do one or three this year wouldn't make much sense to me. The company is the most popular it has ever been and they have so many possibilities.

If they don't, that's ok. Less money I have to spend. :rotfl

We shall see!

Well they have been releasing more exclusives through out the year maybe they are looking to change things up.

I for one hate the way exclusives are handled the pics coming out of HK with maids and drivers all looking to bye the figures in order to flip them what was that one year when they had the Batman Begins exclusive and they showed a picture of this guy who had a wall full of them its like they paid every maid and driver to wait in line to get them just so they could flip it. And here in the US side shows website is always crashing what a joke. Thank full Hot Toys has increased they number they produce and this is happening less and less.

If its truly for the fans of Hot Toys who enjoy and support their product why not just do a regular release.

From a business perspective exclusives should not be the main characters be in order for them to maximize sales

Did they specifically say Hot Toys wouldn't be having any Toy Fair exclusives or just SDCC exclusives? I can see Hot Toys having their usual Toy Fair exclusives and then Sideshow releasing them throughout the summer instead of just at SDCC. I don't think there is anything that says Sideshow, as a distributor, HAS to release these exclusives at SDCC. Last year they made all of their exclusives available online and didn't have a show pick up, shipping them out instead. I can see them forgoing the whole SDCC branding and just calling the Hot Toys exclusives "summer exclusives".

Well they have been releasing more exclusives through out the year maybe they are looking to change things up.

I for one hate the way exclusives are handled the pics coming out of HK with maids and drivers all looking to bye the figures in order to flip them what was that one year when they had the Batman Begins exclusive and they showed a picture of this guy who had a wall full of them its like they paid every maid and driver to wait in line to get them just so they could flip it. And here in the US side shows website is always crashing what a joke. Thank full Hot Toys has increased they number they produce and this is happening less and less.

If its truly for the fans of Hot Toys who enjoy and support their product why not just do a regular release.

From a business perspective exclusives should not be the main characters be in order for them to maximize sales

I hear ya, man. What I like about the Exclusives though is that usually the wait is only a couple of months. Versus how long we have to wait for a regular release :rotfl

That's what it sounds like from what they told me, that they will have "several exclusives throughout the summer" and to sign up for their newsletter and stay tuned.

hopefully they will finally release that Captain America Golden Age version ... it's been a year since we saw this at comic con and still no news about it :impatient:

and what about that Bruce Banner figure? will this still get a release? :dunno

As far as from Sideshow, I can understand the decision to forego "sdcc exclusives" for "summer exclusives". Last year they revealed the exs by the number of likes they got. From what I remember, they didn't get all the likes they needed and ended up just revealing them anyway. Interest and sales weren't up to their expectations and it makes more fiscal sense to allow each ex it's time to "breathe" (tease, reveal,po) then release 4 or 5 at the same time and allow one or more of their items to suffer sales-wise because of limited funds. How many of us can afford to buy all the SDCC exclusives anyway?
HT has always done it's own thing separate from SSC. I would imagine 1 or more of the summer exs are going to be a HT. They probably won't be bunched up right around SDCC. 2009 and onward only 2 HT SDCC ex have come out during or right before SDCC and that was GG & Secret Project IM. Most come out September/October with POs after SDCC (Gordon, TF Bats). I think HT is more focused on the Asian TFs and create exs for them. It just so happens 1 of those TFs happen close to SDCC time.

Hot Toys announced 3 Toys Fair Exclusives last year on July 9, 2012.
1. Angelica POTC
2. Jim Gordon (Swat Version)
3. Captain America (Rescue Version)

The Captain America was announced earlier than the other 2 if I remember correctly.

SDCC just posted this list of exclusives:

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2013/exclusives

Noticeably missing (so far) from the list are Sideshow and Hot Toys. :(

It does say that they will be adding to the list as they get closer to Comic-Con. So, I wouldn't rule out there not being any Hot Toys Exclsuives. Plus, HT exclusives usually aren't sold there any ways. I just want to see some revealed.

I can confirm that Sideshow is saying they won't have any SDCC exclusives, instead going with "summer releases", sign up for the newsletter, etc, ad nauseum. I also asked about Hot Toys Toy Fair exclusives and the CSR I was chatting with didn't know about any Hot Toys exclusives.

I wouldn't worry about things missing from that list. ThreeA isn't even on there, and they've already debuted some of their exclusives on the company blog.

SSC just posted this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/sideshowcollectibles?sk=app_140027096128579&app_data=sp390114

422653_ComicCon2013Countdown.jpg

finally....I almost thought for a second SS forgot what the H Comic Con was......CC to me is like Christmas in July for a collector....

finally....I almost thought for a second SS forgot what the H Comic Con was......CC to me is like Christmas in July for a collector....

I know I found sooo much collectible toys at the Texas Comic Con today and even met Billy Dee Williams, Jeremy Bulloch and Eric Bauersfield, tommorrow they have Q/A for some of them including Sarah Douglas and the Valerie Perrine from the superman movies. Man soo much stuff... so much sideshow statues... not enough 3ds streetpasses though haha

Back