POPTOYS 1/6 EX-026 Devoted Samurai (standard version/deluxe version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this was back when big historical epics suddenly became popular again because of Braveheart and Gladiator. Personally I don't think Last Samurai is nearly at that level, as the story is just far too predictable and cliched, but it's still a solid enough movie and does a good job exploring the Samurai culture.

They're using registered airmail to the US. I've received a few things from them in the past couple months, takes a little longer because of the customs holding it longer. Otherwise it's been no problemo.

Giantoy now has the deluxe listed for $315 shipped.

Also Ishida Mitsunari Red armor for $275, which looks like it would be from Last Samurai, but is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POed the deluxe from KGHobby as they turned out to have the best price even factoring in shipping.

I've never ordered from Giantoy. They have a well organized website. How are they to work with?

POed the deluxe from KGHobby as they turned out to have the best price even factoring in shipping.

I've never ordered from Giantoy. They have a well organized website. How are they to work with?

Did you pay in full for 3% discount at KG?

Giantoy is great. In my experience, between KG, TNS, and giantoy, I?d say giantoy has the best customer service. Plus giantoy?s $20 deposits are fully refundable up to the point that they invoice you for the balance. So if you change your mind during the PO period, you can cancel and get your $20 back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody been regularly buying CooModel's Samurai stuff and owns some of Pop Toys' offerings? How does the quality compare between these two companies producing Samurai figures?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I rewatched Last Samurai a couple days ago, hadn't seen it since probably 2004 or 05. It holds up well, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

As I expected, it made me want to order Katsumoto. Such an excellent looking figure. I'd also like Ujio, he's my favorite in the movie.

To me, in medieval stuff, these two companies provide the best figures available on the market. HT May be a Leader for boring stuff, but Coo Model, POP Toys and Supermadtoys (for unlicensed, rare stuff) are a refreshing change.

I definitely agree with you there. At least with CooModel stuff. Their quality of work is exceptional and the pieces make the licensed work of more well known industry leaders look boring or shabby in comparison. But I also just really lile the complexity of medieval outfits and armors on display. When these companies nail that look we get display pieces that are second to none.

Has anybody been regularly buying CooModel's Samurai stuff and owns some of Pop Toys' offerings? How does the quality compare between these two companies producing Samurai figures?

I have almost every Coomodel samurai figure, and the Nathan Algren and Tomoe Gozen from Pop Toys. They’re on pretty much the same level of quality, both companies make outstanding figures.

I got this figure from Time Walker. Unfortunately it was missing the Katana. I let them know. Hopefully they can give me one. Such a bummer.

Finally got mine today, and man I'm really wishing now that I had splurged on the deluxe version so I could cover up that Cruise sculpt with the helmet. I was hoping the head might look better in hand, but nope it's clearly far too old and bloated for a 2003 Tom Cruise, and the ugly, ratty hair on top just makes it even worse.

Which is a shame, because the rest of the figure looks exceptional with the armor and all the amazing detail everywhere.

Debating now if I should hold out for a helmet on toy anxiety, or pick up that knockoff head on ebay which I guess is a recast of the Iminime sculpt? Not really sure, but it certainly looks miles better than this one.

Back